Anyone take over the counter meds for focus?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/12/2019 9:38 AM

I was diagnosed border line ADD probably 10yrs ago, I tried some of the RX's but the side effects weren't worth it. Some made me lethargic, others made me very aggressive so I stopped taking them all together. Curious if anyone has found something natural to take to help with focus? I struggle during races with getting bored, I know that sounds crazy but I do. I can focus for short stints but during a race majority of the time I feel like I'm in auto pilot. I don't race MX anymore, I race off-road so my races are 2 + hours.

|

4/12/2019 9:48 AM

Try CBD oil?

|

4/12/2019 9:51 AM

I’m taking Eye Caps. Does that count?tongue

|

4/12/2019 9:54 AM

I have never taken them but I have heard good results from various nootropics. Would be worth doing the research on it as to its correlation with ADD. I'd imagine it would help. I'd also look into that and maybe also check out cbd's. I take GABA and cbd sometimes but I haven't dipped into nootropics. Haven't had a reason too.

|

4/12/2019 9:57 AM

psg119 wrote:

I have never taken them but I have heard good results from various nootropics. Would be worth doing the research on it as to its correlation with ADD. I'd imagine it would help. I'd also look into that and maybe also check out cbd's. I take GABA and cbd sometimes but I haven't dipped into nootropics. Haven't had a reason too.

I'll look into those, thanks.

|

4/12/2019 10:06 AM

Caffeine.

|

4/12/2019 10:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2019 10:49 AM

I Think i have Add ive always had a Hard time paying attention, especially to Reading things i wasn't interested in in school, i know everyone feels that way to some extent but like i couldn't get myself to stay focused even if i wanted to my mind would wonder , i tried adderall and i literally felt nothing from it. Im not Adhd im not hyper at all
Im Very calm, but i felt no change at all so i only took it for a couple weeks and stopped because why keep taking it right.
My reaction to it Seems like an unusual response though
Other people seem to get different reactions it seems.
I havent Tried CBD.

|

4/12/2019 10:46 AM

psg119 wrote:

I have never taken them but I have heard good results from various nootropics. Would be worth doing the research on it as to its correlation with ADD. I'd imagine it would help. I'd also look into that and maybe also check out cbd's. I take GABA and cbd sometimes but I haven't dipped into nootropics. Haven't had a reason too.

sam hain wrote:

I'll look into those, thanks.

No problem. Good Luck.

|

4/12/2019 11:05 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

I Think i have Add ive always had a Hard time paying attention, especially to Reading things i wasn't interested in in school, i know everyone feels that way to some extent but like i couldn't get myself to stay focused even if i wanted to my mind would wonder , i tried adderall and i literally felt nothing from it. Im not Adhd im not hyper at all
Im Very calm, but i felt no change at all so i only took it for a couple weeks and stopped because why keep taking it right.
My reaction to it Seems like an unusual response though
Other people seem to get different reactions it seems.
I havent Tried CBD.

Just an FYI- If you felt zero effects that doesn’t mean you’re immune to amphetimine salts it just means your dosage was too low relative to your natural tolerance.

Trust me, if you were to pop a couple of 30mg IR’s you would feel it...

|

4/12/2019 11:07 AM

Marijuana(the right strains) is the only thing that doesnt give me horrible side effects. A toke, not bong rips. I have taken all different types of pills when i was young and it was terrible. I feel your pain.

|

4/12/2019 11:42 AM

Doddy wrote:

Marijuana(the right strains) is the only thing that doesnt give me horrible side effects. A toke, not bong rips. I have taken all different types of pills when i was young and it was terrible. I feel your pain.

This ^^ I don't condone getting blitzed and hitting the track by any means, but in my experience I focus a lot better on technique and whats happening in front of me when I take 1 or 2 hits. Old timers will probably say I'm full of shit, but try it.

|

4/12/2019 2:27 PM

CBD. It really helps. If I just drink caffeine, I just cannot stop overthinking everything in the bike..

Drinking a coffee and taking some CBD drops, makes me concentrate in the riding and no overthink it or think stupid scenarios while riding.

|

4/12/2019 3:02 PM

Getting blazed out of my head is usually when my best moments happen on the track, I haven’t smoked in about 4 months at all and have been having a tough time getting in “the zone” on the track, just haven’t felt inspired

|

4/12/2019 3:13 PM

I use CBD, it doesnt do anything at all for adhd. Calm the mind yes, adhd no. Maybe focus is a byproduct of not being so anxious..

|

4/12/2019 3:53 PM

Cannabis.

|

4/12/2019 3:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2019 3:55 PM

I started giving this cereal to my kids. It works great.


Photo

|

4/12/2019 4:11 PM

kb228 wrote:

I use CBD, it doesnt do anything at all for adhd. Calm the mind yes, adhd no. Maybe focus is a byproduct of not being so anxious..

So while calming your mind you are still restless while using CBD?

|

4/12/2019 4:12 PM

Is ADD even a real thing? I know they diagnose it regularly...but I've always been REALLY skeptical of this. A have a relative that supposedly ADD. He only brings it up when he has to do things he doesn't want to do. If he's doing things like video games or other things that he likes doing he's fine. Seems like it's a real friggin epidemic the past 15 years or so.

|

2017 CRF450r

4/12/2019 4:21 PM

kb228 wrote:

I use CBD, it doesnt do anything at all for adhd. Calm the mind yes, adhd no. Maybe focus is a byproduct of not being so anxious..

psg119 wrote:

So while calming your mind you are still restless while using CBD?

Cbd makes you less anxious physically and mentally. Hard to explain

|

4/12/2019 4:36 PM

kb228 wrote:

I use CBD, it doesnt do anything at all for adhd. Calm the mind yes, adhd no. Maybe focus is a byproduct of not being so anxious..

psg119 wrote:

So while calming your mind you are still restless while using CBD?

kb228 wrote:

Cbd makes you less anxious physically and mentally. Hard to explain

I get that, I was just wondering what symptoms of your ADHD you still feel the most while on CBDs. Genuinely asking.

|

4/12/2019 4:42 PM

Not over the counter but should look into Modafinil. Should help with your focus.

|

4/12/2019 4:50 PM

MOTO732 wrote:

Is ADD even a real thing? I know they diagnose it regularly...but I've always been REALLY skeptical of this. A have a relative that supposedly ADD. He only brings it up when he has to do things he doesn't want to do. If he's doing things like video games or other things that he likes doing he's fine. Seems like it's a real friggin epidemic the past 15 years or so.

It's probably overly diagnosed but ADD/ADHD have been linked to the brain not producing enough dopamine. I have a friend that has been diagnosed and you can clearly tell he was correctly diagnosed. He's 100mph nonstop. Sometimes even with his meds laughing

|

4/12/2019 4:53 PM

Doddy wrote:

Marijuana(the right strains) is the only thing that doesnt give me horrible side effects. A toke, not bong rips. I have taken all different types of pills when i was young and it was terrible. I feel your pain.

shredder23 wrote:

This ^^ I don't condone getting blitzed and hitting the track by any means, but in my experience I focus a lot better on technique and whats happening in front of me when I take 1 or 2 hits. Old timers will probably say I'm full of shit, but try it.

Personally, a hit or two really works for me to focus and ride loose. I don't condone it for all, but for the right person it may add that extra level of focus, imho.

|

4/12/2019 4:54 PM

The pot thing has been going on for a while. Photo

|

4/12/2019 5:02 PM

Im Very Calm not Hyper not 100 mph that would be noticeable to anyone else, but think a super lot to the point it makes it hard to stay focused on one thing, and i cant turn it off at night, i guess you could call it racing thoughts,
I take Ambien witch cures it as far as going to sleep, its like a light switch, take it and 10 minutes later asleep.
Ive been wondering if CBD would help.

|

4/12/2019 5:17 PM

psg119 wrote:

So while calming your mind you are still restless while using CBD?

kb228 wrote:

Cbd makes you less anxious physically and mentally. Hard to explain

psg119 wrote:

I get that, I was just wondering what symptoms of your ADHD you still feel the most while on CBDs. Genuinely asking.

I guess specifically, it doesnt keep you from switching tasks or losing focus All the time

|

4/12/2019 5:17 PM

ADD is fucking fake. It's an easily and grossly over diagnosed malady linked to pseudo science. It comes from an inability to focus supposedly. It comes and goes. Yet when people are mildly stressed it goes away or else they go into panic attacks because they're nervous. Focusing on the task or work at hand that can't supposedly be done by some is an excuse for not being forced to get done what needs to be done. These people are excused using this "medical" condition and allowed to simply not follow through. And it is to their detriment to not expect the result... and they call it ADD. All the drugs in the world won't correct was doesn't exist. Focusing is a learned trait based on completing a desired result that you want to occur. Know the final result that you can accomplish. The focus will automatically come.

|

2017 CRF450r

4/12/2019 6:52 PM

MOTO732 wrote:

ADD is fucking fake. It's an easily and grossly over diagnosed malady linked to pseudo science. It comes from an inability to focus supposedly. It comes and goes. Yet when people are mildly stressed it goes away or else they go into panic attacks because they're nervous. Focusing on the task or work at hand that can't supposedly be done by some is an excuse for not being forced to get done what needs to be done. These people are excused using this "medical" condition and allowed to simply not follow through. And it is to their detriment to not expect the result... and they call it ADD. All the drugs in the world won't correct was doesn't exist. Focusing is a learned trait based on completing a desired result that you want to occur. Know the final result that you can accomplish. The focus will automatically come.

Photo
|

4/12/2019 7:06 PM

Here's a small start, but I question whether anything can change the mind of someone who is entrenched in their opinions the way your silly statement makes it appear.

https://mcgovern.mit.edu/2014/06/10/inside-the-adult-adhd-brain/

|

4/12/2019 7:09 PM

689 wrote:

Not over the counter but should look into Modafinil. Should help with your focus.

Modafinil is a pretty strong stimulant that will increase your heart rate a bit and may give you other stimmy side effects like a dry mouth, it's good when you find the right dose and have a ton of work to do, but doing physical activity on it isn't very fun.

|