Ap pass on forkner

level
7/7/2018 5:39pm
That was hard to watch. Hate seeing a rider go down like that when they are having the ride of there life.
So the question is was it dirty?
Poll

Was ap’s pass on forkner dirty

Choices
|
level
7/7/2018 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2018 5:41pm
Me personally pretty crappy move. Ap had plenty of track. He didn’t have to go that wide. However adrenaline pumping things happen fast.
Trevor91
7/7/2018 5:51pm
u must be blind then. his line went to the outside and he was indeed in front of forkner when austin hit him. forkner made the move 2 corners before that was super close as well.. just a racing incident bro
DJV804
7/7/2018 6:52pm
Trevor91 wrote:
u must be blind then. his line went to the outside and he was indeed in front of forkner when austin hit him. forkner made the...
u must be blind then. his line went to the outside and he was indeed in front of forkner when austin hit him. forkner made the move 2 corners before that was super close as well.. just a racing incident bro
100% agreed. Forkner made an aggressive pass, so checked up and let it happen. 2 turns later the same situation presented itself and forkner didn't let off.

As they went into that turn I was thinking to myself "why are you going outside after that move."

Shitty deal for forkner but he can't really be mad about it imo.
RickyRoss519
Fantasy
2311th
7/7/2018 7:21pm
Ap was in forkners line of sight. He could of backed off. Unfortunate for sure but it was either forkner back off or AP.

The Shop

aeffertz
7/7/2018 7:36pm
You could see Forkner started to back off but it was just little too late. You have to make passes happen and the rider getting passed needs to know when the letter is sealed. Glad Forkner didn’t get banged up too bad and was able to get back out there.
WFO
7/7/2018 7:42pm
No, he's racing for the win and he kept his line and was in front of Forkner by all but the rear tire. 2 turns before that he came all the way over on Plessinger. If your good enough to dish it out you better be good enough to take it.
Ray_MXS
7/8/2018 3:53am
It's a Forkner thing, he just never backs off, even when the pass is pretty much already done. He had tons of time to back off but he just kept it pinned, hoping AP would for some reason give him room to pass or just back off. AP just took his line away, textbook pass. This happens to Forkner over and over again, he just needs to ride alot smarter. AP is riding for the championship, he won't back off from a clean pass.
shredder22
7/8/2018 4:00am
Ray_MXS wrote:
It's a Forkner thing, he just never backs off, even when the pass is pretty much already done. He had tons of time to back off...
It's a Forkner thing, he just never backs off, even when the pass is pretty much already done. He had tons of time to back off but he just kept it pinned, hoping AP would for some reason give him room to pass or just back off. AP just took his line away, textbook pass. This happens to Forkner over and over again, he just needs to ride alot smarter. AP is riding for the championship, he won't back off from a clean pass.
I think you are pretty much correct. I'm a Forkner fan so it bums me out seeing this happen 2 weeks in a row. If he had just done things a little differently he would have went 1-2 last week and possibly won the first moto today or at least got second. He has the speed and talent to win championships but he is still young. I hope he learns from this and if he is able to minimize these mistakes and crashes I think he could very well win both sx and mx championships
Ray_MXS
7/8/2018 4:04am
Ray_MXS wrote:
It's a Forkner thing, he just never backs off, even when the pass is pretty much already done. He had tons of time to back off...
shredder22 wrote:
I think you are pretty much correct. I'm a Forkner fan so it bums me out seeing this happen 2 weeks in a row. If he...
I think you are pretty much correct. I'm a Forkner fan so it bums me out seeing this happen 2 weeks in a row. If he had just done things a little differently he would have went 1-2 last week and possibly won the first moto today or at least got second. He has the speed and talent to win championships but he is still young. I hope he learns from this and if he is able to minimize these mistakes and crashes I think he could very well win both sx and mx championships
Agreed. He needs to be able to comprehend that finishing the moto is much more valuable than fighting lost battles too hard. It's not like it's the last lap either. He could have let them pass and then he'd have lots of time planning a re-pass.
He will be a champion no doubt, just need some patience.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
7/8/2018 4:32am
Where is the option "it was forkners fault"?
MXD
7/8/2018 6:01am
I bet if you asked Mitch he would say:

"You made the same pass on him 3 turns earlier and he shut off because you had the line. You should have done the same thing. Use your head for something more than a helmet filler."
scrubbin
7/8/2018 6:42am
Riders were passing back and forth in that corner all day. No one else went down. Whistling AP could have left enough room for Forkner but decided to block pass him. Neither rider means anything to me but AP definitely did the block pass on purpose and that is racing. Laughing
TXDirt
7/8/2018 6:45am
It's not show friends. It's show business.
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
7/8/2018 6:47am
aeffertz wrote:
You could see Forkner started to back off but it was just little too late. You have to make passes happen and the rider getting passed...
You could see Forkner started to back off but it was just little too late. You have to make passes happen and the rider getting passed needs to know when the letter is sealed. Glad Forkner didn’t get banged up too bad and was able to get back out there.
I thought I saw forkners front wheel off the ground when AP hit. It didn't look like he was backing off.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
7/8/2018 7:17am
Your poll is missing the option for he kinda knew it was dirty but he deserved it? Lol.
BobbyM
7/8/2018 7:21am
level wrote:
Me personally pretty crappy move. Ap had plenty of track. He didn’t have to go that wide. However adrenaline pumping things happen fast.
You should try racing competitively, you'll get a whole new perspective... Trust me you will.
Camp332
7/8/2018 7:30am
Forkner should have slowed up. AP was in front of him, and Forkner basically rear ended AP.
montesagold
7/8/2018 7:45am
If the goal is to stay in front of the other guy, did Pleasinger not end up in front? The poll is not accurate, he went for it at all cost
Alex814
7/8/2018 7:53am
That move was fine either way, but when you consider Forkner's pass a couple turns earlier he should have known that was coming. Once again he did not know when to let off.

I saw guys taking that inside line to the outside berm beginning in first practice through the end of the day.
Crush
7/8/2018 8:05am
How’s about, no, he went inside, knew he controlled the corner and didn’t give a fuck because it’s up to the guy on the outside to shut it down and fight on?
stewie94
7/8/2018 8:21am
as a huge austin fan , just nothing more than a racing incident , sucks tht austin couldnt finish the moto but AP took the line way , simple as tht
Zycki11
7/8/2018 8:30am
Alex814 wrote:
That move was fine either way, but when you consider Forkner's pass a couple turns earlier he should have known that was coming. Once again he...
That move was fine either way, but when you consider Forkner's pass a couple turns earlier he should have known that was coming. Once again he did not know when to let off.

I saw guys taking that inside line to the outside berm beginning in first practice through the end of the day.
His pass wasn't aggressive at all. People don't see how wide that corner actually is and how much room AP had to see him coming.
Racer111
7/8/2018 8:35am
AP did NOT have to go that wide and hit Forkner to make the pass. He CHOSE to hit Forkner. THAT is a crappy move. In a corner when you’re not going fast, ok. Hitting someone who’s in 2nd-3rd gear pinned, that’s shitty.
Question
7/8/2018 9:40am
Racer111 wrote:
AP did NOT have to go that wide and hit Forkner to make the pass. He CHOSE to hit Forkner. THAT is a crappy move. In...
AP did NOT have to go that wide and hit Forkner to make the pass. He CHOSE to hit Forkner. THAT is a crappy move. In a corner when you’re not going fast, ok. Hitting someone who’s in 2nd-3rd gear pinned, that’s shitty.
I quite agree. Nothing against AP or Forkner, but indeed it was not super clean.

Not clever on Forkner's part so it is 80% on him, not nice/fully intentional maybe but clever on AP's part as he can't afford to be pushed wide either in his championship chase like Forkner did 2 corners earlier.

Will AP get booed for 6 months like Musquin ? WhistlingTongue
7/8/2018 11:48am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2018 11:49am
Racer111 wrote:
AP did NOT have to go that wide and hit Forkner to make the pass. He CHOSE to hit Forkner. THAT is a crappy move. In...
Forker went wide and CHOSE not to back out of it when he saw AP railing around the inside. He gambled that AP would leave him room on the outside to pass him back....the gamble didn't pay off. Its racing folks.

Atleast he won't get booed like MM because...well you know...
DJV804
7/8/2018 11:57am
Racer111 wrote:
Forker went wide and CHOSE not to back out of it when he saw AP railing around the inside. He gambled that AP would leave him...
Forker went wide and CHOSE not to back out of it when he saw AP railing around the inside. He gambled that AP would leave him room on the outside to pass him back....the gamble didn't pay off. Its racing folks.

And he won't get boo'd because this was nothing like Musquins pass. They were heading the the same direction, unlike musquin when he hit tomac. Not even comparable.
Question
7/8/2018 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2018 2:52pm
Racer111 wrote:
Forker went wide and CHOSE not to back out of it when he saw AP railing around the inside. He gambled that AP would leave him...

DJV804 wrote:
And he won't get boo'd because this was nothing like Musquins pass. They were heading the the same direction, unlike musquin when he hit tomac. Not...
And he won't get boo'd because this was nothing like Musquins pass. They were heading the the same direction, unlike musquin when he hit tomac. Not even comparable.
Did Dungey get booed for 6 months when he came into JS7 at A1 2016 ?

Stuffs happen in racing, otherwise we would be watching water polo.
DJV804
7/8/2018 3:10pm

DJV804 wrote:
And he won't get boo'd because this was nothing like Musquins pass. They were heading the the same direction, unlike musquin when he hit tomac. Not...
Question wrote:
Did Dungey get booed for 6 months when he came into JS7 at A1 2016 ? Stuffs happen in racing, otherwise we would be watching water...
Did Dungey get booed for 6 months when he came into JS7 at A1 2016 ?

Stuffs happen in racing, otherwise we would be watching water polo.
Actually Dunge got a lot of boo-omg and hate for a few weeks. But even still yes, this stuff happens. In my eyes this was 80% on Forkner.

Anyone that races moto knows you don't make a very aggressive pass, then leave the door wide open in the next turn.

Post a reply to: Ap pass on forkner

The Latest