Are Privateers Sandbaggers?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/1/2015 6:28 AM

Take a minute to read my opinion on privateers racing local races. Please click on the link.

http://www.kcmx.net/2015/10/sandbaggers.html

Thanks for the continued support Vital members.

|

-Kyle Pesci
@killercustomz www.KCMX.net
#cheerprivateer

10/1/2015 7:04 AM

The better question is when factory riders show up to local races are they sandbagging?

|

10/1/2015 7:14 AM

Gringoe wrote:

The better question is when factory riders show up to local races are they sandbagging?

I don't think so. For one it'd be an honor to line up next to Chad Reed or any guy of his ability. To be on the same gate, the same results sheet. Not many guys can say that. These guys have to practice race situations and gate drops in real life scenarios somehow. If they are racing A level classes or pro classes, game on.

|

-Kyle Pesci
#cheerprivateer

10/1/2015 7:30 AM

If its ok for someone to turn up to a local event that is getting paid to race, how can it be wrong for a guy to turn up at a local race that has to race out of his own pocket?

|

10/1/2015 7:32 AM

If I were a pro looking to make a buck, why not go for the low hanging fruit? If they are racing the fastest class and manage to take home some purse money, good for them! It's business to them. Plus, the promoters love having bigger name riders show up, makes their event seem more important and draws more racers and fans. So some local guys miss out on some purse money every now and then, that's racing.

|

Follow or donate to my girlfriend's spinal cord injury recovery efforts at Yvonne's Path Through Paralysis

10/1/2015 7:34 AM

Heck no! Its awesome when the pros, factory or privateers show up to any local race! Sure it may take a few bucks from the current local guys cleaning up the series but it also shows them the speed at the national level and hopefully they take the time to learn from it.

Also it brings in more publicity and intrigue to local races hopefully bringing in a slightly bigger crowd. If that makes just one more fan of motocross then its a win in my book.

The weekend before the MXdN JMart showed up to a local D23 race at Berm Benders Raceway and obviously cleaned up. It was absolutely loved by all, the fans were unreal excited to see the champ run a track so many of them have road before and all the local racers got to watch his lines, starts and so much more to learn from. It was pretty cool to see such an unreal talent come back to the races where he started out.

|

10/1/2015 7:44 AM

back when sleeter ripped he would come out to elsinore and race super saturday mx on the gfi track when the saturday series was pretty known. the alessis came out once and justin keeney was always there. Those dudes had some unreal lines and just whooped up on everyone. It was fun to watch no one complained at all.

|

10/1/2015 7:51 AM

If you're racng for money local or the national it's a pro race amateurs get trophy's Pro's get money any A rider can try to get his pro license

|

10/1/2015 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2015 7:53 AM

I always wondered why privateers didn't just travel the countries local huge purse races. They'd make more money. But it's not about the money for the privateer, obviously. Sandbagging local races? You're high.

|

GP740
Since 1987

10/1/2015 7:56 AM

Am I sandbagging this forum? I could easily keep up with a more intelligent crowd.

|

It's rude to talk about religion. You never know who you're gonna offend

10/1/2015 7:59 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

I always wondered why privateers didn't just travel the countries local huge purse races. They'd make more money. But it's not about the money for the privateer, obviously. Sandbagging local races? You're high.

You obviously didn't read the article.

|

-Kyle Pesci
#cheerprivateer

10/1/2015 8:19 AM

Bottom line....if the class pays money it's a pro class. Not local pro or national pro. Just pro. Sack up and twist it if you want the coin.

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

10/1/2015 8:32 AM

I love when pro riders or top amateur racers show up at the track,when you see Ronnie Stewart,brett cue,Himmy Albertson,or Austin forkner show up and shred,it is always a neat experience.

|

10/1/2015 8:41 AM

sandbagging the fastest class ..... I got nuthin. Fastest guys wins, seems simple enough. Good for those guys why not. Nice article cool

|

10/1/2015 8:57 AM

I've always loved racing against the pro guys when they showed up. Yeah, less money for me, but how many of us do this to get rich? Being able to say that I've raced with some of the best guys there is anywhere is worth more than the few extra bucks.

|

10/1/2015 9:20 AM

in every class there will always be a disparity in speed from 1st to last. thats why you race to see who is "fastest" classes are meant to lump people in with those with RELATIVELY similiar skills.

when your at the top level the amount of people of the same skill gets pretty narrow. If you look at lap times for pro's 1st place guy could set a lap 10-15secs a lap faster than a guy in 35th.

Sandbagging in the pro's is an oxymoron.

"Hi welcome to the PROS, where THE FASTEST race. O WAIT, sorry sir, your too fast to race here"

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

10/1/2015 9:37 AM

Maybe they need a pro Pro class for the pro-ier pros

|

10/1/2015 9:44 AM

I think the more people see how mindblowingly fast the guys are who barely make the show, the BETTER!

And in the case of most of these guys who are paying their own way, they have to finance the professional campaign somehow.

I think it's a good thing.

I think if factory guys wanted to race local that would be cool too, but they should probably donate whatever they win to a charity.

|

10/1/2015 10:44 AM

MY favorite race I've ever done was with Lance Vincent and Vann Martin. Those guys are so talented I caught myself saying "Holy Shit! That was gnarly" while riding behind them. Lance passed me after I grabbed the holeshot in a place I had never seen a pass done. My fault for not taking the inside!

I think its killer for these kind of riders to show up and at least give us "A" riders (Pro and A are a huge difference) an idea of how badly we would get smoked at the nationals.

|

youtube.com/iridea250fyamaha

10/1/2015 11:34 AM

If I were a privateer...I'd do what the Rodeo Cowboys do, and find a money paying event every day if I could, but certainly I'd find a race every Saturday and Sunday that would put some money in my pocket. I wouldn't simply wait on the nationals and supercross.

|

10/1/2015 11:48 AM

Great read. I remember as a kid watching guys like Ty Davis, Barry Carsten and Dag Boyesen come down and race the PA state championship at Hurricane hills and battle it out moto after moto. I got to meet those guys and know some of Dag's family and those are great memories!!. Anyone crying about Pros sandbagging is just sore from getting smoked!

|

10/1/2015 12:07 PM

Most privateers are better off racing local races. The people who bitch about them in their class need to ride for trophies in the B class. A pro money class is just that, race for money so you better be fast enough.

|

Ed Johnson

10/1/2015 12:22 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

Most privateers are better off racing local races. The people who bitch about them in their class need to ride for trophies in the B class. A pro money class is just that, race for money so you better be fast enough.

Thanks for the read. I really appreciate all the support from Vital members. No BO voter either! I work for an industry small family owned dealership. Having a job is important to me, not getting a free phone! lol

THANK YOU AGAIN.

|

-Kyle Pesci
#cheerprivateer

10/1/2015 12:28 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Killer Customz wrote:

You obviously didn't read the article.

Wasn't directed at you. Was directed at those who think pros are sandbagging. Good article Kyle.

|

GP740
Since 1987

10/1/2015 12:31 PM

So if you're pro and you sign up for a "Pro" class how the F is that sandbagging ? F all the guys who are butt hurt cause privateer Johnny or Mike Alessi shows up. Instead of spending time complaining, use that time to improve your skills.

|

10/1/2015 12:33 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

Killer Customz wrote:

Thanks for the read. I really appreciate all the support from Vital members. No BO voter either! I work for an industry small family owned dealership. Having a job is important to me, not getting a free phone! lol

THANK YOU AGAIN.

The Greely SX promoters would pay some factory riders and top privateers to come out and race a SX every year and you should have heard some of the locals whine and cry. I agree that a money race is a money race and the fast will survive. I meant to have the wink avatar with the Obama comment because you are clearly not a liberal, but I guess someone is uptight today and posts are getting deleted right and left. laughing But I agree with your opinion 100%

|

Ed Johnson

10/1/2015 1:10 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

Killer Customz wrote:

THANK YOU AGAIN.

lostboy819 wrote:

The Greely SX promoters would pay some factory riders and top privateers to come out and race a SX every year and you should have heard some of the locals whine and cry. I agree that a money race is a money race and the fast will survive. I meant to have the wink avatar with the Obama comment because you are clearly not a liberal, but I guess someone is uptight today and posts are getting deleted right and left. laughing But I agree with your opinion 100%

LOL. Thank you sir. The cream always rises to the top.

|

-Kyle Pesci
#cheerprivateer

10/2/2015 6:26 AM

harescrambled wrote:

Bottom line....if the class pays money it's a pro class. Not local pro or national pro. Just pro. Sack up and twist it if you want the coin.

wrong.

you would need to qualify for a professional event, sx, motocross, etc to be considered PRO...

Locals races, well i am sorry to burst your bubble but those are considered EXPERT events

|

10/2/2015 7:09 AM

Gringoe wrote:

Killer Customz wrote:

I don't think so. For one it'd be an honor to line up next to Chad Reed or any guy of his ability. To be on the same gate, the same results sheet. Not many guys can say that. These guys have to practice race situations and gate drops in real life scenarios somehow. If they are racing A level classes or pro classes, game on.

It would be an honor to do their laundry after the moto too wink

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....