Apology from Weston

GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
Edited Date/Time 1/14/2016 10:34am
Via FB:

To My Friends, Fans and Sponsors,

While I have had some time to absorb my actions of this past Saturday night I felt it was important to apologize for the way I handled myself in the heat of battle. I must admit, I have been overwhelmed by the support I have received, but we know the race track is meant for just that, a place to race our motorcycles.
I can’t ever remember a year where the depth of the racing field has been so strong. I’m looking forward to getting back to round three and racing the way I know how and representing my Sponsors and Fans to the very best of my ability.
See you in Anaheim.
|
ratonmacias
1/12/2016 4:44pm
Like i said on another thread no apologies to Friese or his team needed.
jtiger12
1/12/2016 4:48pm
I've been rooting for him for a couple years now, and This does not affect my opinion. That "apology" is a little weak. I'd like it more if he said something like.. "I'm sorry for punching Mr friese in the head with his helmet on. I'll be sure to let him know that face to face at round 3, and discuss some ways we can both avoid that outcome from occurring again"

The Shop

cdm806
Fantasy
1404th
1/12/2016 4:53pm
Well, Weston gained a fan in me Saturday night for handling business like a man. He lost me as a fan today for apologizing like a bitch for being a man. He was a little weak at A1, if it were me, Friese wouldn't have gotten back on his bike, now I know that he was weak because he's just a bitch like Friese.
kiwifan
1/12/2016 4:55pm
cdm806 wrote:
Well, Weston gained a fan in me Saturday night for handling business like a man. He lost me as a fan today for apologizing like a...
Well, Weston gained a fan in me Saturday night for handling business like a man. He lost me as a fan today for apologizing like a bitch for being a man. He was a little weak at A1, if it were me, Friese wouldn't have gotten back on his bike, now I know that he was weak because he's just a bitch like Friese.
oh boy
TeamGreen
1/12/2016 5:08pm
cdm806 wrote:
Well, Weston gained a fan in me Saturday night for handling business like a man. He lost me as a fan today for apologizing like a...
I'll buy the plane ticket to NC to see you say that to him in person.
1/12/2016 5:14pm
It seems he did what he felt he should do, which is issue a statement, which is good, get it off his chest and move on.
1/12/2016 5:15pm
It seems he did what he felt he should do, which is issue a statement, which is good, get it off his chest and move on.
cdm806
Fantasy
1404th
1/12/2016 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2016 5:23pm
cdm806 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Sweet, but I can drive there faster. Not sure if you're implying I should be scared, but since he issued an apology like a bitch, I don't see that happening.

As for that ticket, can it be to Fayetteville so I can visit Ft Bragg? I haven't been there in years sine I was stationed there.
Sully
1/12/2016 5:23pm
cdm806 wrote:
Ooohhh, a tough guy! Can I have your autograph?

If you think apologizing for representing his sponsors poorly on Saturday makes him a bitch, then I'd say that's why he's a professional athlete and you're not.
hvaughn88
1/12/2016 5:24pm
cdm806 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
cdm806 wrote:
Sweet, but I can drive there faster. Not sure if you're implying I should be scared, but since he issued an apology like a bitch, I...
Sweet, but I can drive there faster. Not sure if you're implying I should be scared, but since he issued an apology like a bitch, I don't see that happening.

As for that ticket, can it be to Fayetteville so I can visit Ft Bragg? I haven't been there in years sine I was stationed there.
Later dude
1/12/2016 5:27pm
cdm806 wrote:
The only way you could have made this a little more disturbing is if you would have typed "Dear diary," at the top of your post.
downard254
1/12/2016 5:30pm
I'd bet he submitted an apology that was written by the PR department. I could be wrong, but that seemed like a very well thought out apology.
TeamGreen
1/12/2016 5:40pm
cdm806 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
cdm806 wrote:
Sweet, but I can drive there faster. Not sure if you're implying I should be scared, but since he issued an apology like a bitch, I...

Binghampton to Charlotte via Newark. Say, "When".

If you're an Ace-Deuce, I'll be surprised. Those guys don't usually talk out their asses.
1/12/2016 5:43pm
Perfect apology. Doesn't apologize to friese. Apologizes on how he acted and reminded people the race track is for racing.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/12/2016 5:46pm
This ^^^
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
1/12/2016 5:50pm
cdm806 wrote:

1/12/2016 5:54pm
I don't care.

How does he plan on repairing the damage that he has caused the sport? Many major news outlets covered a supercross story because of him. Tens of thousands (if not more) people saw the clip who had never seen Supercross before. These people will forever know about this sport because of him. How can a consequential mistake such as this ever be remedied???

How does Weston expect me to explain this to my kids??

hvaughn88
1/12/2016 5:56pm
cdm806 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
cdm806 wrote:

What's your name?
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
1/12/2016 6:02pm
TeamGreen wrote:
cdm806 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Binghampton to Charlotte via Newark. Say, "When".

If you're an Ace-Deuce, I'll be surprised. Those guys don't usually talk out their asses.
He must have been one of Trautmans guys!

MX45
1/12/2016 6:03pm
TripleFive wrote:
[u]I don't care[/u]. How does he plan on repairing the damage that he has caused the sport? Many major news outlets covered a supercross story because...
I don't care.

How does he plan on repairing the damage that he has caused the sport? Many major news outlets covered a supercross story because of him. Tens of thousands (if not more) people saw the clip who had never seen Supercross before. These people will forever know about this sport because of him. How can a consequential mistake such as this ever be remedied???

We should all thank him for that! Exposure, baby!
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
1/12/2016 6:04pm
Certainly Weston is passionate about the sport, as we would expect. And also as a young guy without as much life experience as some of us older guys, he let his emotions get to him (as many of us have also done). It certainly wasn't a capital offense, so he'll have to take his medicine and move on. Let it be a learning experience and don't make a habit of of it. And never let it be said he got punked...and fwiw, I still have more respect for him than Friese.
1/12/2016 6:07pm
Mr. Ted wrote:
Certainly Weston is passionate about the sport, as we would expect. And also as a young guy without as much life experience as some of us...
Certainly Weston is passionate about the sport, as we would expect. And also as a young guy without as much life experience as some of us older guys, he let his emotions get to him (as many of us have also done). It certainly wasn't a capital offense, so he'll have to take his medicine and move on. Let it be a learning experience and don't make a habit of of it. And never let it be said he got punked...and fwiw, I still have more respect for him than Friese.
Speak for yourself. I always get the best of my emotions.
toroP
1/12/2016 6:07pm
cdm806 wrote:
"Like a man"
Hmm, I think a man would recognize VF as not worth time, pick up the bike and race. Not throw a tantrum like a child.

Weston chose to spend time with Vince rather than racing the top guys. Weak choice, not manly.
1/12/2016 6:11pm
cdm806 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
cdm806 wrote:

You got it wrong ass wipe.. Men apologize when they feel they've done something wrong.
Only Stupid ass, booty ass thugs says stupid shit like he apologized like a bitch..
Apoligized like a bitch? ...WOW!
dirtnapper
1/12/2016 6:18pm
cdm806 wrote:
JB 19
1/12/2016 6:20pm
TripleFive wrote:
[u]I don't care[/u]. How does he plan on repairing the damage that he has caused the sport? Many major news outlets covered a supercross story because...
I don't care.

Maybe by being a parent and teaching your kids that the world is a brutal place and sometimes you get sick of people's shit and have to stand up for yourself.......but I don't know, you could just keep showing them reruns of Pepa Pig and set them up to be walked all over later in life.
gnarwhip
1/12/2016 6:24pm
Nice. Weston is gonna get the loudest cheers of anyone at A2. Dude is gonna be a fan favorite for the rest of his career! Stoked for him

Post a reply to: Apology from Weston

The Latest