Are KTMs super unreliable?

1/12/2019 9:38am
Some people are stuck in the past...the 2t vs 4t argument being another classic example.
jeffro503
1/12/2019 9:51am
Some people are stuck in the past...the 2t vs 4t argument being another classic example.
It boils down to what each individual wants when he rides. Riding styles differ , competitive nature differ's , what puts a bigger smile on your face can differ. For me ( right now ) , my 2 strokes are superior for me , because I ride them better and I have way more fun. Some people can't stand 2 strokes , and that's fine.....because some people can't stand 4 strokes either. The great thing about this life is , we get to choose what we go tear the dirt up with. You choose your specific weapon of choice , and don't ever use it as an excuse for not having fun.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
1/12/2019 10:10am
jeffro503 wrote:
It boils down to what each individual wants when he rides. Riding styles differ , competitive nature differ's , what puts a bigger smile on your...
It boils down to what each individual wants when he rides. Riding styles differ , competitive nature differ's , what puts a bigger smile on your face can differ. For me ( right now ) , my 2 strokes are superior for me , because I ride them better and I have way more fun. Some people can't stand 2 strokes , and that's fine.....because some people can't stand 4 strokes either. The great thing about this life is , we get to choose what we go tear the dirt up with. You choose your specific weapon of choice , and don't ever use it as an excuse for not having fun.
Yep. I have 800cc of smokers in the garage, 2 stroke riding comes natural for me but I spent last fall on a 450 and love it. "don't ever use it as an excuse for not having fun" You got that right Jeff .... I mean at the end of the day its dirt bikes and ripping around doing the best you can do on race day, being with friends/family and just being outside living life.

Ride on

BR8ES
1/12/2019 10:16am
Solidkm wrote:
I would prob try Yamaha if it went on a diet. I really like my friends 19 250f. Idk if I want a 450 tho, the...
I would prob try Yamaha if it went on a diet. I really like my friends 19 250f. Idk if I want a 450 tho, the 350 works well for me
BR8ES wrote:
the 350 has always been interesting to me, especially if I was to get another 4 stroke.
Solidkm wrote:
I live 20 minutes from you, come ride mine. I love how people criticize he 350 as having no power. I don’t understand what people want...
I live 20 minutes from you, come ride mine.

I love how people criticize he 350 as having no power. I don’t understand what people want. I ride a 250f For hare scrambles, I don’t think any more power is going to help me whatsoever. The 350, even at 5000 feet, is still more than enough to get me in trouble. And I know I’m leaving 1000-2000 RPMs on the table
Thanks! I will take you up on that. I think most people just like to regurgitate what others say then it somehow becomes their own version of reality.

The Shop

Solidkm
1/12/2019 10:17am
jeffro503 wrote:
It boils down to what each individual wants when he rides. Riding styles differ , competitive nature differ's , what puts a bigger smile on your...
Loved my 250 2t. Maybe I didn’t give it enough time, but I ride a 250f better, that’s for sure. Sometimes I think a 150 might be cool to try
BR8ES
1/12/2019 10:46am
jeffro503 wrote:
Solidkm wrote:
Loved my 250 2t. Maybe I didn’t give it enough time, but I ride a 250f better, that’s for sure. Sometimes I think a 150 might...
Loved my 250 2t. Maybe I didn’t give it enough time, but I ride a 250f better, that’s for sure. Sometimes I think a 150 might be cool to try
Try my 125, pretty good and loads of fun.
Solidkm
1/12/2019 12:56pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Solidkm wrote:
Loved my 250 2t. Maybe I didn’t give it enough time, but I ride a 250f better, that’s for sure. Sometimes I think a 150 might...
BR8ES wrote:
Where do you go riding at?
Pirate421
1/12/2019 1:54pm
I’ve said it before but I believe the other manufacturers are really leaving a lot on the table by not making a 350 and I’d love to see the other 4 give it a shot. I get not liking Ktm but that engine size is perfect for the majority of riders.
BR8ES
1/12/2019 3:24pm
Solidkm wrote:
BR8ES wrote:
Solidkm wrote:
Where do you go riding at?
IMi, TV, JEWELL
UPSman334
1/12/2019 3:59pm
I don’t care who you care. if you change the oil every 20 hours and the air filter once a year. your gonna have problems with any bike.

Post a reply to: Are KTMs super unreliable?

The Latest