Anyone have video of Barcia taking Ferrandis down?

Not-a-Fan
8/23/2022 12:52am
I'd like everyone to remember when reading these types of threads where judgements are passed on little evidence, lots of feelings and opinions change multiple times at the drop of a hat.....that everyone here eventually ends up in some poor bastards 12 person jury to decide said bastards guilt/innocence in real life. I used to think the jury filtering process was a joke, a set up, but now I realize there's good reason for it, some of you guys are supremely biased and that thinking doesn't just change when its time to decide if someone gets to go free or go to prison.

"Well he didn't do it this time, but fuck him anyways!" Like the cop that feels planting evidence on a man is ok because the end result is "justified" in their eyes...God help us all, but more importantly I hope the jury interviewer does a good job filtering kooks on my theoretical future case lol.
CPR
8/23/2022 1:00am
This whole thread is hilarious.
If you ever had to describe the vital forum to anyone, easiest way would be; here read this.
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
8/23/2022 1:42am
Barcia went off the track to avoid being knocked off the track. Ferrandis seemed to be making sure that he exited.
It was aggressive, but not dirty.
When Barcia re-entered the track, you can see him turn slightly to the left, maybe 15°. To me that shows intention to keep moving forward. If he was intending to t-bone, he would've went straight.

Since this was downhill, and there was a slight (maybe 8-10" tall bank), when Barcia re-entered the track, he jumped off the bank and onto the track carrying momentum.
When his wheels landed, he turned, and continued to race.
The hit may have been intentional, but it wasn't a t-bone, and my take is that it was more of making the turn and not giving a crap if he hit Ferrandis if he was in his way, especially since Ferrandis had just forced him off the track.

I don't see this as reason to disqualify him. This was incredibly mild compared to what we've seen from both of these riders.
Zycki11
8/23/2022 8:19am
Here yee here yee. Consensus is racing incident and Barcias DQ unjustified other than due to previous “altercations” with other bikes

The Shop

Deadric
Fantasy
4155th
8/23/2022 8:25am
Right or wrong Barcia is gonna Barcia and every rider out there should know that by now. Ferrandis knowingly played with fire and got burned to the surprise of no one.
8/23/2022 8:31am
tek14 wrote:
Barcia took out Cairoli and even worse Cairoli got hurt but didnt say it like DF did. Now he has to sit out until MXoN.
When was this? First lap of the first moto Saturday?
PRM31
8/23/2022 8:31am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2022 8:44am
Anyone who has ridden the track knows that the only reason Barcia would go where he did was to do a take out move. DQ, eh, for that alone, no. But he has a trend and that is catching up to him.

Dylan passes Barcia on the inside of a slow, very off camber, sweeping right turn. Out of that sweeping right is a tight left hand turn. Dylan could have bee lined for the inside of that left hander and chopped Barcias front. But he didn’t. Dylan went to the outside leaving Barcia room on the track. Rather than using that inside, Barcia went straight to the outside. Prior to squaring it as he hit Dylan he is effectively 90+ degrees off the direction he would be going if he were trying to ride the track. My point is, if you understand that corner, his move is much worse than the video makes it appear.
McG194
8/23/2022 8:35am
Personally, I'm going to withhold judgement until AMA Pro Racing/MX Sports gives a detailed explanation of their justification of DQ'ing Barcia.

LungButter
8/23/2022 8:43am
tek14 wrote:
Barcia took out Cairoli and even worse Cairoli got hurt but didnt say it like DF did. Now he has to sit out until MXoN.
Where did you see that Barcia took him out? Pretty sure that's fake news.

I'm almost certain Cairoli went down on his own on the first lap and Barcia ran over his arm while he was down.
Mit12
8/23/2022 8:44am
The track is wide where Barcia came back on to the track, there was plenty of room to make the turn and continue racing but no way was Barcia going to do that he had already flipped the switch to Dumb Dumb mode and crossed the track to take Ferrandis out. There is no way Barcia can say that he did not mean to do it and it was a racing incident. Both riders are dirty riders which I do not like either rider but when Bam Bam turns into Dumb Dumb he is much worse.
8/23/2022 8:55am
tek14 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
Where did you see that Barcia took him out? Pretty sure that's fake news. I'm almost certain Cairoli went down on his own on the first...
Where did you see that Barcia took him out? Pretty sure that's fake news.

I'm almost certain Cairoli went down on his own on the first lap and Barcia ran over his arm while he was down.
Exactly. I saw it. AC slid out on the face of a small double and got hit from behind. I didn't realize it was Barcia and I thought he got hit in the back but it could have been his arm. Certainly wasn't a takeout and he crashed in front of the entire pack. He's lucky he didn't get run over worse actually
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
8/23/2022 9:01am
bigk218 wrote:
Ferrandis has been irreverent for 6+ months and star runs this pathetic sport
I'm curious what you mean by Star running the sport? They haven't really gotten their way when they want it in the professional ranks that often? Cooper and Nichols both weren't allowed to defend their titles due to injury like they asked. Shane protested Chase on some things and that never went anywhere either. What do you mean by they run the sport?
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
8/23/2022 9:05am
Not-a-Fan wrote:
I'd like everyone to remember when reading these types of threads where judgements are passed on little evidence, lots of feelings and opinions change multiple times...
I'd like everyone to remember when reading these types of threads where judgements are passed on little evidence, lots of feelings and opinions change multiple times at the drop of a hat.....that everyone here eventually ends up in some poor bastards 12 person jury to decide said bastards guilt/innocence in real life. I used to think the jury filtering process was a joke, a set up, but now I realize there's good reason for it, some of you guys are supremely biased and that thinking doesn't just change when its time to decide if someone gets to go free or go to prison.

"Well he didn't do it this time, but fuck him anyways!" Like the cop that feels planting evidence on a man is ok because the end result is "justified" in their eyes...God help us all, but more importantly I hope the jury interviewer does a good job filtering kooks on my theoretical future case lol.
Spot on.

We are slipping ever closer to Idiocracy in this country.
swordfish
8/23/2022 9:28am
USA wrote:
Here are some stills from Barcias video. This first picture shows the contact, with Ferrandis essentially perpendicular to Barcia. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/22/565115/s1200_Screenshot_20220822_175230_Gallery.jpg[/img] This second image is the frame...
Here are some stills from Barcias video. This first picture shows the contact, with Ferrandis essentially perpendicular to Barcia.

This second image is the frame before, Barcias bars are turned all the way to the left and his camera is still pointed off the track to the right, so you can infer that his actual bike is even more perpendicular to Ferrandis and the track.

Also, Barcia pins it a few frames before this to ram Dylan as hard as he can. It could have been avoided 100%.
You might wanna check the dictionary for the meaning of perpendicular.
VRR7
8/23/2022 11:10am
Check the rule book on going off track and re entering the track. About 4 infractions of the rules of MX !
Shaft721
8/23/2022 5:37pm
VRR7 wrote:
Check the rule book on going off track and re entering the track. About 4 infractions of the rules of MX !
Not if you get knocked off by another rider and it’s unintentional. You have the IQ of a 4 year old.
8/24/2022 2:36pm
Have any videos from other angles of this collision surfaced yet? Someone usually always gets it on a cell phone.
kiwifan
8/24/2022 2:54pm
VRR7 wrote:
Shaft721 wrote:
Not if you get knocked off by another rider and it’s unintentional. You have the IQ of a 4 year old.
wow, so you dont agree to someones post and resort to calling them dumb...? wow
8/24/2022 4:45pm
I respect Barcia about as much as I respect dog turds, but a DQ is a wild overreaction jesus christ.
VoR
8/24/2022 5:16pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/21/564867/s1200_Screenshot_20220821_113311404.jpg[/img]

You never go full surrender monkey...
xr70
8/24/2022 5:20pm
Unfortunately not many of You on this forum have Balls still attached to your body, most of you sounding like bunch of Women on there periods. Nothing wrong with Barcia ! If you don’t like what u see , pool your panties down install your tampon and keep on mowing.
WVUpetro2013
8/25/2022 7:49pm
100% legit question from a neutral party: has there ever been a rider with more haters than JB?

Tyler ‘one punch’ Evan?
Ryno?
Maybe post retirement Brian Deegan?

Not sure if any of them had as big of following as Barcia, or were hated as much by the competition.
DonM
8/25/2022 8:30pm
100% legit question from a neutral party: has there ever been a rider with more haters than JB?

Yeah…just look at the post above yours…
8/25/2022 9:20pm
DonM wrote:
Yeah…just look at the post above yours…
Ok cool. Mike Alessi's Kevin-Windham-like takeout was bad but I think he was unpopular for other reasons also and I'm not sure I'd call his critics haters for the most part. I don't remember much pitchfork action with Alessi.

Yes, Vince Friese!! How could I have forgotten about him. I suspect that Barcia has him beat, especially since the Mookie incident and now this, but I could be wrong.

I didn't pay much attention to MX/SX during the times of Ryno and Tyler Evan so I'm googling them now.

Thanks all for the answers.
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
8/25/2022 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2022 9:31pm
Not a big Bambam fan but on this, i think Ferrandis is whining a lot because he is in the deep hole of his career and not in a good spot mentally right now. Ferrandis look like a tought cookie to deal with in many ways when things goes wrong. I'm maybe a little bit harsh but the truth is often harsh. Looks like Bambam kept his line on this.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
8/25/2022 11:06pm
Shaft721 wrote:
Can you post the rule that you are referring to ?

Post a reply to: Anyone have video of Barcia taking Ferrandis down?

The Latest