Are we a legitimate sport, or a motorized version of WWE?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/13/2018 10:23 PM

How do we explain this sport to outsiders or non moto people now?

|

10/13/2018 10:29 PM

Can you do a backflip?

|

10/13/2018 10:34 PM

What are you on? Team rules and team racing is nothing new and not exclusive to supercross or even motorsports.

|

10/13/2018 10:38 PM

Well it was Moto-Derby in 2017 LV SX.....

Real world: you do not stab your teammate in the back.

|

10/13/2018 10:39 PM

Dropbear wrote:

Can you do a backflip?

Can you popawheelie?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/13/2018 10:39 PM

is nfl a legitimate sport?

is cycling?

did you see Serena williams?

sir?!

|

10/13/2018 10:44 PM

I just finished watching on delay- turned it off as soon as Eli crossed the finish line, and was filled with a sense of resignation as to what this sport has become. It started feeling rigged towards the end- and the pull-over sealed it.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

10/13/2018 10:45 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

I just finished watching on delay- turned it off as soon as Eli crossed the finish line, and was filled with a sense of ...more

mass and scale ruins everything.

welcome to my existential crisis.

|

10/13/2018 10:48 PM

Looked like crap, but we're not exactly getting fake finishes regularly. Just another oddity in the record books for the hardcore fans. I could see where a new fan might say the race was staged. Definitely didn't look like you'd want a fair race to look. If I were paying out the million dollars....my eyebrows would be raised, that's for sure....

|

10/13/2018 10:49 PM

Just finished watching the event, first supercross I’ve been to over here, surprised how much of a different feel and atmosphere it has to an outdoor event.

|

10/13/2018 10:51 PM

Sadly, WWE

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

10/13/2018 10:55 PM

CR250Rider wrote:

Sadly, WWE

i hope you never turn on the mainstream news...

|

10/13/2018 10:58 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

I just finished watching on delay- turned it off as soon as Eli crossed the finish line, and was filled with a sense of ...more

milliebays wrote:

It's the sport's existential crisis. "Sorry, since the financial crisis we had to turn it into a Monster Energy Drink Infommercial," It went from an interesting event (Remember when Emig won? - that was badass) that is now a thrown race where Monster hands its star rider another million dollars, and the new dude (Savatgy) pulls over in obvious fashion, ruining any sense of suspense of drama for the event, which felt completely staged.

|

10/13/2018 11:00 PM

CR250Rider wrote:

Sadly, WWE

Somehow we ended up with their hype-man Ralphie, too. Damn shame!

|

10/13/2018 11:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2018 11:06 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

milliebays wrote:

NorCal 50+ wrote:

It's the sport's existential crisis. "Sorry, since the financial crisis we had to turn it into a Monster Energy Drink ...more

did you see tomac pass three of the hardest riders to pass in motocross on a one-lined track BEFORE he got to savage, or are you just fixated on the one point of controversy?

because there was some prettty decent racing going on.

|

10/13/2018 11:07 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

It's the sport's existential crisis. "Sorry, since the financial crisis we had to turn it into a Monster Energy Drink ...more

“Growing the sport”

|

10/13/2018 11:22 PM

milliebays wrote:

NorCal 50+ wrote:

milliebays wrote:

did you see tomac pass three of the hardest riders to pass in motocross on a one-lined track BEFORE he got to savage, or are ...more

You don't just throw the result. It's just stupid. Imagine you were gathered with a group of actual adults watching this, and they said "hey, the one Monster dude just let the other Monster dude by to win the Monstercross race."
And you'd say, "but did you see the passing?"

It's all good. I just chalked this race up to bullshit, and my opinion of Monster, Monster Energy Kaw, Savatgy (not Tomac) as my least favorite franchise/team in the sport continues.

|

10/13/2018 11:29 PM

Photo
|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

10/13/2018 11:45 PM

Wtf guys? Let’s say you and your buddy are racing the same class in some honky tonkin’ 27 round local series... your bud is racing for a championship that is the pinnacle of his miserable local hero career... let’s just say he has to make a pass on you to seal the deal and justify to his wife and kids that going in debt and being crowned fairgrounds national champion really was a priority... are you gonna gonna make it easy on him or will you make him punt you outta the way like like the kid with a unabrow did last season? Eli was coming and was gonna welcome Joey to the team one way or another

|

10/13/2018 11:48 PM

Paybacks a Bitch.... just like Musquin for pulling of the track.

|

10/13/2018 11:59 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

milliebays wrote:

NorCal 50+ wrote:

I don’t know how anyone can think this race is staged because a monster rider won the event. Just last year they had to fork out a million to a rider sponsored by probably their biggest rival Red Bull. Anyone that thinks that race was set up is just crazy. However I think we can all agree Savatgy let Tomac by.

|

10/14/2018 1:46 AM

Can you imagine Ron Lechien pulling over to let Hannah by? BWHAHAHAHA! He would have knocked him down then ran over his bike before doing that.

|

10/14/2018 1:53 AM

Only thing missing was Stone Cold Steve Austin jumping out of the stands to clothesline Savatgy off his bike at the last turn handing Tomac the win as he pounds a beer and yells CAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!"

|

10/14/2018 2:02 AM

There isn’t another team in the paddock that would have played that any different. That’s a testament to how great that team and new bike is to even be in that situation in the first place.....WWE? Really....?sideways

|

10/14/2018 2:20 AM

milliebays wrote:

did you see tomac pass three of the hardest riders to pass in motocross on a one-lined track BEFORE he got to savage, or are ...more

Was it Randy or Fred Savage?

|

10/14/2018 2:23 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

milliebays wrote:

NorCal 50+ wrote:

You don't just throw the result. It's just stupid. Imagine you were gathered with a group of actual adults watching this, and ...more

Honest question:

Why did you even watch it?

|

10/14/2018 2:24 AM

Photo
|

GP740
Since 1987

10/14/2018 3:38 AM

milliebays wrote:

. What i saw was insurance fraud.

Monster giving a Monster guy $1m is no issue, but i guarantee you , if i am a Lloyds of London name , who is on the hook, for that $1m , and the $1m that the guy in the crowd got, then i sure as hell aint paying up.

And someone somewhere , is already all over this.

Monster offers a $2m pot but insures against it being won, then two Monster athletes collude to dictate if it gets won.

Even if their was a conversation, thats fraud, the fact that Savatgy is a thick twat and made it so blatantly obvious .

The money people dont give a fuck , they will send people to jail rather than pay out , thats why they are rich. And rightly so.

|

10/14/2018 3:46 AM

olds cool wrote:

How do we explain this sport to outsiders or non moto people now?

Don't ever watch F1. Ever!

|

10/14/2018 3:47 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

milliebays wrote:

philG wrote:

. What i saw was insurance fraud.

Monster giving a Monster guy $1m is no issue, but i guarantee you , if i am a Lloyds of ...more

What's your opinion then of all the "fraud" in F1?

|