Are Sidi crossfire 2's the most expensive boots to own in the history of motocross?

10/27/2016 10:26am
I'm not completely in love with these boots. Don't get me wrong, they're probably really good, but I tried SG12s and the feeling they gave me was far more authentic. Due to the whole leather boot with plastic around it thing you don't have a lot of feeling. And with the SRS version I've got, the sole is pretty thick as well.
In europe they're cheaper than T10s and SG12s, even when buying it. For the durability part, I cannot complain. Rode one set last year with approximately 80 hours on it and this year again 90-100. Sole could do another year (Stock pegs, sharpened) but you can see that they're used.
Spooner
10/27/2016 11:08am
mingham97 wrote:
I can't see the money in them. Apart from the hinge system, I feel like the A-Star tech 7 is a far superior boot. And for...
I can't see the money in them. Apart from the hinge system, I feel like the A-Star tech 7 is a far superior boot. And for once can we ignore the price tag and take the boots for what they are. Tech 7's are Alpinestars flag ship boot over tech 10's any day..
Same here. I actually tried on a set of Crossfire 2's last week at a shop because I keep hearing about them but man I wasn't impressed with the fit at all. Not comfortable to me at all and I didn't like how stiff the toes were near the shifter pad. It seems like it's all one density rather than getting softer as you move in on the boot like Astars uses. My tech 7's feel like tennis shoes in comparison and I'd bet the feel with the shifter is a lot better too. I had about 80 hours on my last pair of 7's and the soles had barely any wear and I don't use stock pegs but also not using something like raptors either. I guess for essentially double the price I expected more.
IceMan446
10/27/2016 4:40pm
Isnt there an enduro sole you can get that is made of a harder material?

Thought I read that some where.
K-dubbb
10/27/2016 4:49pm
Mr. Info wrote:
My Jett soles have lasted over a year so far. Most comfortable boot ever.
Have the Jett's too, love them Tongue

The Shop

RPM68
10/27/2016 5:18pm
Mr. Info wrote:
My Jett soles have lasted over a year so far. Most comfortable boot ever.
K-dubbb wrote:
Have the Jett's too, love them Tongue
I wasn't a fan, they aren't bad, but I didn't like how my feet sucked into the heel on the pegs. It was weird for me.
mx836
10/27/2016 6:35pm
The soles on my tech 10s last about 12-15 hours. Some guys are just harder on soles than others.
c0ncEpT
10/27/2016 7:44pm
I don't know how anyone could say they actually like Tech 7's. I have a pair that have at best 10 hours on them and they just sit in the garage covered in dust. Worst boot I've ever owned.
Spooner
10/27/2016 7:53pm
c0ncEpT wrote:
I don't know how anyone could say they actually like Tech 7's. I have a pair that have at best 10 hours on them and they...
I don't know how anyone could say they actually like Tech 7's. I have a pair that have at best 10 hours on them and they just sit in the garage covered in dust. Worst boot I've ever owned.
Are they the new generation ones that came out a couple years ago? The old ones were nothing special, the new ones are fantastic IMO.
mingham97
10/27/2016 8:02pm
mingham97 wrote:
I can't see the money in them. Apart from the hinge system, I feel like the A-Star tech 7 is a far superior boot. And for...
I can't see the money in them. Apart from the hinge system, I feel like the A-Star tech 7 is a far superior boot. And for once can we ignore the price tag and take the boots for what they are. Tech 7's are Alpinestars flag ship boot over tech 10's any day..
Spooner wrote:
Same here. I actually tried on a set of Crossfire 2's last week at a shop because I keep hearing about them but man I wasn't...
Same here. I actually tried on a set of Crossfire 2's last week at a shop because I keep hearing about them but man I wasn't impressed with the fit at all. Not comfortable to me at all and I didn't like how stiff the toes were near the shifter pad. It seems like it's all one density rather than getting softer as you move in on the boot like Astars uses. My tech 7's feel like tennis shoes in comparison and I'd bet the feel with the shifter is a lot better too. I had about 80 hours on my last pair of 7's and the soles had barely any wear and I don't use stock pegs but also not using something like raptors either. I guess for essentially double the price I expected more.
Yeah can 100% agree that tech 7's are the best. They are on the heavier side but they're still an excellent boot. I'm not too hard on my gear either so swapping stuff out doens't really bother me. I would need a whole new boot before I would have to replace soles.
MotoX85
10/27/2016 8:45pm
MotoX85 wrote:
We are Sidi fanatics, best boots on the market by far. No break in, fit is second to none. But whatever you do, do not buy...
We are Sidi fanatics, best boots on the market by far. No break in, fit is second to none.

But whatever you do, do not buy the SRS version. Buy the TA, soles last year's. The SR have to be replaced bi monthly and you almost always have to buy a crew kit ( very expensive) each time you do it.

I finally just ordered 3 soles and 3 screw kits just so I didn't have to mess with it for 6 months.

Best boots, by far. Stay away from Sole Replacment System. Very far away
user760a wrote:
Exactly. Great boots, but the soles are too thin, too soft, and the screw heads wear down to nothing too. I just ordered two sole kits...
Exactly. Great boots, but the soles are too thin, too soft, and the screw heads wear down to nothing too. I just ordered two sole kits, thinking I would be good for a while. I forgot to get more screws! arrrgh!

by the way, I will say again, I run stock, dull pegs. Not boot shredding aftermarket idiot pegs. I thought about running the enduro sole on my crossfire 2's but heard that it can catch on the footpeg even more than the standard moto sold. Anyone who has worn the standard moto sole down knows that the screws start to occasionally catch on your footpegs and eventually get ripped out by the pegs, you find that they are missing after a ride.

I love these boots, I guess I would love them more if the replacement soles and screws were $15 instead of $60 every few months
Same with us, exactly the same. We are also running stock pegs
mingham97
10/28/2016 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 10/28/2016 7:08pm
mingham97 wrote:
Spooner wrote:
Same here. I actually tried on a set of Crossfire 2's last week at a shop because I keep hearing about them but man I wasn't...
mingham97 wrote:
Yeah can 100% agree that tech 7's are the best. They are on the heavier side but they're still an excellent boot. I'm not too hard...
Yeah can 100% agree that tech 7's are the best. They are on the heavier side but they're still an excellent boot. I'm not too hard on my gear either so swapping stuff out doens't really bother me. I would need a whole new boot before I would have to replace soles.
Ok so I'm gonna do a back flip and say that I pulled the pin on some crossfire 3s today. The rep can do them cheap for me on a staff discount. Will hopefully see them in a couple of months. I like the idea of the replacement of the soles and other bits and pieces
The new boot has 4 screws, more ventilation and a few other bits and pieces. Will know more Monday!
mingham97
10/28/2016 10:29pm
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/products/sidi-crossfire-3-srs-boots-set…

As if I would turn these down.
The idea is to go a black pair and just replace bits and pieces. Huge outright cost, but should work out cheaper in the long run.

The other choice that the rep put forward were these, however, SIDI has always been the better brand so they might be worth the extra cash
http://www.tcxboots.com/eng/prodotti-dettaglio.php?categoria=5

Post a reply to: Are Sidi crossfire 2's the most expensive boots to own in the history of motocross?

The Latest