Anyone seen this?

scooter5002
Edited Date/Time 8/7/2013 8:03pm
This is some bullshit right here. Sounds like a desperate attempt to raise revenues for the jurisdiction. Pure bullshit.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/MIAMI-MOTOCROSS-PARK-IN-DANGER-…
|
gotwings
8/2/2013 10:25am
Just another instance of the man trying to ruin our good times...
slipdog
8/2/2013 10:26am
Can't be legal to demand that, right?
TX24
8/2/2013 10:32am
How can they spell a word wrong in the very first line ?
scooter5002
8/2/2013 10:34am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2013 10:34am
Hard to say slip, but play the game and force the track to hire a lawyer and go to court. In the mean time, get a court order "cease and desist" until the case comes up, or pay the said fee to MDFD. Break the track trying to provide a legal service. Or did Moto just become illegal in Miami F...L...A.? (I stole that from Lou Reed. If you have to ask...)

The Shop

shanhard
8/2/2013 10:34am
TX24 wrote:
How can they spell a word wrong in the very first line ?
Almost as bad as this thread title, isn't it? LOL
DownSouth
8/2/2013 10:40am
It appears that the track operates on Miami Dade County park land. It does seem unfair that the county made that demand but if you are on their land they probably get to make the rules.

I wonder why they had to make this change, did someone sue the county after an accident forcing the issue?
8/2/2013 10:49am
Hard to say slip, but play the game and force the track to hire a lawyer and go to court. In the mean time, get a...
Hard to say slip, but play the game and force the track to hire a lawyer and go to court. In the mean time, get a court order "cease and desist" until the case comes up, or pay the said fee to MDFD. Break the track trying to provide a legal service. Or did Moto just become illegal in Miami F...L...A.? (I stole that from Lou Reed. If you have to ask...)
Wow that a BS story. I wish I could make $208 an hour. I guess the paperwork that everyone signs as they come in doesn't mean anything? It sounds like they're trying to take the track into the back room and make them be the fire department's darlin'. (Lou Reed again)
scooter5002
8/2/2013 10:51am
DownSouth wrote:
It appears that the track operates on Miami Dade County park land. It does seem unfair that the county made that demand but if you are...
It appears that the track operates on Miami Dade County park land. It does seem unfair that the county made that demand but if you are on their land they probably get to make the rules.

I wonder why they had to make this change, did someone sue the county after an accident forcing the issue?
I considered that possibility, but why is it a problem now? Obviously more to the story, but it seems like the same old shit. Always someone to come along and piss on the parade.
whyZ
8/2/2013 3:01pm
Have everyone park on the track and race in the pits.
8/2/2013 6:43pm
Seems like extortion to me... what does the lease say? THen the city council will pass a lawy because of some stupid backroom connection like a councellor sells equipment to the firehouse.
MaxPower
8/3/2013 5:11am
DownSouth wrote:
It appears that the track operates on Miami Dade County park land. It does seem unfair that the county made that demand but if you are...

There must have been some stupid lawsuit in their recent past that happened and they are protecting themselves . RC16 didn't happen to ride this track did he?
That is a bad situation for any kind of dirt riding in South Florida. It's not like they any where to moto within hours of driving. [/b]
Melicar
8/3/2013 6:17am
I don't see a problem with requiring EMT's on site at all events if they control the the county land. I don't think it's right that they say it can only be their EMT services they use. Call it monopoly, call it extortion, or call it just plain Bullshit! What if all the other EMT providers in the area charge $108 per hour?
Jakes Dad
8/3/2013 6:52am
I believe a vet rider may have passed away riding there months back. And who knows where it went from there, I don't think it was anything to do with the family of the rider.

Post a reply to: Anyone seen this?

The Latest