Anyone riding this week? (UK)

Teejay
Fantasy
890th
4/1/2021 11:57pm
I went to Eddie’s on Wednesday, got my bike run in ready for racing next Sunday. Will more than likely go back this Wednesday, the tracks opened up and the sun came out, winner.
Mucktub
4/2/2021 5:20am
A last resort for me is Eddie's, although to give the guy his due he is always open and the enduro styled area is pretty fun.
4/2/2021 6:44am
Rode ironworks Tuesday for the first time. Awesome track that then went to moto 101 yesterday and bike started making a nice tapping sound from top end. Ktm 450 2018 with 19 hours on it. Checked cam chain tensioner this morning and tightened it up and the tapping nearly stopped but top end now coming off to check everything over. Was supposed to be racing in north east Saturday and practicing at Gale common Sunday😡😡
Mucktub
4/2/2021 8:32am
Sounds like you should've had your namesake, them Suzuki's don't wear out like that. Unlucky.

The Shop

Teejay
Fantasy
890th
4/2/2021 12:36pm
Mucktub wrote:
A last resort for me is Eddie's, although to give the guy his due he is always open and the enduro styled area is pretty fun.
I just go there in the week because usually you pretty much get the place to yourself, not a bad place to be. Riding for 20 mins then waiting an hour gets a bit annoying, wish everywhere still ran open track.
Mucktub
4/2/2021 12:58pm
Mucktub wrote:
Teejay wrote:
I just go there in the week because usually you pretty much get the place to yourself, not a bad place to be. Riding for 20...
I just go there in the week because usually you pretty much get the place to yourself, not a bad place to be. Riding for 20 mins then waiting an hour gets a bit annoying, wish everywhere still ran open track.
You're not wrong, open sessions are sorely missed. But its definitely safer to split the riders who can from the riders who can't. The last time I rode at Honda park (RIP) in Belgium I spent a lot of track time picking fallen kids up from under their bikes.
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
4/2/2021 1:11pm
Mucktub wrote:
Teejay wrote:
I just go there in the week because usually you pretty much get the place to yourself, not a bad place to be. Riding for 20...
Mucktub wrote:
You're not wrong, open sessions are sorely missed. But its definitely safer to split the riders who can from the riders who can't. The last time...
You're not wrong, open sessions are sorely missed. But its definitely safer to split the riders who can from the riders who can't. The last time I rode at Honda park (RIP) in Belgium I spent a lot of track time picking fallen kids up from under their bikes.
Yeah I’m all up for splitting kids and adults up, I do like just being able to turn up whenever though and ride however long I want, the private home track would be the dream 😄
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
4/2/2021 1:31pm
The only thing standing in my way is the travel ban,

And the money.
Mucktub
4/4/2021 3:34am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2021 3:35am
Doncaster Moto parc yesterday, a good day had by all, good to get back on the bike and taking the piss with the mates. Track was in prime condition, weather was fine and the right hand did some twisting.

There is one downside though, aching like fuck today. 🤪
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
4/4/2021 7:38am
Mucktub wrote:
Doncaster Moto parc yesterday, a good day had by all, good to get back on the bike and taking the piss with the mates. Track was...
Doncaster Moto parc yesterday, a good day had by all, good to get back on the bike and taking the piss with the mates. Track was in prime condition, weather was fine and the right hand did some twisting.

There is one downside though, aching like fuck today. 🤪
Nice one sounds a good day, was it busy? Plenty of track time?
Mucktub
4/4/2021 8:55am
I did 4 sessions and my son did 5. So I think that is fair enough.
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
4/4/2021 10:04am
Sounds a winner then mate 👍🏼
luke11
Fantasy
2280th
4/5/2021 4:34am
Went to sherwood yesterday, feeling it today!
Wasn’t expecting the track to get that rough, looked much smoother on the vids I’d watched from last year.
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
4/5/2021 4:52am
luke11 wrote:
Wasn’t expecting the track to get that rough, looked much smoother on the vids I’d watched from last year.
Nice 👍🏼 How do you find out when sherwood is open? It’s only about 15 mins from where I live, we used to race there all the time but never been to a practice day there.
4/5/2021 8:04am
luke11 wrote:
Teejay wrote:
Nice 👍🏼 How do you find out when sherwood is open? It’s only about 15 mins from where I live, we used to race there all...
Nice 👍🏼 How do you find out when sherwood is open? It’s only about 15 mins from where I live, we used to race there all the time but never been to a practice day there.
Whiterose Mxc on Facebook mate. The guy that runs the club has taken over sherwood so puts on practice days now and again. YMSA are racing there soon as well
J2s
4/5/2021 11:20am
My lad got arm pump last session slide off the back lucky going up the bridge at mildenhall
Couldn’t shut the throttle he said bruised cut sore
But all good bar the bike bent the bolt holding handle bar mount to clamp and the hole top mount for the bars and knocked a bit out of the composhit subframe !
Sidecar
4/5/2021 1:36pm
We rode Daventry today, was freezing cold (snow on the journey this morning) and wet early on but dried up later and was very good, we have about 15 tracks within an hour so very lucky, some better than others...
4/25/2021 10:57am
If you had to choose between Doncaster Moto Park & Fatcats, which one is a better more fun track to ride?

Iv never been to either & can only fit one into my schedule in a few weeks time
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
4/25/2021 2:40pm
If you had to choose between Doncaster Moto Park & Fatcats, which one is a better more fun track to ride? Iv never been to either...
If you had to choose between Doncaster Moto Park & Fatcats, which one is a better more fun track to ride?

Fat cats race track is awesome, the practice track is good if you like whooped out sand, heavy going. DMP is Sandy top with hard base with some fun jumps, good day out at either. I’m going to fatcats a week Wednesday so maybe see you there if you’re going.
Mucktub
4/25/2021 2:59pm
It's worth saying that at Fatcats unless there is an actual race meeting on, the race track becomes the practice track. Both DMP and Fatcats tracks are good, well prepped. If there is any criticism of Fatcats, it's when either my wife or daughter come with us they always say the toilets are terrible. Luckily enough for me I've not needed to use them. This may not apply to but there you go.
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
4/26/2021 12:15am
Just to add, looks like DMP are going to be doing days on a Thursday with no kids, longer sessions and an ungraded track. Great if you like it a bit more like race conditions.
4/26/2021 5:31am
If you had to choose between Doncaster Moto Park & Fatcats, which one is a better more fun track to ride? Iv never been to either...

Teejay wrote:
Fat cats race track is awesome, the practice track is good if you like whooped out sand, heavy going. DMP is Sandy top with hard base...
Fat cats race track is awesome, the practice track is good if you like whooped out sand, heavy going. DMP is Sandy top with hard base with some fun jumps, good day out at either. I’m going to fatcats a week Wednesday so maybe see you there if you’re going.
Thanks for the tips!!

Here’s my plan so far.
Sun 16th May Clayshant scotland
Wed 19th Either Cheddar or Chippenham
Sat 22nd Apex
Sun 23rd Fatcat or Doncaster
Then head back for the boat & home to Northern Ireland.

Anyone rate Cheddar vrs Chippenham?
OtotheB178
4/26/2021 6:05am

Teejay wrote:
Fat cats race track is awesome, the practice track is good if you like whooped out sand, heavy going. DMP is Sandy top with hard base...
Thanks for the tips!! Here’s my plan so far. Sun 16th May Clayshant scotland Wed 19th Either Cheddar or Chippenham Sat 22nd Apex Sun 23rd Fatcat...
Thanks for the tips!!

Here’s my plan so far.
Sat 22nd Apex

Cheddar is my local track, well that and MP46. I'm guessing you mean wildtrax for the chippenham track?
4/26/2021 6:11am
Teejay wrote:
Thanks for the tips!! Here’s my plan so far. Sun 16th May Clayshant scotland Wed 19th Either Cheddar or Chippenham Sat 22nd Apex Sun 23rd Fatcat...
Thanks for the tips!!

Here’s my plan so far.
Sat 22nd Apex

OtotheB178 wrote:
Cheddar is my local track, well that and MP46. I'm guessing you mean wildtrax for the chippenham track?
Yes wildtrax. One of the boys from here said Cheddar was the best hardpack track he’s ever rode! So im guessin its better than wildtrax. Is MP46 open on Tuesday or Thursday?
OtotheB178
4/26/2021 6:14am
Thanks for the tips!!

Here’s my plan so far.
Sat 22nd Apex

OtotheB178 wrote:
Yes wildtrax. One of the boys from here said Cheddar was the best hardpack track he’s ever rode! So im guessin its better than wildtrax. Is...
Yes wildtrax. One of the boys from here said Cheddar was the best hardpack track he’s ever rode! So im guessin its better than wildtrax. Is MP46 open on Tuesday or Thursday?
Cheddar is good, it's consistent. Some days you get some absolutely mega ruts out there!
i'm not sure about MP46 as the bloke running the track (top bloke as well) has been met with some resistance by the land owner so i think they're trying to iron that out. If you can find a chance to fit Cusses Gorse in i would advise that! It's nicknamed Mini-Matterley and is well worth the visit.
4/26/2021 6:24am
OtotheB178 wrote:
Yes wildtrax. One of the boys from here said Cheddar was the best hardpack track he’s ever rode! So im guessin its better than wildtrax. Is...
OtotheB178 wrote:
Cheddar is good, it's consistent. Some days you get some absolutely mega ruts out there! i'm not sure about MP46 as the bloke running the track...
Cheddar is good, it's consistent. Some days you get some absolutely mega ruts out there!
i'm not sure about MP46 as the bloke running the track (top bloke as well) has been met with some resistance by the land owner so i think they're trying to iron that out. If you can find a chance to fit Cusses Gorse in i would advise that! It's nicknamed Mini-Matterley and is well worth the visit.
Just checked Cusses Gorse. It looks amazing!! How come its only open Sundays? Surely a track like that would be rammed & make a fortune with mid week motos
4/26/2021 6:38am
I thought I'd post this here because it's in the realms of the bizarre compared to what I've ever seen and might be worth looking into for some people that are nearer - but on the weekend before last I travelled from north Norfolk to Wednesbury, and man I have never seen so many MX tracks along the side of the road! (primarily the M6 if memory serves). Literally less than a 100 yrds along the side of the road - track after track, after track every 20 or 30 mins, both sides... Not necessarily that big, probably in the realms of 50 sec lap times but normal width, proper built table tops/obstacles etc, terrain were all hard pack. I guess being so close to a road like that noise is a non issue. They looked like public tracks too as the pits were full with the usual vans and trailers etc. I counted about 5 tracks in total. Looked like MX heaven and as I said totally bizarre and out the blue... It was a beautiful sunny day and I'm currently bikeless - so that made it sting all the worse.
OtotheB178
4/26/2021 6:59am
OtotheB178 wrote:
Cheddar is good, it's consistent. Some days you get some absolutely mega ruts out there! i'm not sure about MP46 as the bloke running the track...
Just checked Cusses Gorse. It looks amazing!! How come its only open Sundays? Surely a track like that would be rammed & make a fortune with...
Just checked Cusses Gorse. It looks amazing!! How come its only open Sundays? Surely a track like that would be rammed & make a fortune with mid week motos
I'm not sure if it's down to Planning or what....It's run by Justin Barclay who was the MXGP track builder for a good few years. If you can time it to get to it i would. it's a really fun track.
4/26/2021 7:58am
Thanks for the tips!!

Here’s my plan so far.
Sat 22nd Apex

Cheddar doesn’t open mid week very often so worth checking before you plan. Mildenhall (near chippenham) is open every Tuesday and Thursday.

Post a reply to: Anyone riding this week? (UK)

The Latest