Anyone here ride at Carolina Adventure World?

Alec138
Wondering if anyone who rides out there goes to CAW or used to? Looking to maybe go back there....

I heard they upped their prices and management sucks now...? Last time we went we stayed in a cabin for the weekend and rode bikes and had 1 quad. The cabin was decent sized but the beds were super uncomfortable and the shower in the bathroom was built for a midget or a child. I also noticed A LOT of "drinking and riding" going on with the ATV/SxS groups. Has this stopped? I also remember some of them being bad at riding 3-4 wide on the service roads either direction causing MANY "near miss" accidents for everyone. I remember a lot of the trails being shutdown or blocked off.... have they added anymore single track or general trails to the place?

What are your guys opinion on it? Is it worth going back to after a year 1/2 not being back? We constantly ride brushy/brown hard trails and just wanting some super fast stuff to ride for a weekend.....
|
1/4/2019 3:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2019 3:29pm
I’m curious about this too, used to ride at TNT all the time when it was around and when it shut down I thought about checking out CAW. Never went as I mostly ride tracks and I heard theirs was pretty bad, and was always under the impression that the place was geared more toward quad guys.

Some of my friends were thinking about going and renting bikes to see if they’d dig riding but I’m always skeptical about if it’s worth the trip.
Alec138
1/4/2019 3:26pm
I’m curious about this too, used to ride at TNT all the time when it was around and when it shut down I thought about checking...
I’m curious about this too, used to ride at TNT all the time when it was around and when it shut down I thought about checking out CAW. Never went as I mostly ride tracks and I heard theirs was pretty bad, and was always under the impression that the place was geared more toward quad guys.

Some of my friends were thinking about going and renting bikes to see if they’d dig riding but I’m always skeptical about if it’s worth the trip.
We have been loads of times. Just the last 2 years we have not been back. The track sucked back then, the rental bikes were junk and super expensive as well. Reason I want a update because I hoped they fixed it all....
1/4/2019 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2019 3:43pm
I've only been a couple times and that was probably 5yrs ago; and I only went during the week when it was mostly empty (to avoid the "case of Budweiser strapped to the bike" demographic of which you speak. Sounds like it's still business as usual down there...

If you're going to go that far down 77, you might as well keep going all the way to GTR in Columbia SC (used to be MotoVated)... They've got trails and recently hosted a hare scramble. Warning: hope you like sand whoops lol... Miles and miles of them haha... but still wayyy better than the shitshow at CAW

Man I sure do miss TNT.. It was no ClubMX, and Miss Barbara couldn't always afford to keep the tracks fully prepped all the time, but there truly was something for everyone there. Probably rolled through those gates at least 100 times... lots of great memories.. RIP Miss Barbara!
BobbyLight
1/4/2019 3:55pm
Haven’t been to caw yet, but GTR is really nice just sandy.

How is brushy mtn? Still haven’t been even though Im located so close to it.

The Shop

rshelbygt
1/4/2019 4:08pm
I was a season pass holder at CAW for many years. Many hours on the trails there (the track was terrible...and TNT was just up the road if I wanted track time). Prices are too high currently, in my opinion. The single track areas are fun...but limited. The other trails are fun as well...just too many close calls with folks drinking beer on ATV/UTV’s and going the wrong way on one-way trails. One morning I literally packed up and went home 30 minutes after getting there since I was run off the trail three times by wrong-way ATV riders. Not cool.

If you can stomach the entry cost and stick to the motorcycle-only single track, you will have a good time. I just prefer to drive a bit further to ride the trails at Enoree for $5.00. Too bad the those trails are closed until April.
1/4/2019 4:19pm
Best bet might be to just make the haul to Durhamtown... oh and FYI just in case, Brown Mtn is closed at the moment due to the gov't shutdown stuff
mtl
1/4/2019 4:36pm
Rode CAW a lot between 2009 and 2013. The outdoor MX track was never taken care of but was an amazing layout. I rode it anyway because of the flow. IT also had a sweet tower to watch folks ride. Although I was usually the only one riding and did have idiots on quads hop on off the trails and go the wrong way.

Stayed away from the trails and the like for the reasons stated above. If they put some effort into the MX track they cold generate a lot of revenue as it's a really great track.
Alec138
1/4/2019 5:14pm
Best bet might be to just make the haul to Durhamtown... oh and FYI just in case, Brown Mtn is closed at the moment due to...
Best bet might be to just make the haul to Durhamtown... oh and FYI just in case, Brown Mtn is closed at the moment due to the gov't shutdown stuff
Brown is closed till march every year. I pray they fix the damn 4x4 trail to get to the parking lot lol. The main trail also is horrible after the 1st month. Its like a boulder field. Other than that brown is fun given you have the extra cash for tires after about 5 trips....
1/4/2019 7:37pm
CAW is a waste of time & money for any bikes. Everything is twoway, high priced, trails all jacked up and no where near maintained. No such thing as a moto track, unless you consider washed out blind areas with huge rocks in the way. Not even a clean good layout. The single track is so over grown with face slappers it's impossible to ride at any pace. It's a great place for side by sides and quads but that's it. Anyone on a bike that goes there is either new to riding or doesn't know all the spots to go.
lumpy790
1/5/2019 3:57am
Wish I could say something good about CAW. TNT was 1000x better.

After not going there for about 5 or 6 years went back a couple years ago to see if it had gotten better. CAW has always been ATV oriented and now UTV’s have taken over. The MX track has a ton of blind jumps and sucks. The old vintage track was pretty good but its long gone. The woods is pretty much follow the ATV rut.

I wish it could be better its 45 min from me.

Post a reply to: Anyone here ride at Carolina Adventure World?

The Latest