Anyone here get PSP for injury recovery? (platelet rich plasma)

Benihana225
12/20/2018 6:15am Edited Date/Time 12/20/2018 6:16am
Jterry wrote:
The couple places that I have contacted it was $5000 for using your own stem cells. So if this place is half that it would be...
The couple places that I have contacted it was $5000 for using your own stem cells. So if this place is half that it would be worth the 9 hour drive. The closest place to me that does it is in Atl which is only 3.5 hours away.

I cant ever get the pm's to work on here but my if you want to send me one with your info when I call them I use you as a reference. Thanks
Jterry
12/20/2018 6:50am
Jterry wrote:
The couple places that I have contacted it was $5000 for using your own stem cells. So if this place is half that it would be...
The couple places that I have contacted it was $5000 for using your own stem cells. So if this place is half that it would be worth the 9 hour drive. The closest place to me that does it is in Atl which is only 3.5 hours away.

I cant ever get the pm's to work on here but my if you want to send me one with your info when I call them I use you as a reference. Thanks
Drfletcher wrote:
I have spoken with Georgia Bone and Joint in Cartersville, GA. Dr. Andrew Riddle did my second shoulder surgery after the first ortho botched it and...
I have spoken with Georgia Bone and Joint in Cartersville, GA. Dr. Andrew Riddle did my second shoulder surgery after the first ortho botched it and he is giving me a price of $2,500 for the umbilical cord blood stem cell injection. After doing some research, it seems that the cord blood stem cells have the highest potency factor. I'm leaning towards not doing the knee surgery since the VA doesn't seem to think it will help much and just opt for the stem cell injection.
Thanks I'm going to check them out. I cant believe no one in Alabama offers this yet.
Drfletcher
12/20/2018 7:38am
Do you happen to know where they are getting the stem cells from? And the CC they are recommending injecting?
I don't know the name of the pharma company providing the stem cells. I do know and trust the ortho and when I find out more info after the 1st, I will post it if anyone is interested.
Hammer 663s
12/20/2018 3:00pm
I did some reading on this since both I and my wife have varied knee issues, sports injury and age related. My insurer Aetna doesn't cover it at all. They have a large Clinical Policy Document explaining why. It has some 85 referenced studies. Some showed positive results, and many did not. Interesting how many different things PRP is used for - scoliosis, uretha issues(!), cerebal palsy even. They even talk about PRP with stem cell blends.

A lot of the provider web sites look like they could be selling hair or penis enlargement. Hard to tell if it's a scam to separate the consumer from their $$$ or if it's a real deal. Nobody claims permanent fix - 9-12 months and you'll need it again seems to be the theme. At $1200 a pop that adds up.

I guess I'll just get scoped again, clean out the crap, and keep riding till it's toast.

Hammer

The Shop

Dobson110
Fantasy
31st
12/21/2018 5:10am
Jrewing wrote:
Excellent news. In Oz mine was covered with free healthcare. I, through luck, had one our top sports doctors on it. He learnt it in Europe...
Excellent news. In Oz mine was covered with free healthcare. I, through luck, had one our top sports doctors on it. He learnt it in Europe as the doctors of the huge soccer clubs were pioneering it. My knee was so bad I had people using me for medical studies. They’d tried lots of different experimental things but no results. Like you, my response was pretty quick and enabled me to do correct rehab without reinflammation.
What was the doctor and where was he located? Thanks
Drfletcher
12/21/2018 5:29am
I did some reading on this since both I and my wife have varied knee issues, sports injury and age related. My insurer Aetna doesn't cover...
I did some reading on this since both I and my wife have varied knee issues, sports injury and age related. My insurer Aetna doesn't cover it at all. They have a large Clinical Policy Document explaining why. It has some 85 referenced studies. Some showed positive results, and many did not. Interesting how many different things PRP is used for - scoliosis, uretha issues(!), cerebal palsy even. They even talk about PRP with stem cell blends.

A lot of the provider web sites look like they could be selling hair or penis enlargement. Hard to tell if it's a scam to separate the consumer from their $$$ or if it's a real deal. Nobody claims permanent fix - 9-12 months and you'll need it again seems to be the theme. At $1200 a pop that adds up.

I guess I'll just get scoped again, clean out the crap, and keep riding till it's toast.

Hammer
There is a big difference between PRP and Stem Cells.
Hammer 663s
12/21/2018 8:44am
I did some reading on this since both I and my wife have varied knee issues, sports injury and age related. My insurer Aetna doesn't cover...

Hammer
Drfletcher wrote:
There is a big difference between PRP and Stem Cells.
Yeah, there is, and I understand it. Neither are covered by my insurance as both are considered unproven. Of course insurance is super conservative to help reduce their costs and be more profitable.

There's a guy down the street from me that will inject PRP, Stem cells, and AmsOil if you want. Supposed to be the best combo. Full synthetic only tho. Dino oil bad for the ACL I hear.
12/27/2018 4:03am
I've had about five cortisone shots in my wrist. First one was absolute magic, the second one was good, the third one mediocre and the last two were completely useless.
Im now in some form of a study/trial with PRP-injections and I've had two so far with little to no recognizable effect other than the horrible pain during the injections.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
12/27/2018 2:54pm
whats this about injections making body parts bigger? im asking for a friend.Whistling
brocster
12/27/2018 4:28pm
Keep in mind that I am talking about PRP and not stem cells as they are different as are their costs and as I said earlier it hasn’t worked for everyone but this far has worked for me and was worth every penny. I will go in for a second injection in a few weeks.

My Dr mentioned that it could wear or off or it could not. From what I can tell is that it has given me the relief to fully rehab my ankle in the interim in which I am hoping will aid in the permanent recovery or very close to it. Good luck to whoever else may be considering.
brocster
3/9/2019 7:20am
Update: waited for the first round of pain management and recovery to plateau before deciding to go in for a second treatment. My ankle had recovered to about 80% total when I envision the max being 85-90% with all the hardware I hace in there. After the first treatment my pain and mobility had gotten about 70% better than it was and plateaued so I went in yesterday for a second round. (3 months post first round) I had gotten back to doing most things so if I gain nothing more I’ll be good but if I gain anything more I’ll be great... stay tuned
brocster
3/27/2019 8:27pm
Ok I am a few weeks out from my last post and last treatment. I will say that I improved about another 10% from the initial 70% improvement of the first treatment. In other words I didn’t gain as much the second time as I did the first but overall simce December I have improved greatly as a whole and am more than glad that I went in for both as I now know whwere I stand on actual recovery. In saying that I can say, after all said and done up to this point there is some discomfort, not pain per say, my first few steps in the morning and after a full day in the evening. I can’t run, I could if being chased, but recreationally it’s over. I am relieved to be able to do most of what I want as initially and a few months after I didn’t think I would ever walk normal ever again, much less get back to being active and now my ankle is about 85 to 90% back to normal. Loss of flexibility and range of motion mostly, strength is there it just doesn’t bend and roll as it should. Lots of metal in there. My Dr’s were amazing, therapy was amazing, but I really didn’t turn the corner to normalcy until after the PRP therapy. Money well spent! Ride on moto bros! See you at the track. Braap braap!
10/31/2019 5:08am
brocster wrote:
Ok I am a few weeks out from my last post and last treatment. I will say that I improved about another 10% from the initial...
Ok I am a few weeks out from my last post and last treatment. I will say that I improved about another 10% from the initial 70% improvement of the first treatment. In other words I didn’t gain as much the second time as I did the first but overall simce December I have improved greatly as a whole and am more than glad that I went in for both as I now know whwere I stand on actual recovery. In saying that I can say, after all said and done up to this point there is some discomfort, not pain per say, my first few steps in the morning and after a full day in the evening. I can’t run, I could if being chased, but recreationally it’s over. I am relieved to be able to do most of what I want as initially and a few months after I didn’t think I would ever walk normal ever again, much less get back to being active and now my ankle is about 85 to 90% back to normal. Loss of flexibility and range of motion mostly, strength is there it just doesn’t bend and roll as it should. Lots of metal in there. My Dr’s were amazing, therapy was amazing, but I really didn’t turn the corner to normalcy until after the PRP therapy. Money well spent! Ride on moto bros! See you at the track. Braap braap!

Post a reply to: Anyone here get PSP for injury recovery? (platelet rich plasma)

The Latest