Apple Watch app for tracking lap times?

Edited Date/Time 9/6/2020 11:44am
Does anyone know of any good apps you can download for an apple watch that can accurately track lap times? Or any other good watches/technology you guys would recommend?
|
Tonynz
9/2/2020 10:34pm
If you want basic lap times LITPRO App, with Polar or Garmin watch. App is free.
Then if you want a lot more information purchase the Dual XGPS 160, with LITPRO Premium subscription.
jeffoff
9/2/2020 10:43pm
First time i hear from litpro with polar watch.
Used my polar with strava app and created segment from the track.
Will try the litpro now...
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
9/3/2020 2:56am
I had an Apple Watch 3, and the GPS accuracy was horrible. Ended up getting a Garmin, and it’s a lot better but I haven’t used it on the track yet.
Pigdog
9/3/2020 3:37am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2020 1:03pm
I use the TrackAddict app and the quad lock system on my bars. I have an old iPhone that I use, and have been for years. Over 300 hours off road and I’ve never had a problem.

You could have a phone in a pocket/pouch or zip tied in the air box?

https://apps.apple.com/au/app/trackaddict-pro/id490135959

https://www.quadlockcase.com

The track addict app gives you braking/accel/coasting and well as g force. You can set up segments and all sorts. I think it is designed for car racing but I use it for MX and Enduro and it works really well. Will your watch collect data for the app?

The Shop

sandtrack315
9/3/2020 1:10pm
I used LitPro with the Polar Vantage. It worked really well for lap times. I much preferred my Apple Watch in general to the polar though, so I got the XGPS unit, which lets you use litpro to its full potential.
duckdog77
9/3/2020 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2020 2:57pm
Will litpro app work with the Polar ignite?

Trying to decide which to buy. So far It looks like the ignite does everything else I need it to.
9/3/2020 2:57pm
I used LitPro with the Polar Vantage. It worked really well for lap times. I much preferred my Apple Watch in general to the polar though...
I used LitPro with the Polar Vantage. It worked really well for lap times. I much preferred my Apple Watch in general to the polar though, so I got the XGPS unit, which lets you use litpro to its full potential.
you're using the xgps with the apple watch?
sandtrack315
9/3/2020 3:20pm
I used LitPro with the Polar Vantage. It worked really well for lap times. I much preferred my Apple Watch in general to the polar though...
you're using the xgps with the apple watch?
No, just use the XGPS with the LitPro app. I still track my heart rate and stuff on my apple watch while riding, but it does not sync with LitPro.
9/3/2020 5:11pm
I paid $75 for a Garmin Vivoactive 3 off Marketplace. Not only is it great for tracking fitness and activities, but it links up to LitPro so I will be able to track my lap times from this point forward. Thanks for the tip!
Tonynz
9/3/2020 5:17pm
duckdog77 wrote:
Will litpro app work with the Polar ignite? Trying to decide which to buy. So far It looks like the ignite does everything else I need...

Trying to decide which to buy. So far It looks like the ignite does everything else I need it to.
It should do, works with my Polar M430, the 430 is a lot basic than ignite.
Flick LITPRO an email to double check,
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
9/3/2020 5:49pm
I paid $75 for a Garmin Vivoactive 3 off Marketplace. Not only is it great for tracking fitness and activities, but it links up to LitPro...
I paid $75 for a Garmin Vivoactive 3 off Marketplace. Not only is it great for tracking fitness and activities, but it links up to LitPro so I will be able to track my lap times from this point forward. Thanks for the tip!
I have a vivoactive 4 and was literally just messing with syncing it to litpro today, and my accounts are merged, but I can’t seem to figure out how to get passed this screen lol. Is there a video or tutorial for this somewhere?!!
Shaggin589
9/3/2020 6:26pm
If anyone here is looking for a Polar watch or products I am an authorized dealer. Just message me saying you’re from Vital! Look up Viral Moto on FB or @viral_moto on ig www.viralmoto.com
agn5009
9/3/2020 6:40pm
duckdog77 wrote:
Will litpro app work with the Polar ignite? Trying to decide which to buy. So far It looks like the ignite does everything else I need...

I went with a vivoactive 3 over the polar ignite. I love the watch. It does everything I need it to and the Garmin motorsport app is awesome. It maps out your ride, tracks your laps, avg heart rate, max heart rate etc.
9/5/2020 9:27am Edited Date/Time 9/5/2020 9:27am
I use Strava. I had it on Apple Watch 3 and now Apple Watch 5. Of you have WiFi only watch, start the ride while you’re by your phone then stop it when you’re back by your phone. If you have cell service on your watch, you can use it anywhere (don’t need to be by your phone)
9/5/2020 7:54pm
I use Strava. I had it on Apple Watch 3 and now Apple Watch 5. Of you have WiFi only watch, start the ride while you’re...
I use Strava. I had it on Apple Watch 3 and now Apple Watch 5. Of you have WiFi only watch, start the ride while you’re by your phone then stop it when you’re back by your phone. If you have cell service on your watch, you can use it anywhere (don’t need to be by your phone)
do you find that setup accurate enough for comparing lap times?
9/6/2020 11:38am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2020 11:41am
I paid $75 for a Garmin Vivoactive 3 off Marketplace. Not only is it great for tracking fitness and activities, but it links up to LitPro...
crowe660 wrote:
I have a vivoactive 4 and was literally just messing with syncing it to litpro today, and my accounts are merged, but I can’t seem to...
I have a vivoactive 4 and was literally just messing with syncing it to litpro today, and my accounts are merged, but I can’t seem to figure out how to get passed this screen lol. Is there a video or tutorial for this somewhere?!!
I figured it out. I had to sync through the Garmin app first, then go back and open the LitPro app. Then I got this with my lap times per lap and my heart rate range every lap. Cool stuff from a $75 Marketplace special watch! It only shows the first lap here, but if you scroll down, you can go through each one.
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
9/6/2020 11:44am
crowe660 wrote:
I have a vivoactive 4 and was literally just messing with syncing it to litpro today, and my accounts are merged, but I can’t seem to...
I figured it out. I had to sync through the Garmin app first, then go back and open the LitPro app. Then I got this with...
I figured it out. I had to sync through the Garmin app first, then go back and open the LitPro app. Then I got this with my lap times per lap and my heart rate range every lap. Cool stuff from a $75 Marketplace special watch! It only shows the first lap here, but if you scroll down, you can go through each one.
Right on! It actually worked yesterday. I went out and did a session, and when I got back to the truck, a notification popped up and it had loaded automatically. Was super pumped! This app is pretty fricken slick. I'm going to get the upgrade before my next ride.

Post a reply to: Apple Watch app for tracking lap times?

The Latest