Area riders you thought would be factory stars.

3/16/2009 5:51pm
BobbyM wrote:
eric hall was a badass. he rode the nats with rodney and i think my ex mechanic billy was his mechanic for a while. halls old...
eric hall was a badass. he rode the nats with rodney and i think my ex mechanic billy was his mechanic for a while. halls old man owned a factory in biloxi miss. and would pay billy off the payroll...smart man.

they traveled with felicia from colorado i think too.

hall used to get some good starts on basically a stock motor....so did rodney. must have been my mechanic billy....hehehe.
Is that Mark Felicia? From Colorado Springs?

Arlo Englund is another one, I think he finised 4th overall in the 500 class.
slowvet
3/16/2009 6:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2009 6:05pm
I thought Dave Coupe was a stud. On the east coast I liked Monte McCoy, Troy Bradshaw, Timmy Walker, Gary Pustalek, Ron Tichenor, Glen Taylor, Glen Wright and probably quite a few more who I thought had that something special. One other in Jason Draycott. Whatever happened to Scott Shippy? Badass mini rider, and Chris Heiser.
BobbyM
3/16/2009 6:28pm
BobbyM wrote:
eric hall was a badass. he rode the nats with rodney and i think my ex mechanic billy was his mechanic for a while. halls old...
eric hall was a badass. he rode the nats with rodney and i think my ex mechanic billy was his mechanic for a while. halls old man owned a factory in biloxi miss. and would pay billy off the payroll...smart man.

they traveled with felicia from colorado i think too.

hall used to get some good starts on basically a stock motor....so did rodney. must have been my mechanic billy....hehehe.
1911 wrote:
Is that Mark Felicia? From Colorado Springs?

Arlo Englund is another one, I think he finised 4th overall in the 500 class.
yes...
BobbyM
3/16/2009 6:29pm
john finkelday was a fucking monster...super fast and super strong

The Shop

mx295
3/16/2009 6:31pm
FlaRider
Tiki
BobbyM
SloPro
MX295
Calimxer
ninety3
3/16/2009 6:44pm
BobbyM wrote:
john finkelday was a fucking monster...super fast and super strong
John was a factory KTM rider 83-84 ish

No one mentioned Rick Melon yet, he could'a had a Factory ride if the AMA didn't ban him for all that crap that went down in Houston.
Robert
3/16/2009 6:50pm
mr50racer wrote:
He never had the chance.. Bruce Bunch No doubt he would have made it........
I know the guy who has his 80. I'll see if I can find a pic.
mx295
3/16/2009 6:54pm
mr50racer wrote:
Robert wrote:
Rick Hemme also. me and his brother John are good friends.. John has son named ricky.. hes pretty talented on a bike too
trick121
3/16/2009 6:55pm
World Supercross Champion Heath Voss.

TX920
3/16/2009 6:56pm
A local around the DFW area back around mid to late 80's... Jason Edwards. I don't know what happened to him, he may even still race around here, but I left with the family when my old man got a new job, then joined the Navy.
Ive since moved back and have not heard or seen hide nor hair of him. I just remember watching him jump a huge Double at a practice track, that I couldn't even visualize as a anything more than two singles, and he turned around and pointed at me in the air, Id never seen such bravado!
BobbyM
3/16/2009 7:00pm
mx295 wrote:
FlaRider
Tiki
BobbyM
SloPro
MX295
Calimxer
make fun beotch! Smile
BobbyM
3/16/2009 7:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2009 7:01pm
mx295 wrote:
FlaRider
Tiki
BobbyM
SloPro
MX295
Calimxer
mx295
3/16/2009 7:04pm
mx295 wrote:
FlaRider
Tiki
BobbyM
SloPro
MX295
Calimxer
BobbyM wrote:
Bob Myers?? .. damn i thought you were Bobby Moore all this time! haha.. i appologize
slowvet
3/16/2009 7:07pm
Donnie Cantaloupi, I forgot all about him. Yes Bobby you were bad to the bone also.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/16/2009 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:58pm
mr50racer wrote:
Robert wrote:
The last bike he raced, an R&D 105

redrider111
3/16/2009 7:13pm
andymoto wrote:
Mike Brandes- One of most talented never to go full factory. Scott Davis- Did lots with the little backing he had compared to most. Terry Bostard-poss...
Mike Brandes- One of most talented never to go full factory.
Scott Davis- Did lots with the little backing he had compared to most.
Terry Bostard-poss fastest mini riders in NorCal ever.
Eric McKenna
Scott Myers
Kelly Andris
Phil Crane
Dana Waxham
Don Ferraro
Randy Losh
Brian Jodry
Tyler Evans
#160(or was it #140) forgot.
Dave Coupe
Spud Walters
Slippy Brian Roth
Rodney Harriger(Tim Aston bud)
Justin Tierney(Nev rider rode NorCal lots), Evan Laughridge, Steve Mertens
BobbyM wrote:
hell...i beat all those guys...fairly easy. waxham was a badass...had a great style too. can't forget timmy aston either. bostard was fast too....forgot about him.
hell...i beat all those guys...fairly easy. Wink

waxham was a badass...had a great style too. can't forget timmy aston either.

bostard was fast too....forgot about him.
ya.. Terry Bostard teaches a local racing school at Club Moto in Livermore.
Sonny
3/16/2009 7:13pm
Sean Hackley
Billy Ainsworth
Craig Dube

I have to give you Craig Dube. He's a fast kid, but don't think he's comfortable outside of New England. Too bad, he's a nice kid too.

John Finkleday was a childhood hero of mine and unlike pros of today, he practiced in trash dumps and gravel pits rather than groomed tracks. Wasn't the best smelling place to practice, but he was the top rookie in '82. He was tough as nails.

But STS, I'm suprised that you didn't mention the most deserving New Englander in the past 20 years to get a sweet deal and never did. Tony Lorusso was a consistent top 10 , 125 rider in the late 90's and early 00's and did it with little support. The guy bled yellow and DeCoster could have brought this guy to the top. Without a doubt.
3/16/2009 7:17pm
From the Midwest ,Jim Veugeler, Billy Tuman, Junior Jackson, Tom Hofmaster
Aaron Yonely, Chad Pedersen.
slowvet
3/16/2009 7:26pm
Dont forget the Benolkins.
BobbyM
3/16/2009 7:32pm
slowvet wrote:
Donnie Cantaloupi, I forgot all about him. Yes Bobby you were bad to the bone also.
donnie was factory...so he don't count. Smile
BobbyM
3/16/2009 7:35pm
Sean Hackley
Billy Ainsworth
Craig Dube
Sonny wrote:
I have to give you [b]Craig Dube[/b]. He's a fast kid, but don't think he's comfortable outside of New England. Too bad, he's a nice kid...

I have to give you Craig Dube. He's a fast kid, but don't think he's comfortable outside of New England. Too bad, he's a nice kid too.

John Finkleday was a childhood hero of mine and unlike pros of today, he practiced in trash dumps and gravel pits rather than groomed tracks. Wasn't the best smelling place to practice, but he was the top rookie in '82. He was tough as nails.

But STS, I'm suprised that you didn't mention the most deserving New Englander in the past 20 years to get a sweet deal and never did. Tony Lorusso was a consistent top 10 , 125 rider in the late 90's and early 00's and did it with little support. The guy bled yellow and DeCoster could have brought this guy to the top. Without a doubt.
sonny...i saw finkleday smoke all comers including hannah i believe at sandhill one time.

really nice guy and super fast. a brute on a scoot.
Sonny
3/16/2009 7:47pm

Oddly enough, Finkleday has a Trash hauling business in Southern Connecticut. Can't take the dump out the boy, i guess.

If I'm not mistaken, he was a student of Jimmy Ellis..
jeffro503
3/16/2009 8:14pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:58pm
Man....i friggin love threads like this!!

Eddy....Old Doug lange started racing again after all these years in the +40 class around here.

Somebody else mentioned lance smail too.......OH man , i used to love watching that tall , lanky S.O.B. ride!

And jason McCormick and Ryan Huffman both made it pretty far....especially jason for awhile. Ryan was another " had all the skills in the world....and wouldn't train" kind of dude!

Danny Ulven....just got up and quit one day. From what i heard was , he just didn't want to race any more and went back to college. His parents we're loaded and i think he pretty much just went into some family business or something like that. 1st time i saw him ride....i was like "look at that chick ride!"....he had some really long hair and was kind of small and petite like a chick HAHA!!

Eddy....fill me in a little here. So darren Currier was pretty fast? I knew he raced a little , but i never knew he was that good.

HEY...remember ol' Rowdy Blaisdale that him and his parents owned woodland! he was our local JOJO keller! Always kind of porky , but hauled ass! I drank quite a few beers with that guy later on in life when he was just managing the woodland MX track....Rowdy is cool as hell!

P.S> DAMN BOBBY!!...i nevr put 2 and 2 together....i didn't know you we're the same Bobbby Myers from way back when! You we're a friggin baddass dude!
jeffro503
3/16/2009 8:19pm
Damn....just remembered another one......ERIC EATON! I think it was 1985 when bailey sat out the last 500cc national after Glover all ready won it...and eaton took over second in points! I think he was running national number #44.
DirtDgr
3/16/2009 8:23pm
I always thought Dale Rayzor from Norcal would be big someday after watching him rail on his 60. He flew on the little bike.
andymoto
3/16/2009 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:58pm
mx295 wrote:
FlaRider
Tiki
BobbyM
SloPro
MX295
Calimxer
BobbyM wrote:
make fun beotch! :)[img]http://bobbymx.com/MISC/sears250results.jpg[/img]
make fun beotch! Smile
Bob Myers was one heck of a racer. Thanks for all those memorable races.Smile

Alan Berluti was also pretty darn good too.
wreckitrandy
3/16/2009 9:03pm
mx295 wrote:
FlaRider
Tiki
BobbyM
SloPro
MX295
Calimxer
BobbyM wrote:
make fun beotch! :)[img]http://bobbymx.com/MISC/sears250results.jpg[/img]
make fun beotch! Smile
andymoto wrote:
Bob Myers was one heck of a racer. Thanks for all those memorable races.Alan Berluti was also pretty darn good too.
Bob Myers was one heck of a racer. Thanks for all those memorable races.Smile

Alan Berluti was also pretty darn good too.
Yeah but, BL still rides so, so what?Whistling
andymoto
3/16/2009 9:09pm
DirtDgr wrote:
I always thought Dale Rayzor from Norcal would be big someday after watching him rail on his 60. He flew on the little bike.
In the 80s, lots thought Beau Judge would be something when on his KX60; smoked everyone in sight.

Don't know what happened, but he was out of racing a longtime; came back when Davis reopened Est and rode some local expert races.

FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
3/16/2009 9:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:58pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Man....i friggin love threads like this!! Eddy....Old Doug lange started racing again after all these years in the +40 class around here. Somebody else mentioned lance...
Man....i friggin love threads like this!!

Eddy....Old Doug lange started racing again after all these years in the +40 class around here.

Somebody else mentioned lance smail too.......OH man , i used to love watching that tall , lanky S.O.B. ride!

And jason McCormick and Ryan Huffman both made it pretty far....especially jason for awhile. Ryan was another " had all the skills in the world....and wouldn't train" kind of dude!

Danny Ulven....just got up and quit one day. From what i heard was , he just didn't want to race any more and went back to college. His parents we're loaded and i think he pretty much just went into some family business or something like that. 1st time i saw him ride....i was like "look at that chick ride!"....he had some really long hair and was kind of small and petite like a chick HAHA!!

Eddy....fill me in a little here. So darren Currier was pretty fast? I knew he raced a little , but i never knew he was that good.

HEY...remember ol' Rowdy Blaisdale that him and his parents owned woodland! he was our local JOJO keller! Always kind of porky , but hauled ass! I drank quite a few beers with that guy later on in life when he was just managing the woodland MX track....Rowdy is cool as hell!

P.S> DAMN BOBBY!!...i nevr put 2 and 2 together....i didn't know you we're the same Bobbby Myers from way back when! You we're a friggin baddass dude!
From what I can remember Darren was a good rider.
I was on 50's/60's at the time and I think Darren was on big bikes back when I would see him often at PIR ,Woodland Washougal,McMinville,Mtn View ect.. But I'm pretty sure he did ok at Ponca and LL's back then and so did Doug.
The entire Currier family were super nice people , they used to own Vancouver Yamaha, in fact they sponsored me.

I also remember Danny Ulven,wasn't he from Idaho?
They use to have a 2 day race at AlbanySX called the Ulven Forging.

He are some more names I remember from up that way.
Tony Graves
Graysen Heart
Jeff Daily
Don Bisceglia
Mike Bell

Post a reply to: Area riders you thought would be factory stars.

The Latest