Are supercross monster girls next to go?

bronwynrayne
2/3/2018 11:31am
Can't wait to bring my little girl up in a world with worthy idols in motor sports.
jeffro503
2/3/2018 11:41am
Question : What form of motorsports ( or any other sport )....is it NOT ok to use models?
Uncle Tony
2/3/2018 11:50am
Can't wait to bring my little girl up in a world with worthy idols in motor sports.
Congrats to you guys!!!! I raised 3 girls mostly on my own, great when they're young but early teens watch out lol.
C.Worthy
2/3/2018 11:57am
KMC440 wrote:
Fact of the matter is this. I believe in peoples right to freedom of choice. There are some things people do that while I don't approve...
Fact of the matter is this.

I believe in peoples right to freedom of choice.
There are some things people do that while I don't approve of that choice I respect their right to pursue that individual choice.
Some of you believe your individual choice warrants that everyone conform to YOUR individual. belief.
Therefore denying myself and others of OUR individual beliefs.

Freedom is a great thing when everyone respects each others right to it.
Bingo! This can be said for many things. If only everyone understood this concept.

The Shop

jeffro503
2/3/2018 12:02pm
KMC440 wrote:
Fact of the matter is this. I believe in peoples right to freedom of choice. There are some things people do that while I don't approve...

There are some things people do that while I don't approve of that choice I respect their right to pursue that individual choice.
Some of you believe your individual choice warrants that everyone conform to YOUR individual. belief.

C.Worthy wrote:
Bingo! This can be said for many things. If only everyone understood this concept.
Yep!
JW381
2/3/2018 12:05pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
As I said earlier it's not formula 1, it was liberty media group, an American company spurred on by #metoo and #timesup movement
This is an important detail not to be overlooked. It doesn't change things, but it is important to specify this.
2/3/2018 12:06pm
KMC440 wrote:

C.Worthy wrote:
No one here is more of a personal-rights libertarian than I am, but this thread has almost nothing to do with "free choice." The only choice in question is Liberty Media's decision to stop employing grid girls (or, speculatively, Feld's right to do the same). They're private organizations, and they can do whatever they want within the law.

Your and my "beliefs" have nothing to do with this, other than we can chose whether or not to patronize the sport. (And I barely support Supercross to begin with, not because of the Monster Girls but because ... lemme think ... 'cause it sucks.)

This isn't analogous to, say, players kneeling for the National Anthem, which very much was an exercise of free choice and expression.
JW381
2/3/2018 12:21pm
KMC440 wrote:

C.Worthy wrote:
No one here is more of a personal-rights libertarian than I am, but this thread has almost nothing to do with "free choice." The only choice...
No one here is more of a personal-rights libertarian than I am, but this thread has almost nothing to do with "free choice." The only choice in question is Liberty Media's decision to stop employing grid girls (or, speculatively, Feld's right to do the same). They're private organizations, and they can do whatever they want within the law.

Your and my "beliefs" have nothing to do with this, other than we can chose whether or not to patronize the sport. (And I barely support Supercross to begin with, not because of the Monster Girls but because ... lemme think ... 'cause it sucks.)

This isn't analogous to, say, players kneeling for the National Anthem, which very much was an exercise of free choice and expression.
Bingo bango bongo
Uncle Tony
2/3/2018 12:26pm
JW381 wrote:
This is an important detail not to be overlooked. It doesn't change things, but it is important to specify this.
True JW, that's why I think it will make its way into all forms of sports not just motor racing, anyone who raced must've had visions of kissing a beautiful trophy girl, I know I did, ( sadly never happened) well it's gone in F1
I don't agree with it, but there really is nothing we can do about it, that's the climate we live in these days, I understand jeffros frustrations, Im gonna assume he's a 50 plus guy, our generation was so much different, we came of age in the 1970's, america was a free country back then
JW381
2/3/2018 12:29pm
JW381 wrote:
Uncle Tony wrote:
True JW, that's why I think it will make its way into all forms of sports not just motor racing, anyone who raced must've had visions...
True JW, that's why I think it will make its way into all forms of sports not just motor racing, anyone who raced must've had visions of kissing a beautiful trophy girl, I know I did, ( sadly never happened) well it's gone in F1
I don't agree with it, but there really is nothing we can do about it, that's the climate we live in these days, I understand jeffros frustrations, Im gonna assume he's a 50 plus guy, our generation was so much different, we came of age in the 1970's, america was a free country back then
For sure, I just couldn't disagree more that this is evidence that we aren't a free country compared to yester-year. You can still win a race and kiss a beautiful girl. It just won't be officially sanctioned by F1/SX.
WhiteTaco
2/3/2018 12:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2018 12:33pm
KMC440 wrote:

C.Worthy wrote:
No one here is more of a personal-rights libertarian than I am, but this thread has almost nothing to do with "free choice." The only choice...

I think in this case what he means is Liberty Media is making this move to preemptively avoid having lawsuits and negative social media campaigns by those who wish to push THEIR beliefs upon everyone else.

So if everyone didn’t push their beliefs on others, this decision may have not been made.

JW381
2/3/2018 12:32pm
JW381 wrote:
Uncle Tony wrote:
True JW, that's why I think it will make its way into all forms of sports not just motor racing, anyone who raced must've had visions...
For sure, I just couldn't disagree more that this is evidence that we aren't a free country compared to yester-year. You can still win a race and kiss a beautiful girl. It just won't be officially sanctioned by F1/SX.
Shawn142
2/3/2018 12:35pm
So... serious question here.. do any of you goons who are so horribly upset by this move even watch F1? If you actually did, will this keep you from watching it?
JW381
2/3/2018 12:35pm
JW381 wrote:
Uncle Tony wrote:
Uncle Tony
2/3/2018 12:39pm
JW381 wrote:
For sure, I just couldn't disagree more that this is evidence that we aren't a free country compared to yester-year. You can still win a race...
JW there's a YouTube channel called fredflix, check it out when you get a chance, you'll see how different it was back then
2/3/2018 12:40pm
WhiteTaco wrote:
I think in this case what he means is Liberty Media is making this move to preemptively avoid having lawsuits and negative social media campaigns by...
I think in this case what he means is Liberty Media is making this move to preemptively avoid having lawsuits and negative social media campaigns by those who wish to push THEIR beliefs upon everyone else.

So if everyone didn’t push their beliefs on others, this decision may have not been made.

No one's gonna sue Liberty Media, not simply for having grid girls. That doesn't violate any civil or criminal laws. I don't know -- and have never known -- how the women are treated on an individual level, but that's another matter entirely.

It's true that, in the current climate, Liberty may not want the adverse publicity or the distraction that grid girls may attract, but, again, they're running an international business and it's entirely up to them. It's their choice, and that choice trumps everyone else's.
JW381
2/3/2018 1:24pm
JW381 wrote:
For sure, I just couldn't disagree more that this is evidence that we aren't a free country compared to yester-year. You can still win a race...
Uncle Tony wrote:
JW there's a YouTube channel called fredflix, check it out when you get a chance, you'll see how different it was back then
I hear ya. I wish things were different too, I watch older movies and get a bit of envy for the laid back vibe. But I think men who act inappropriately are as much to blame as "fat chicks" who challenge the status quo. It's complicated.
WhiteTaco
2/3/2018 1:55pm
One thing I like about this thread is it shows heavy handed moderating isn’t always necessary. It went off the rails for a bit but cooler heads prevailed and it seems a rational discussion can be had. Well done.
Uncle Tony
2/3/2018 1:58pm
I'm sure when guyB gets back from Oakland it's gone
JW381
2/3/2018 2:00pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
IF he gets back from Oakland.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
2/3/2018 2:01pm
I can’t believe nobody has mentioned the best reason to keep the Monster girls around....so we get to see Mrs Louch n the pits. The lady that puts all her girls to shame
KMC440
2/3/2018 2:02pm
Shawn142 wrote:
So... serious question here.. do any of you goons who are so horribly upset by this move even watch F1? If you actually did, will this...
So... serious question here.. do any of you goons who are so horribly upset by this move even watch F1? If you actually did, will this keep you from watching it?
Yes Shawn I do.
I actually do enjoy the grid girls as well.
Though I wish they'd start all the races at 7am CDT regardless of where in the world the race is. Is this too much to ask? Cool
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
2/3/2018 2:02pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
JW381 wrote:
IF he gets back from Oakland.
Haha....he better have a good grip on those cameras when he’s walking back to the car
Asimo
2/3/2018 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2018 2:18pm
benstone wrote:
Every once in awhile I forget that a sizable chunk of the fan base for MX/SX are knuckle-dragging, retro-minded, sexist dolts. Then a thread like this...
Every once in awhile I forget that a sizable chunk of the fan base for MX/SX are knuckle-dragging, retro-minded, sexist dolts. Then a thread like this comes along.

It's interesting to me to see the sport sit where it's at because of the interplay between these "pussy and racing!!!" fans, and another group of fans who want to take the sport to the next level. The Tits-and-Ass nature of the sport will always make SX/MX look and feel like WWE and Monster Trucks and non-serious pseudo-sports. The tits don't need to go away completely, but if the sport is going to get to the next level, it needs to put the tits in the background like they do in the NFL.

Think about the millenials you know and what they like and don't like. Those people and the generation behind them are the future of the sport. How many cleavage shots to you see at the X-Games? Do you see any Tits-and-Ass entertainment options aimed at these kids?
Exactly. Some are even going so far as to say “what about the models and their jobs? They’re unemployed now!” Like, dude, do you not understand...
Exactly. Some are even going so far as to say “what about the models and their jobs? They’re unemployed now!” Like, dude, do you not understand that cleaning up the sport’s image to be a bit more professional will bring more sponsors, which equals more money, which equals more industry jobs? I don’t understand how people can look past these obvious benefits. Models can always find other modeling jobs in other industries, that argument holds no weight.
False. When F1 teams were at their highest budgets of almost a billion per year, not only were there Native Grid Girls in each country, some TEAMS had 20-30 Girls also!

So many Ferrari Girls my eyes go blurry.

SCR
2/3/2018 2:10pm
It seems most in F1 are also very concered about changes Liberty Media is making including axing the grid girls. The fans, the owners, drivers, etc.
Nike Lauda, Ferrari, Mercedes, want to keep tradition including the girls. Sounds like most of the people and fans that make F1 happen are on the same page as the rest of us knuckle dragging pigs.
They got rid of the girls but hey I guess they spent millions to hire Michael Buffer to go " let's get ready to rumble " Yep that should propel F1 into the future.
Oh, and I guess the new owners had the biggest revenue loss in a decade their first year. There is always more to the articles on line but it sounds like there is good reason to be concerned about the changes being made.
2/3/2018 2:21pm
To answer what can be done, that's a difficult one.

Looking at this from the larger picture (rather than just one issue e.g the F1 grid girls etc), of course you can vote a certain way but it's increasingly difficult to find a mainstream politician that hasn't signed up to the SJW ideology, at least in the UK. In fact the Labour party here (one of the two biggest parties) has almost completely been taken over internally by a Neo-Marxists organisation; Momentum.

It's easy to mock but social media is probably our only real leverage, and on that front I don't believe we're losing the battle for young people overall. The likes of Pewdiepie definitely isn't on board with the feminazis and he has 60 million subs... Gamergate was also a big rejection. Most women in general reject it too, with only very low numbers willing to describe themselves as feminist in the UK - 9% of women and 4% of men.

We need more people in positions of power, particularly women like this below, to speak up on social media and (if possible) TV news outlets, discussions etc. This is where the death blow can be delivered most devastatingly.

Asimo
2/3/2018 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2018 2:28pm
SCR wrote:
It seems most in F1 are also very concered about changes Liberty Media is making including axing the grid girls. The fans, the owners, drivers, etc...
It seems most in F1 are also very concered about changes Liberty Media is making including axing the grid girls. The fans, the owners, drivers, etc.
Nike Lauda, Ferrari, Mercedes, want to keep tradition including the girls. Sounds like most of the people and fans that make F1 happen are on the same page as the rest of us knuckle dragging pigs.
They got rid of the girls but hey I guess they spent millions to hire Michael Buffer to go " let's get ready to rumble " Yep that should propel F1 into the future.
Oh, and I guess the new owners had the biggest revenue loss in a decade their first year. There is always more to the articles on line but it sounds like there is good reason to be concerned about the changes being made.
I remember when they Banned Cigarette Advertising. Didn't stop Ferrari or Benson and Hedges.

bronwynrayne
2/3/2018 5:04pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Congrats to you guys!!!! I raised 3 girls mostly on my own, great when they're young but early teens watch out lol.
Oh no, not yet!! Soon haha. I was a teenage girl, they're mean! But thanks for the early congrats. Wink
Uncle Tony
2/3/2018 5:13pm
Oh no, not yet!! Soon haha. I was a teenage girl, they're mean! But thanks for the early congrats. Wink
Oh lol, miss read your post, thought you had a bun in the oven, I’m a doosh

Post a reply to: Are supercross monster girls next to go?

The Latest