Are the Rocky Mountain KTM guys privateers??

Related:
Create New Tag

10/26/2019 6:29 AM

Sorry for my ignorance, but I was surprised to read in the introduction of the MX Nation video that Bagget and Bogle are privateers. Then in the video Blake’s wife talks about how this sport is financially demanding...
I was thinking they got a (nice) salary to ride and they were backed by the KTM factory effort.
Can someone explain me?

|

10/26/2019 6:33 AM

Can’t explain, But that episode was awesome! Loved it

|

10/26/2019 6:35 AM

Theyre full blown factory riders. That team is basically factory ktm #2.

|

10/26/2019 6:52 AM

They are not privateers at all. I worked for the Rocky Mountain team before they went and took over the bto team. Even then, with chiz and hall, it was hard to call them privateers. Anyone out of a rig is not a privateer. Minus some TPJ guys

|

10/26/2019 7:19 AM

313 SlowDown wrote:

Sorry for my ignorance, but I was surprised to read in the introduction of the MX Nation video that Bagget and Bogle are privateers. Then in the video Blake’s wife talks about how this sport is financially demanding...
I was thinking they got a (nice) salary to ride and they were backed by the KTM factory effort.
Can someone explain me?

Blake has put a shit ton of money into his compound. Guessing that’s where wifes’ comment came from.

|

10/26/2019 7:53 AM

xrmark wrote:

They are not privateers at all. I worked for the Rocky Mountain team before they went and took over the bto team. Even then, with chiz and hall, it was hard to call them privateers. Anyone out of a rig is not a privateer. Minus some TPJ guys

No one "took over" what was the BTO team.
Sponsorship just changed.

The team is the Butler Brothers MX race team, sponsored by RMATVMC, riding KTM's
It is a factory team. They're not true "privateers," they're just not an OEM "factory" team, though as stated, they're basically KTM's #2 450 team

|

10/26/2019 7:57 AM

Wives always complain

|

10/26/2019 8:04 AM

xrmark wrote:

EngIceDave wrote:

The team is the Butler Brothers MX race team, sponsored by RMATVMC, riding KTM's
It is a factory team. They're not true "privateers," they're just not an OEM "factory" team, though as stated, they're basically KTM's #2 450 team

You know the Rocky Mountain team was a separate team before they took over as title sponsor for the butler bro’s team right?

|

10/26/2019 8:15 AM

xrmark wrote:

EngIceDave wrote:

xrmark wrote:

You know the Rocky Mountain team was a separate team before they took over as title sponsor for the butler bro’s team right?

No, they just sponsored a smaller private team. Then had an opportunity to sponsor a bigger team and took it.

|

10/26/2019 8:42 AM

xrmark wrote:

They were a sponsor of another team, yes
All RM did was shift sponsorship to BBMX

|

10/26/2019 8:47 AM

They are a factory satellite team for KTM. Meaning Factory KTM gives them some support, but they are not fully supported financially by KTM.

|

10/26/2019 8:50 AM

aeffertz wrote:

They are a factory satellite team for KTM. Meaning Factory KTM gives them some support, but they are not fully supported financially by KTM.

The factory KTM team isn’t fully supported financially by KTM.

|

10/26/2019 9:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/26/2019 10:03 AM

Factory team: the OEMs main team, with unlimited access to factory parts and R&D (Red Bull KTM)

Satellite team: Privately funded team with leased factory bikes and parts. (RMATV KTM)

Support team: privately funded team that may get stock bikes for free or a big discount from the OEM. (Cycle Trader Yamaha, HEP Suzuki)

Privateer team: team that funds everything on sponsors, might get stock bike discount from a dealership sponsor. (Team Tedder? AJE? Team ML512)

Privateer: one guy driving to the races by himself and funding it by sponsors and help from friends. Freddie Noren at start of 2019, Ben Lamay, Cunningham etc etc)

|

10/26/2019 9:28 AM

I wonder if they will be the Gasgas factory team next year.

|

10/26/2019 9:37 AM

aeffertz wrote:

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

The factory KTM team isn’t fully supported financially by KTM.

You might want to explain that: the Factory KTM Team, which operates solely as an in-house “KTM North America” Team, has an outside title sponsor and several associate sponsors.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

10/26/2019 12:20 PM

kb228 wrote:

Theyre full blown factory riders. That team is basically factory ktm #2.

A minor technicality, but I would consider the white KTMs the #2 team, making these guys #3.

|

10/26/2019 2:05 PM

There isn't a clear answer to the question simply because not all the RMATV guys are on the same program. Some get paid, some pay to play (or at least has been that way in at times).

|

10/26/2019 2:14 PM

Two guys in this thready have a lot of knowledge and personal relationships with the team. I'd listen to what they're saying.

|

#SeelyNation
Twitter @JaridSavoy

10/26/2019 2:25 PM

Financially demanding? lol Have any of you ever seen the way these guys live?

|

10/26/2019 2:42 PM

tcallahan707 wrote:

There isn't a clear answer to the question simply because not all the RMATV guys are on the same program. Some get paid, some pay to play (or at least has been that way in at times).

WRONG

|

10/26/2019 3:41 PM

tcallahan707 wrote:

EngIceDave wrote:

WRONG

That was helpful.

|

10/26/2019 5:21 PM

My understanding is that they are supplied factory parts from KTM but they are not directly funded by KTM. I would guess they are technically not considered factory riders but team RM ATV/MC riders. The nice thing with them though is you can purchase a VIP experience with the RM team and ask Blake yourself and then argue with him in person if you disagree with his answer.

Btw, for anyone considering the VIP program at RM ATV/MC, it's a first rate experience and well worth the money.

|

10/26/2019 7:42 PM

KTM leases the equipment to teams and riders. RMATV Team is paying a LOT out of pocket for the works level bikes.

|

10/26/2019 8:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/26/2019 8:02 PM

Blake Baggett was rumored to have turned down a full factory ride on another team because he felt “more comfortable” on the RMATV team. I guarantee you, if he wasn’t on a full factory KTM there, he wouldn’t have stayed put.

|

10/26/2019 8:24 PM

Call me crazy, but Baggett's wife she's pretty damn rad. Lucky dude.

|

10/26/2019 8:34 PM

tcallahan707 wrote:

EngIceDave wrote:

WRONG

tcallahan707 wrote:

That was helpful.

That’s a perfectly correct statement by EI Dave; because, you are -wrong-

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

10/26/2019 8:44 PM

EngIceDave wrote:

WRONG

tcallahan707 wrote:

That was helpful.

TeamGreen wrote:

That’s a perfectly correct statement by EI Dave; because, you are -wrong-

Did I call it incorrect?

|

10/26/2019 8:45 PM

Anyone else recall Dakota Alix buying a seat on the team (or maybe it was someone else)?

|

10/27/2019 2:02 AM

Rocky Mountain KTM are like Petronas Yamaha or Tech3 KTM in MotoGP, factory bikes but not owned by the OEM, they are a winning team. I wouldn't be surprised if they become Gas Gas factory team, just like KTM did with Rockstar KTM.

|

10/27/2019 3:36 AM

313 SlowDown wrote:

Can someone explain me?

She was talking about she didn't know what they would do the day their son wants to race

|

A 350 is always the solution.
My favorite time of year is when the biblical rains come to Southern California