Approach to the Championship

BS12
We are all aware of the situation, its been beat to death in other topics. So without flogging the horse too hard...

How do we think its going to affect the riders' approach to the racing, if at all? Are we going to see balls to the wall desperation to make every point count, with the scarily possible postponing/cancellation of further rounds? Or have we already seen that all year?

I hate to dramatize and fear monger, however we've seen the difference a few days can make. If this shit continues on its path... who knows?

As its stands, Roczen is 3 points back from holding the red plate so its essentially a 2 horse race with Webb & Barcia now a full race back. In the Lites, both McElrath, Hampshire and even Marchbanks are within striking distance if Sexton falters, or is helped falter.

Do you guys think anything will change?
|
ledger
3/12/2020 1:36am
Definitely be an all out war IMO. Just hope to see some great racing, but more so with 94 and 3. Hopefully, Barcia won't pull a hit and run on Eli and ruin a chance at a SX title. Hate to think of SX season getting cut short, but chances are high as we're all aware of...
3/12/2020 2:16am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 2:17am
250's I could see someone going in for a blatant takeout move on Sexton while the 450's I don't see Roczen or Tomac doing that. Fans would not look at such a move favourably.

Personally I think this weekends round will be cancelled Thur/Friday. Looks like University of Indianapolis has closed just today.

Motofinne
3/12/2020 4:01am
The current situation changes everything. Every race has to be looked at as the last race. I would imagine that Roczen will do everything he can and more to win this weekend.

TXDirt
3/12/2020 4:17am
I don’t think it changes too much. Racers race. Meaning they are hanging it out every weekend. There is nothing in reserve. You don’t really get to the highest levels leaving anything in the tank. You line up, you try and win. Each and every week. Certainly the drama gets raised higher, but that doesn’t mean a rider finds that magical extra gear he somehow didn’t have seven days previous. Strategy might change a bit. But Ken or Eli isn’t going to be able to ride any harder then he did at Daytona for example.

The Shop

3/12/2020 4:24am
I do think at some point Roczen will start hanging it out a little more and taking chances. He has been very smart and conservative thus far
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/12/2020 4:48am
Motofinne wrote:
The current situation changes everything. Every race has to be looked at as the last race. I would imagine that Roczen will do everything he can...
The current situation changes everything. Every race has to be looked at as the last race. I would imagine that Roczen will do everything he can and more to win this weekend.

That's what I thought. If Indy happens they really have to approach it as the last race in the championship. And a tie on points I believe will not be enough for Kenny.
Must be a pretty crazy situation for both of them. And Webb is pretty much eliminated
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
3/12/2020 4:57am
If it came down to it couldn't they just find one location to safely finish all of the rounds, even if they have to come back several weeks in a row to the same location? This may sound dumb, but if it truly came down to it why not just use the test track area they have several tracks there now?
davis224
Fantasy
138th
3/12/2020 5:08am
mx 219 wrote:
If it came down to it couldn't they just find one location to safely finish all of the rounds, even if they have to come back...
If it came down to it couldn't they just find one location to safely finish all of the rounds, even if they have to come back several weeks in a row to the same location? This may sound dumb, but if it truly came down to it why not just use the test track area they have several tracks there now?
Because Feld wouldn't make any money off of ticket sales. They're in it to make money, not for the integrity of racing. I don't think they make enough off of TV/streaming rights to justify putting it on.
3/12/2020 5:19am
The vitards will truly learn what a champion* means...
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
3/12/2020 5:45am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 5:46am
it's looking like there is a chance That indy could be the last race for a while. So Winner take all between Ken and Eli?
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/12/2020 8:39am
You can bet that if anyone was playing the long game, his strategy changes now. (I'm looking at you, Ken Roczen.)

Sexton will keep his foot on everyone's throat and wrap this up.

Post a reply to: Approach to the Championship

The Latest