Anyone know the deal with Starwest?

psg119
Was driving around for work the other day and thought I'd drive by Starwest to check it out and it was almost completely leveled. Did the housing around it finally get it shut down? Or not enough business? May have been discussed already but I couldn't find anything in the search engine. It wasn't the best track anyways but grew up riding there so it was kind of a bummer seeing that!
|
8/14/2018 5:09pm
I heard there’s taxes owed secured against it back from the Malcolm McCassy days and the land owner wants whoever takes on the lease to pay it so Richard who had it last walked on it and no one else has taken it on.

Wasn’t Nitro Circus training compound there?
Moto96
8/14/2018 5:39pm
109 wrote:
I heard there’s taxes owed secured against it back from the Malcolm McCassy days and the land owner wants whoever takes on the lease to pay...
I heard there’s taxes owed secured against it back from the Malcolm McCassy days and the land owner wants whoever takes on the lease to pay it so Richard who had it last walked on it and no one else has taken it on.

Same Malcolm McCassey that bombed the US MXDN in 2002 or whatever it was?
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
8/14/2018 6:11pm
109 wrote:
I heard there’s taxes owed secured against it back from the Malcolm McCassy days and the land owner wants whoever takes on the lease to pay...

Moto96 wrote:
Yup

The Shop

Jack_4196
Fantasy
3328th
8/15/2018 6:23am
Just out of curiosity what did Malcom have to do with star west or mxon??
8/15/2018 8:30am
Jack_4196 wrote:
Just out of curiosity what did Malcom have to do with star west or mxon??
He ran the track and had the lease on the land. He was the promoter for the MXoN.
psg119
8/15/2018 8:49am
109 wrote:

That makes sense... wouldn't the taxes be against the owner and not the renter though? Doesn't make any sense to me for him to try to put that on someone else.

I just watched the video and you're right it was. They were actually the ones that knocked down the track haha
bradmx421
8/15/2018 11:52am
109 wrote:

Moto96 wrote:
Let's make it clear that it was Malcolm McCassey Sr. and not Jr who had nothing to do with it.

Starwest has been leveled for awhile now. The Fairgrounds are very hard to deal with but im not sure on any of the details of the reasons behind closing. I know the fairgrounds are hard to deal with because one of my good friends owned the skatepark that was on the fairgrounds and i got to hear all the horror storys.

The fairgrounds are now the training facility for Nitro Circus and have their megaramps and airbag setups there for the SoCal riders to train and practice on.

Post a reply to: Anyone know the deal with Starwest?

The Latest