Anyone tried PRP therapy for rotator cuff tear?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/31/2020 9:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2020 10:27 AM

I have a partially torn rotator cuff not bad enough for surgery, Dr suggested PRP therapy where they draw blood from you, separate it and then inject it into the tear. I was bs'ing with him about having reconstructive knee surgery in 1997 and nagging knee pain and he suggested trying on my knee as well. Planning on doing it December. Curious if anyone has done it and how well it worked.

|

10/31/2020 10:09 AM

I’m curious as well.

|

10/31/2020 11:58 AM

I just had surgery on my right acl 4 weeks ago. I also have a partially torn acl in my left knee. So during the surgery they did PRP on both of my knees. I can't really give an opinion on how the PRP is doing on my right knee since I had full on surgery. But for my left knee... I partially tore it in July and it was very very slowly getting less painful when trying to bend it all the way. But just a month after my injections I can already bend it just about all the way, still with some pain but a lot less than what it was before the injections. So in my opinion the PRP is definitely speeding up the process and I don't doubt it will be close to what it was before the injury. As for what it will do with a full rotator cuff tear.. I don't think it will work miracles without additional surgery. Put both together and I think you'd be solid.

|

10/31/2020 12:23 PM

PRP in the states has been hit or miss at best. Most people report the issues returning. If you want real stem cell, you need to go to Panama. Listen to the Mel Gibson Joe Rogan podcast about his dad. Great information and why we don't have umbilical stem cell here baffles me.

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

10/31/2020 4:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2020 4:27 PM

really great for tears.. will reduce injury time significantly. then it will be up to you to strengthen it... take gh too

|

10/31/2020 4:34 PM

Did it for shoulder / labrum surgery and worked very well to speed recovery. If you can afford to, do it!

|

10/31/2020 7:33 PM

Not sure about prp, but I’d invest in something called crossover symmetry. I had surgery to repair two tears in my labrum after dislocating my shoulder. It was the only way I was able to get back to pretty normal mobility in the shoulder as well as strengthening it. It’s really good for partial tears to help repair and strengthen the shoulder. I continue to use it as part of my daily workout warmup routine.

|

10/31/2020 7:44 PM

I've done BPC 157 with minor tears and strains. Worth every penny. No experience with PRP.

|

10/31/2020 9:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2020 10:01 PM

Thanks for your responses. I’m active duty Army, so I have to go with what they suggest. I’ve been doing dextrose shots and hasn’t gotten better. Cost isn’t an issue, the doctor just said it hurts and the success rate was like 75%.

|

10/31/2020 9:57 PM

TSCHAM101 wrote:

really great for tears.. will reduce injury time significantly. then it will be up to you to strengthen it... take gh too

What is gh?

|

10/31/2020 10:02 PM

Growth hormones?

|

'22 CRF250R...??
'21 KX250
'20 KTM SX-E5
'21 Husky EE-5
(2) STACYC 16eDrives

10/31/2020 10:02 PM

soopah noviss wrote:

Growth hormones?

Doubt I can do those. Lol

|

10/31/2020 10:08 PM

I have no clue how I tore it. I woke up day and it hurt. Thought I slept on it wrong. Went like 2 months before seeing the dr.

|

11/5/2020 5:59 PM

I’ve had PRP injections a couple times. Last time was a couple weeks ago in my elbow for tendinitis, and a tear in my bicep and shoulder. They do work, you’ll probably need a series of 2, maybe 3 shots for full healing. I started noticing the difference in a week.

|

11/5/2020 6:15 PM

PBR might work better for pain.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

11/5/2020 6:26 PM

Electro21 wrote:

I have a partially torn rotator cuff not bad enough for surgery, Dr suggested PRP therapy where they draw blood from you, ...more

Just curious exactly what is torn since there are several muscles, tendons, and ligaments, and nerves in the shoulder?

Did they do an MRI?

|

11/5/2020 7:10 PM

mx317 wrote:

PBR + CBD for best results.

|

11/5/2020 7:21 PM

mx317 wrote:

Haha. I’ve been on medication similar. I home brew. It hasn’t helped.

|

11/5/2020 7:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/5/2020 7:27 PM

Electro21 wrote:

I have a partially torn rotator cuff not bad enough for surgery, Dr suggested PRP therapy where they draw blood from you, ...more

rogers wrote:

Just curious exactly what is torn since there are several muscles, tendons, and ligaments, and nerves in the shoulder?

Did ...more

They used ultra sound and it showed a partially torn rotator cuff. It’s hard to get an MRI, I don’t recall the fancy name he said. He showed me the problem areas with the ultra sound. I’m active duty Army and it takes months to get one. My knee was reconstructed in 1997 and pretty jacked up from being in the Army since 2004. I doubt it will help with the knee.

|

11/5/2020 7:24 PM

mx317 wrote:

crowe660 wrote:

PBR + CBD for best results.

Unfortunately CBD is not allowed for me.

|

11/6/2020 8:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2020 8:46 AM

soopah noviss wrote:

Growth hormones?

Electro21 wrote:

GH isn't a good suggestion at all. While GH can grow good cells, it can also grow bad(pre-cancerous) cells just the same.

|

United States of America

11/6/2020 10:18 AM

soopah noviss wrote:

Growth hormones?

Electro21 wrote:

Camp332 wrote:

GH isn't a good suggestion at all. While GH can grow good cells, it can also grow bad(pre-cancerous) cells just the same.

i want to live the best life i can while im on earth.. what can i say...

if it takes me out some day.. then so be it. but my body is my temple too.. so i take precautions.

|

11/6/2020 3:26 PM

soopah noviss wrote:

Growth hormones?

Electro21 wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it your doctor isn't going to prescribe you hgh.

|

11/6/2020 7:02 PM

soopah noviss wrote:

Growth hormones?

Electro21 wrote:

Chris_Buehler wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it your doctor isn't going to prescribe you hgh.

I know, I was joking. We get randomly drug tested. If it was prescribed I would be fine, but I know he wouldn’t prescribe it.

|

11/7/2020 5:50 AM

8tensolutions wrote:

PRP in the states has been hit or miss at best. Most people report the issues returning. If you want real stem cell, you need ...more

I just got back from Medellin, Colombia where they do the "real" mesenchymal stem cells. I also called the place in Panama to get a quote and from my understanding is they only did IV infusion of stem cells. The place in Colombia did IV infusion and direct injection into my knees and shoulders. Its expensive but totally worth it.

|

11/7/2020 7:28 AM

8tensolutions wrote:

PRP in the states has been hit or miss at best. Most people report the issues returning. If you want real stem cell, you need ...more

Drfletcher wrote:

I just got back from Medellin, Colombia where they do the "real" mesenchymal stem cells. I also called the place in Panama to ...more

[url=https://www.cellmedicine.com/stem-cell-treatments-frequently-asked-questions/]

|

11/7/2020 1:28 PM

8tensolutions wrote:

Drfletcher wrote:

I just got back from Medellin, Colombia where they do the "real" mesenchymal stem cells. I also called the place in Panama to ...more

Out of my price range and I wouldn’t be able to travel there to get it. I hope it works out for you! Knee and shoulder pain is bitch to deal with.

|

11/7/2020 4:52 PM

Had PRP for my knee in december of 2016.

Single most painful thing i've ever experienced and did nothing for me. Cost me $$$$ out of pocket for it too.

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

11/7/2020 6:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2020 7:55 PM

SeaClassExpert wrote:

Single most painful thing i've ever experienced and did nothing for me. Cost me $$$$ ...more

Yep. PRP is almost useless because it's your 30, 40 or whatever year old cells. The umbilical cord cells regenerate about 1000 times faster and just eat up the bad stuff.

|

11/7/2020 7:02 PM

SeaClassExpert wrote:

Single most painful thing i've ever experienced and did nothing for me. Cost me $$$$ ...more

Not what I wanted to hear. Lol. I’ll probably forgo the knee, but will probably still do the shoulder. I heard it hurts pretty bad. It won’t cost me though.

|