Anyone use Mxsponsor??

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2018 8:57 AM

Just started an Mxsponsor account and my first order experience hasn't went so well. Anyone else use Mxsponsor or had issues with them??

|

8/31/2018 9:00 AM

Spam?

You also just signed up for a Vital MX account.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/31/2018 9:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2018 9:16 AM

Don't use that garbage. Order from a reputable online retailer or, even better, buy from your local moto shop. Those are not "sponsorships" you're getting. They just negotiate discounts with specific brands and are nothing more than a middleman. Sponsorhouse/Hookit was the same garbage idea.

Most of the brands they list already have their own rider support programs. You can sign up for those directly with the brands rather than go through some shitty marketing middleman (assuming you have some sort of legit racing resume).

|

8/31/2018 9:14 AM

Put in an order. My total was $112. Had $156 taken from my account followed by another $17 the day after that. Dont care much about getting a ton of sponsors. I'm just a dude who loves 2 wheels. So I was wandering if anyone else has had this problem or anything like it dealing with them? I've called/emailed and still no response.

|

8/31/2018 9:18 AM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Don't use that garbage. Order from a reputable online retailer or, even better, buy from your local moto shop. Those are not ...more

That's not true. When sponsorhouse first started, I used it to connect with multiple sponsors that gave me thousands of dollars in free product. Pretty beneficial to an 18 year old at the time that paid for it on their own.

|

8/31/2018 9:24 AM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Don't use that garbage. Order from a reputable online retailer or, even better, buy from your local moto shop. Those are not ...more

I'll agree with you on this. Just curious and thought i'd try it out. At this point I'm still below what retail price would be on what I ordered, that's only if I don't get hit with another charge haha! My buddy uses this site and say's he's had nothing like this ever happen with him. Oh well you live and learn I guess.

|

8/31/2018 9:28 AM

I have found hookit to be awesome. Some brands will only sponsor through hookit for amateur racers. I used Mxsponsor a long time ago. It wasnt that great. They had a program that helped with discounted hotel rooms which made it worth it at the time but yeah I'm only on hookit now

|

8/31/2018 9:29 AM

Your order was $112. How much was shipping? Might be why $156 was taken. Not sure about the extra $17 being taken the following day. That sounds odd.

|

8/31/2018 9:31 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Your order was $112. How much was shipping? Might be why $156 was taken. Not sure about the extra $17 being taken the ...more

I would venture to say original charge was estimated shipping, additional $17 was to cover actual shipping cost

|

8/31/2018 9:32 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Your order was $112. How much was shipping? Might be why $156 was taken. Not sure about the extra $17 being taken the ...more

Exactly. I ordered a chain and sprockets. So $44 for shipping a chain and sprocket set sounds a little odd to me also.

|

8/31/2018 9:34 AM

As for Hookit, I used it for years. Every deal i had was direct with supplier, 40-60% off with codes for each supplier. Some were free shipping, most werent. I liked the stat page it has. 2015 i logged over 17k miles in 12 months going to tracks and races. Blew my mind i drove that much lol

|

8/31/2018 9:34 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

mister2dt wrote:

I would venture to say original charge was estimated shipping, additional $17 was to cover actual shipping cost

$44 for shipping plus another $17 the next day for shipping?? It's not traveling around the world.

|

8/31/2018 9:37 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

mister2dt wrote:

Mmurphree37 wrote:

$44 for shipping plus another $17 the next day for shipping?? It's not traveling around the world.

No, but read the fine print. Shipping and HANDLING. Usually an order processing fee.. several ways to backdoor their discount and get some of their profit back

|

8/31/2018 9:40 AM

mister2dt wrote:

Mmurphree37 wrote:

mister2dt wrote:

No, but read the fine print. Shipping and HANDLING. Usually an order processing fee.. several ways to backdoor their discount ...more

That's what I'm beginning to think. Hopefully I'll hear something back from them. At this point I just hope my parts show up haha.

|

8/31/2018 9:42 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Mmurphree37 wrote:

Exactly. I ordered a chain and sprockets. So $44 for shipping a chain and sprocket set sounds a little odd to me also.

You didn't get any paperwork with your order that explains the charges?

Call or email them and ask them to explain the charges. I don't get why they took money the following day as opposed to taking everything the day of the order.

|

8/31/2018 9:52 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Mmurphree37 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Call or email them and ask them to explain the ...more

No. All I got was an order # and that was it. No confirmation email or anything at all. I've called and emailed and no response, not yet anyways.

|

8/31/2018 10:14 AM

Mmurphree37 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Call or email them and ask them to explain the ...more

Mmurphree37 wrote:

No. All I got was an order # and that was it. No confirmation email or anything at all. I've called and emailed and no ...more

Well hopefully that gets sorted out because that's not right.

If they don't want to give you an explanation let them know that it was the last time you ordered from them.

|

8/31/2018 12:21 PM

A buddy went thru mx sponsor about a month ago for his kid. Was amped up because he got Scott goggles for 45% off. Had to order thru the site, but the order form the site gave him was severely lacking, half the line was missing, no kids, no prospects, nothing. He called for 2 weeks straight and didn't get anywhere. I got on the site to check it out and it looks like a scam to me. Ordering thru the website and not being redirected to company site like hookit seems fishy.

|

8/31/2018 12:54 PM

SURFGLOBE wrote:

A buddy went thru mx sponsor about a month ago for his kid. Was amped up because he got Scott goggles for 45% off. Had to ...more

Yeah even tho you get hooked up with a company they dont always offer their full lineup. I noticed that too. Luckily I've finally got ahold of someone and my problem is in the process of being fixed.

|

8/31/2018 3:54 PM

They (all of them) either back door you (shipping and handling), front door you (membership fee i.e. pay for your discount) and are always out of stock on current product but have all the stuff from the companies “clearance shelves”

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

|

9/4/2018 5:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2018 5:30 PM

i use it and have had good results with my orders - oneal / scott (but seems to have removed alot of their googles as mentioned up a few post) / gaerne / pro taper - have saved me quite a few bucks 40-50% off retail - in reality prob 15-20% off web prices. the shipping cost has been reasonable. i put in prob 5-6 orders a year thru sponsors.

|

9/4/2018 9:35 PM

I've had good luck with both hookit and MXsponsor both sites have saved me a ton of money some companies you order through the mxsponsor store others I've just gotten a code and ordered straight through the company and I've also gotten quiete a bit of free stuff as well and it got my foot in the door with some good brands and companies but I've found it's just as easy to just email and stay in contact and talk to any company about rider support and alot of them are more than willing to help out in some way just as long as you return the favor by really helping to promote thier brand and not just expecting your discount without at least putting in a little work support those who support you!

|

MOTO LIFE 988 Over 30 B Vet class

9/4/2018 9:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2018 9:44 PM

moto988 wrote:

I've had good luck with both hookit and MXsponsor both sites have saved me a ton of money some companies you order through the ...more

Good lord that was hard to read. Is that how you write when asking for sponsorship? Not trying to be mean, but put in some effort.

|

9/4/2018 10:23 PM

moto988 wrote:

I've had good luck with both hookit and MXsponsor both sites have saved me a ton of money some companies you order through the ...more

Electro21 wrote:

Good lord that was hard to read. Is that how you write when asking for sponsorship? Not trying to be mean, but put in some ...more

What's so hard to understand haha I'm typing on my phone and could care less about being punctual and wasting all my time on here just left a quick comment

|

9/4/2018 10:45 PM

Well, if you could care less it means you do care...Just pointing out that intelligence sometimes helps with sponsorship. Just trying to help. Learning to write correctly is a skill that can help out in many walks of life...

|

9/5/2018 5:46 AM

I have had great luck with MX Sponsor. Saves me quite a bit of money.

|

9/5/2018 6:44 AM

moto988 wrote:

What's so hard to understand haha I'm typing on my phone and could care less about being punctual and wasting all my time on ...more

It's 'couldn't care less'.

Just bustin your balls man!

|

9/5/2018 8:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2018 8:22 AM

Electro21 wrote:

Good lord that was hard to read. Is that how you write when asking for sponsorship? Not trying to be mean, but put in some ...more

moto988 wrote:

What's so hard to understand haha I'm typing on my phone and could care less about being punctual and wasting all my time on ...more

Squirrelings wrote:

It's 'couldn't care less'.

Just bustin your balls man!

haha whoops! what he said!

|

9/5/2018 8:25 AM

Electro21 wrote:

Well, if you could care less it means you do care...Just pointing out that intelligence sometimes helps with sponsorship. Just ...more

haha bro my resume looks in point. I've had no problem landing some sponsorships with it! what are you? A damn English teacher or something. I'm sorry I've got better things to do than sit here and check on peoples punctuality on vital!

|

9/5/2018 8:34 AM

Used mxsponsor a few years ago to get gaernes 35% off. I called gaerne directly to place my order and it worked great. I save like $100 even when you factor in the $50 a year fee. Alsways did seem pretty sketch though. After I got the boots I stopped the subscription.

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f