Are coolers allowed at Thunder Valley?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2018 7:37 AM

I’ve found threads from previous years that indicate that coolers are allowed, but when my wife messaged the facility on Facebook they said NO.

All I can find on their website is “no glass”. Will we be denied access for having a cooler with cans or plastic bottles and snacks?

I seem to remember people having coolers last year but I’m not positive.

Much ty

|

5/30/2018 8:11 AM

I know this doesn't answer your question, but they were allowed at Glen Helen last week. I wish I would have known that BEFORE I got there. Generally spending $40 on beer in a day for just yourself means you drank a bunch. ...not so much at $10 a beer.

|

5/30/2018 8:20 AM

Yes, I have been bringing them in every year since 2004. Never have had a problem.

|

5/30/2018 10:44 AM

If you were there in 2004 you were drinking all by yourself!

|

5/30/2018 11:42 AM

andy wrote:

laughing
|

5/30/2018 11:57 AM

Don't forget to drink local!!!

Photo

|

5/30/2018 3:44 PM

hobohands91 wrote:

I’ve found threads from previous years that indicate that coolers are allowed, but when my wife messaged the facility on Facebook they said NO.

All I can find on their website is “no glass”. Will we be denied access for having a cooler with cans or plastic bottles and snacks?

Much ty

I’ve always been able to bring a cooler in but recently they have started searching it. Not sure what they are looking for but....

|

5/30/2018 4:13 PM

andy wrote:

Sorry 2006, moved here in 2004

|

5/30/2018 4:16 PM

I cant speak for last year, and I can only speak from my experience, but the past 4 years before that Ive seen people rolling those bad boys in there with no problem. What we usually do is just put ice in ziplock bags and throw them and beers/whatever you drink in a backpack and waltz in. I cant imagine dragging a cooler around would be very fun there... when you walk in the fan entrance its a nice hill to walk up.

P.S. When youre leaving... watch for people hitting dirt going down the same hill! Can get sketchy.

Have fun out there.

|

5/30/2018 4:21 PM

disbanded wrote:

Don't forget to drink local!!!

Photo

Good stuff. Hope that start selling it everywhere.

|

5/30/2018 5:09 PM

MotoCoUSA wrote:

I cant speak for last year, and I can only speak from my experience, but the past 4 years before that Ive seen people rolling those bad boys in there with no problem. What we usually do is just put ice in ziplock bags and throw them and beers/whatever you drink in a backpack and waltz in. I cant imagine dragging a cooler around would be very fun there... when you walk in the fan entrance its a nice hill to walk up.

P.S. When youre leaving... watch for people hitting dirt going down the same hill! Can get sketchy.

Have fun out there.

Exactly. Everything there is uphill...and loose rocky stuff. I've seen lots of coolers and people struggling to get them around. This is the one track I wouldn't suggest drinking adult beverages. This altitude, total lack of shade, freaking intense sun and constant Billy goat climbing make for a miserable drunk. I back pack as much water as I can handle. Zip lock bags of ice work for an hour or so. Don't think for a minute there will be accessible water from vendors. They have run out every year I've gone. If you are young and don't have kids you might stash some in your vehicle but it's quite a slog. Having said this....there have been years where it has been cooler and even rained a little. Honestly, I go to Indiana now mostly for the shade...I'm a snowflake, I guess.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

5/31/2018 5:21 PM

hobohands91 wrote:

Much ty

Vonripper450 wrote:

I’ve always been able to bring a cooler in but recently they have started searching it. Not sure what they are looking for but....

Laser pointers ?

|

5/31/2018 6:04 PM

Dunno about everyone else but I don't mess with coolers. I load frozen water bottles into a little backpack, wear my hiking boots, and have a great time hiking up and down the hills. I look at it as training for elk season except a lot noisier and with the smell of race gas instead of cow elk estrus.

I'll be there in a straw cowboy hat and a blue long sleeved shirt. I'm short, stocky, and old. We'll be wandering the pits in the morning. Say, "Hey", if you see me. If it's not me, you might get beaten up by some dude who thinks you're trying to put a move on him. So, be careful, maybe.

Braaapp....

|

2019 KTM 150 SX
2019 Husqvarna TX300
2015 Yamaha YZ 250

5/31/2018 6:10 PM

HighPlainsSquid wrote:

Dunno about everyone else but I don't mess with coolers. I load frozen water bottles into a little backpack, wear my hiking boots, and have a great time hiking up and down the hills. I look at it as training for elk season except a lot noisier and with the smell of race gas instead of cow elk estrus.

I'll be there in a straw cowboy hat and a blue long sleeved shirt. I'm short, stocky, and old. We'll be wandering the pits in the morning. Say, "Hey", if you see me. If it's not me, you might get beaten up by some dude who thinks you're trying to put a move on him. So, be careful, maybe.

Braaapp....

So that narrows down half the crowd....can you be more specific?w00t

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

5/31/2018 8:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2018 8:41 PM

HighPlainsSquid wrote:

Braaapp....

plowboy wrote:

So that narrows down half the crowd....can you be more specific?w00t

There's a picture of me on the left there. Should help a bit.

|

2019 KTM 150 SX
2019 Husqvarna TX300
2015 Yamaha YZ 250

6/1/2018 7:36 AM

hobohands91 wrote:

Much ty

Vonripper450 wrote:

stillwelding wrote:

Laser pointers ?

Ha, I see what you did there!w00t

|