(Edit: apologies to the people I've offended by calling Redbud a sand track)Anyone know why Redbud became a sand(IER) track?

dboivin
10/11/2018 7:09am
Been adding sand for years on years on years. This isn’t a mxgp conspiracy.....but I’m sure most people bitching have never even raced at redbud. So...
Been adding sand for years on years on years. This isn’t a mxgp conspiracy.....but I’m sure most people bitching have never even raced at redbud. So there’s that. Quit bitching.
raced red bud my whole life, wet and dry. that track was way different than any previous weekend i've ever seen there. i dont really care tho, everyone had to ride the same track.

RG1
10/11/2018 7:19am
The sand was really the only thing that stopped it being a complete disaster. We ended up with a track that was pretty raceable and I really don't think that would have been the case had the prep been the same as it normally would have been at Red Bud
KDXGarage
10/12/2018 1:11am
So the dirt got washed away and left sand? Six of one, half a dozen of another. The track WAS different. Maybe the racers who had been on it before were worried about it, but it looks like most of the ones who had never been there before did not know the difference and got on with the job at hand. This would somewhat also cover anyone who watched just this race and not this year's AMA race. Also, consider that many AMA fans have watched the AMA race for 5 years, 10 years, 20?
Robgvx
10/12/2018 2:14am Edited Date/Time 10/12/2018 2:17am
KDXGarage wrote:
My reaction to the first pic: "Is that the fucking track?" Thank you for the pics. For anyone on the planet that has watched the Red...
My reaction to the first pic: "Is that the fucking track?" Thank you for the pics.

For anyone on the planet that has watched the Red Bud summer race countless times, have you EVER seen it look like that?

For anyone that watches both MXGP and the USA AMA MX series, you should have quickly realized how that terrain was an advantage for MXGP guys vs. AMA guys.
Rs444 wrote:
Doesnt matter. Even the european guys in the AMA who grew up in sand and mud was far of the phase and if the american riders...
Doesnt matter. Even the european guys in the AMA who grew up in sand and mud was far of the phase and if the american riders only can win on dry hardpacked tracks then its obvious that they are surpassed when mx is all about being well rounded and being able to go fast regardless of condition. And even without this being a factor the fact still remains that even tho the track conditions probably suited american riders the best the 3 americans that rode all have a reputation of being good mud riders and barcia knows how to ride sand as he showed in lommel where he won the Open overall and with tomac riding a lot of deep sand at home and regardless of how soft it was the ama riders was still the Only ones who have ridden the track before and the americans had an even bigger advantage being at home.
Barcia was 4th overall in the open class at Lommel, behind Herlings, Leok and deDycker

Baggett was 2nd in MX2 and Dungey 5th in MXGP

The Shop

63mark
10/12/2018 2:29am
MB19 wrote:
I didn't imply anything. I never said they didn't do a great job prepping the track. I was just wondered why they did it. Do you...
I didn't imply anything. I never said they didn't do a great job prepping the track. I was just wondered why they did it. Do you know for a fact they did it because of the weather because that's a lot of work to do in a week or so. I should know better to ask a simple question on vital. It's like your vultures waiting to attack anything and everything.
Laughing my ass off here. Alot of work to do in a week? They make the whole track at Assen within a week....
63mark
10/12/2018 2:31am
Best riders in the world shouldn't be complaining about the surface....
captmoto
10/12/2018 7:21pm
TerryK wrote:
Damned right they made it more euro friendly. Its the FIM and the FIM cares little about the US.
Why should they care about 1 country over any other?
cbuehler767
10/12/2018 9:33pm
You've never ridden a sand track if you think that was a sand track
G-man
1/1/2019 3:43pm
Happy New Year! Cool
dboivin
1/1/2019 3:49pm
i've raced, visited and watched on tv...30 years of red bud. the track at the Nations race looked (watched on tv)....nothing like the track i love. people can say what they want...the track was weird that day....albeit it coulda been with the efforts to keep it from going complete mudder.
drt410
1/1/2019 5:08pm
Old thread let er die... why bump this

Post a reply to: (Edit: apologies to the people I've offended by calling Redbud a sand track)Anyone know why Redbud became a sand(IER) track?

The Latest