Anyone raced the Walton TransCan?

49weasel
Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 7:11am
Just curious if it's worth racing for a 30+ racer?
|
5/11/2016 7:26pm
i raced it back on superminis, which would be about 5 years ago or so. having raced lorettas, been to mini o's etc, the trans can was one of my favorite events I've ever participated in. the atmosphere at a Canadian motocross event is so laid back and fun. i definitely would recommend it
5/11/2016 7:41pm
You will have to wait a year for feedback because the race is going under some changes this year. It is not the CMRC amateur national anymore. Still organized by the same team though, but it may not be the same as in years past.

The CMRC amateur nationals will be held in Quebec this year.
49weasel
5/12/2016 6:32am
I raced Loretta's in 14 and really didn't enjoy the racing aspect of it. The Walton track looks way better than LL's track.
When I looked at the results it didn't look like a lot of people showed.
Do any of you know how the Vet classes work ?

d4perf
5/12/2016 6:46am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 6:46am
for the vet classes you prob don't even need to do the qualifiers.
show up and ride. Id call first thought to see.. vet master (A/ b) should have spots. vet JR (C) is sometimes full gate.
to guarantee a spot, do a qualifier .
awesome track. yes there are changes this year, but, like someone said... it'll prob be better than ever...

The Shop

sybro
5/12/2016 6:49am
All the info is on here http://waltontranscan.ca/

If you don't go and do a qualifier, I suggest you register as soon as possible as gate pick for first moto goes like this:
- Qualified rider fist
- Then it's first come first serve

it will be as good or bigger because of the no-membership will open the doors for racers of other organization that did not want to pay the 150$ CMRC membership for just one race like it was the previous years
scooter5002
5/12/2016 6:52am
Haven't been since 03, had enough of the CMRC bullshit by then, so things may have changed. However, you should race a qualifier, to be sure you can get in. It was close to being impossible to get in back then, with so many guys racing. Then again, maybe a lot are like me, and have had enough. As far as the track itself, it has always been a Euro style track, with obstacles thrown in. So, if you're into racing real MX, and not some SX piece of shit on flat ground, for an MX title, then Walton is a great track. It usually rains at least one day every year, and the track becomes an absolute nightmare. 200 pounds of mud hanging off your bike, and all the fun that comes with riding in that, and getting it off the bike. Still, if you've never been, it will be a good time. Once you get tired of the CMRC, the luster wears off. I'd heard of more negative changes from a couple of friends that went after I stopped, and it didn't sound any better.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
5/12/2016 7:11am
Great track, and facility.

Post a reply to: Anyone raced the Walton TransCan?

The Latest