Anything cool to do in Vegas

JohnnyD13
Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 12:50pm
I'm in Vegas until Sunday. My wife is in meetings during the day. I'm not a big gambler and enjoy what every motocrosser enjoys. Mountain biking, rock climbing and motocross. Any locals have any advice or cool hangouts? Maybe a motocross track to visit?
|
KMC440
11/12/2014 3:29pm
They got a dam near there ...
Insider347
11/12/2014 3:42pm
JohnnyD13 wrote:
I'm in Vegas until Sunday. My wife is in meetings during the day. I'm not a big gambler and enjoy what every motocrosser enjoys. Mountain biking...
I'm in Vegas until Sunday. My wife is in meetings during the day. I'm not a big gambler and enjoy what every motocrosser enjoys. Mountain biking, rock climbing and motocross. Any locals have any advice or cool hangouts? Maybe a motocross track to visit?
Yes. Be there Friday thru Monday and going to kiss shows Friday and Saturday at the hard rock.
Staying at MGM.

The Shop

bvm111
11/12/2014 4:02pm
go do the dam tour at the hoover dam... it is pretty cool actually!

Bootleg canyon is really the best mountain biking there in town, it is out in boulder city on your way to see the dam dam! I have never ridden there myself but my buddy that rides a lot of DH says it is really good, I am moving to Vegas next summer so I will be checking it out myself!

I have been searching for good motocross tracks myself and it looks like the closest is south on the 15 towards state line called sandy valley motocross. The videos look pretty good that I have looked at on you tube, but, it is about 1 to 1.5 hours to get there so i am not too stoked on that for when i move there.

Other than that you have the whole strip to explore, grab a beer or 10 and wander around and look at all the fine "scenery" vegas is known for!

Mandalay Bay has a cool aquarium to check out!
DesertHusky
11/12/2014 4:24pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2014 4:33pm
I live here in vegas. Here are some things you can do:

- Get on the High Roller (Ferris Wheel)
- Rent ATVs or Dune Buggies
- Rent BMW touring bikes and ride them offroad in the southern part of Las Vegas
- Rent a Harley Davidson Motorcycle
- Rent Jet Skis at Lake Mead
- Rock climbing at Red Rock Canyon
- Hiking in the Mountains up at Mt Charleston (45 Minutes from the Strip)
- Take a Helicopter tour over the Grand Canyon.
- Mall shopping
- Drive exotic cars at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Drive & Race Go Carts in a indoor track(s)

These are just some of the things you can do.

If you were bring a dirt bike with you, there are hundreds of riding areas in the desert and (2) motocross tracks were you could ride.

enketchum
11/12/2014 5:20pm
Red Rock Canyon. Valley of Fire. Much bouldering, scrambling, hiking, and climbing at both
TallonT911
11/12/2014 5:23pm
Bootleg canyon for sure for mountain biking, you can rent a bike from all mountain Cyclery in boulder city but not sure how much that will cost you!
Mesquite Mx has a pretty good moto track if you're bringing your bike!
JW381
11/12/2014 5:31pm
Hookers and blow was all I did when I went with the fam. I was only 14, but it was a pretty good time from what I remember.
Kawaboy14
11/12/2014 5:35pm
JW381 wrote:
Hookers and blow was all I did when I went with the fam. I was only 14, but it was a pretty good time from what...
Hookers and blow was all I did when I went with the fam. I was only 14, but it was a pretty good time from what I remember.
not sure how you could remember anything from that trip...... :0)
JW381
11/12/2014 5:37pm
JW381 wrote:
Hookers and blow was all I did when I went with the fam. I was only 14, but it was a pretty good time from what...
Kawaboy14 wrote:
Mum has pretty routine acid flashbacks, it's like having a human video player of all your most cherished family memories
JohnnyD13
11/12/2014 5:48pm
Thanks for all the info. Red Rock Canyon looks like the place.
bd
11/12/2014 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2014 5:59pm
I know many people of this site are biased to the Hard Rock, but its a joke compared to:

- Marquee
- XS
- Drais in the Cromwell
- Hakkasan
- People watch in Cromwell and Cosmo LV

Restaurants:

- Sintra's in Wynn Las Vegas
- Lakeside in Wynn Las Vegas
- Holstein's in Cosmo LV
- Piero's (old school Vegas, where Mob, Showgirls, Vegas businessmen, actors kick it)
- Giada Las Vegas
- Picasso's in Bellagio

Art Gallery:

- Bellagio
- Mob Museum

Hiking:

- Red Rock Canyon
- Mt Charleston

Mtn Bike:

- Red Rock Canyon

Motocross:

- Mesquite Motocross
- Sandy Valley rarely opened

Shows:

- Le Reve
- Kiss (is in town at hard Rock)
- Look at all websites for latest shows

As stated before: Hoover Dam is symbol of "New Deal"

Bressler11
11/12/2014 7:29pm
I raced the Amateur World Finals out in Vegas in 2005,2006,2007,2008, and 2009 the race was held annually at the MGM Grand and that's where we stayed. But Hard Rock had some good food not to far from the MGM.

Things to do:
Carry Hearts MX Dealership
Chill in the raft pool (MGM Grand) with a bloody marry while recovering from a Hang Over
I remember this Wax Museum of some sort that was pretty cool
The place across the golden strip the tropicana I believe had this buffet that was $20 a day all you could eat

keep in mind that I was Age 6-11 when I spent my time in vegas so I did not do any Hookers Or Blow however I do remember all of these Mexicans Holding nude cards that had hookers on them... Haha I miss it those were some good times with my old man
Gringoe
11/12/2014 7:44pm
Bressler11 wrote:
I raced the Amateur World Finals out in Vegas in 2005,2006,2007,2008, and 2009 the race was held annually at the MGM Grand and that's where we...
I raced the Amateur World Finals out in Vegas in 2005,2006,2007,2008, and 2009 the race was held annually at the MGM Grand and that's where we stayed. But Hard Rock had some good food not to far from the MGM.

Things to do:
Carry Hearts MX Dealership
Chill in the raft pool (MGM Grand) with a bloody marry while recovering from a Hang Over
I remember this Wax Museum of some sort that was pretty cool
The place across the golden strip the tropicana I believe had this buffet that was $20 a day all you could eat

keep in mind that I was Age 6-11 when I spent my time in vegas so I did not do any Hookers Or Blow however I do remember all of these Mexicans Holding nude cards that had hookers on them... Haha I miss it those were some good times with my old man
I had similar memories with the cards Grinning

mws02
11/12/2014 7:51pm
You can rent a mountain bike at All Mountain cyclery in Boulder and go to Bootleg. Runs about $70 for a day. You could also rent one from Las Vegas Cyclery and go ride at Blue Diamond (a bit more mellow XC style trails).

I'm a pilot for Sundance Helicopters that operates just off the strip across from Mandalay Bay. We fly tours to the grand canyon and over the hoover dam or over the city at night. Come on by and go for a flight.
11/12/2014 9:30pm
Just got back from the SEMA show in Vegas last week. We hiked the Goldstrike Trail down by the Hoover Dam. 8 1/2 miles roundtrip from the parking area to the Colorado River and back. Hot spring pools along the way. Don't use the ropes on the return trip from the river for some rock climbing fun.
bvm111
11/12/2014 11:03pm
bd wrote:
I know many people of this site are biased to the Hard Rock, but its a joke compared to: - Marquee - XS - Drais in...
I know many people of this site are biased to the Hard Rock, but its a joke compared to:

- Marquee
- XS
- Drais in the Cromwell
- Hakkasan

Restaurants:

- Holstein's in Cosmo LV
- Piero's (old school Vegas, where Mob, Showgirls, Vegas businessmen, actors kick it)
- Giada Las Vegas
- Picasso's in Bellagio

Art Gallery:

- Bellagio
- Mob Museum

Hiking:

- Red Rock Canyon
- Mt Charleston

Mtn Bike:

- Red Rock Canyon

Motocross:

- Mesquite Motocross

Shows:

- Le Reve

BD,

How far is mesquite from the summerlin area?

I am being transferred back (army) to Vegas late June or July and last time I lived there I wasn't back riding like I am now. The main reason I haven't wanted to move back is I heard the MX scene is not very good. Is comp edge a better option even though it might be a little farther?

Sorry to OP for the thread hijack
jeffro503
11/12/2014 11:15pm
JW381 wrote:
Kawaboy14 wrote:
JW381 wrote:
Mum has pretty routine acid flashbacks, it's like having a human video player of all your most cherished family memories
LMFAO!!

Tonynz
11/12/2014 11:26pm
mws02 wrote:
You can rent a mountain bike at All Mountain cyclery in Boulder and go to Bootleg. Runs about $70 for a day. You could also rent...
You can rent a mountain bike at All Mountain cyclery in Boulder and go to Bootleg. Runs about $70 for a day. You could also rent one from Las Vegas Cyclery and go ride at Blue Diamond (a bit more mellow XC style trails).

I'm a pilot for Sundance Helicopters that operates just off the strip across from Mandalay Bay. We fly tours to the grand canyon and over the hoover dam or over the city at night. Come on by and go for a flight.
Son and I a spending a day in Vegas when we are over in January for A3 and San Diego Sx, have beed to Vegas quite few times, but never done the helicopter flight at night time, must do it this time. the only time i have been in a helicopter was 15 years ago when i badly broke my leg at a MX and they flew me to hospital.
bd
11/13/2014 12:18am Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 12:20am
bd wrote:
I know many people of this site are biased to the Hard Rock, but its a joke compared to: - Marquee - XS - Drais in...

- Marquee
- XS
- Drais in the Cromwell
- Hakkasan

Restaurants:

- Holstein's in Cosmo LV
- Giada Las Vegas
- Picasso's in Bellagio

Art Gallery:

- Bellagio
- Mob Museum

Hiking:

- Red Rock Canyon
- Mt Charleston

Mtn Bike:

- Red Rock Canyon

Motocross:

- Mesquite Motocross

Shows:

- Le Reve

bvm111 wrote:
BD, How far is mesquite from the summerlin area? I am being transferred back (army) to Vegas late June or July and last time I lived...
BD,

How far is mesquite from the summerlin area?

I am being transferred back (army) to Vegas late June or July and last time I lived there I wasn't back riding like I am now. The main reason I haven't wanted to move back is I heard the MX scene is not very good. Is comp edge a better option even though it might be a little farther?

Sorry to OP for the thread hijack
Mesquite MX has promise..... a lot better than Sandy Valley MX. Its about a 90 minute drive. Go North on I15 to you hit Mesquite. I have never been to Comp Edge so I cannot compare it to Mesquite.

http://www.mesquitemx.com/
JPT
11/13/2014 12:36am
Red Rock Harley has some incredible old race bikes. Mostly RR and FT stuff.
bd
11/13/2014 12:40am Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 12:41am
JPT.... thank you for the reminder. Go to Sportsman Cycles on 3475 Boulder Hwy, Las Vegas, NV 89121. This old cycle shop has completely restored 1960s and 1970s Husky's.

https://instagram.com/p/nM75QejyX8
Darryl916
11/13/2014 8:27am
Go see Rick, Big Hoss, Chumlee and the Old Man
pacman00
11/13/2014 8:46am
what happened to the hollywood electrics indoor/outdoor track off harmon?
11/13/2014 8:47am
The homeless people are very insightful and the prostitute trading cards are great collector's pieces. That's pretty much it though.
peelout
11/13/2014 9:15am
if you don't do the Big Shot on the Stratosphere then f*ck you
C.Worthy
11/13/2014 11:17am
Go rent an off-road truck and drive it around the las vegas desert. I think they have deals on groupon for this at like 50% off

VORE: Vegas Off-Road Experience

Or drive to the Hoover damn and hike down to some hot springs (Ringbolt or Goldstrike or the Sauna Cave) on the colorado river for some soaking or cliff jumping.
Flesh206
11/13/2014 12:49pm
If you think Vegas is one of those places that is strictly all about gambling your retarded. Vegas is the mecca of fun related things to do. Last time I was there I rented a cruiser and and rode out to the hoover dam and through Red Rock Canyon which was super cool. And if your a foodie some of the best restaurants in the world are at your disposal. Have fun.

Post a reply to: Anything cool to do in Vegas

The Latest