Anyone have issue with LitPro indoors?

HusqFan3
Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 11:06pm
Finally bit the bullet and decided to take advantage of Black Friday and pickup LitPro for $399. Based on all my research and reading reviews i was super excited to finally get a chance to test it out a few weeks back. Much to my surprise, I’ve been utterly disappointed thus far. I followed the setup instructions to a T before going out a recording a session at a local AX practice. After syncing the session data i was shocked to find the results looked like my 5 year old had taken a pen and scribbled all over a track map. Several of the lines went completely outside the arena. I was temporarily relieved when i realized i had mistakenly mounted the device on backwards. However, after remounting and recording another session the results were the same. I sent a mail to LitPro prior to going back again last Friday to see if they had any suggestions but didn’t hear back. Tried once again and results were slightly improved relatively speaking(it at least manage to track within the building this time) but still far from anything useable.

For those of you that have one, have you had issues using it indoors? I assumed it would work indoors given it’s used by pros for SX but my experience thus far suggests otherwise.

Hoping it’s just user error so if anyone has any suggestions or advice, I’d greatly appreciate it.
|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/14/2019 9:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 9:53pm
To put it bluntly, they don't really work indoors. In Supercross, they're only utilized in arenas with open tops (which is the majority of the season). With a roof over-head, it makes the GPS data inaccurate. You're going to run into this with basically any GPS tracking system for indoor AX (Garmin, iPhone, LITPro, etc...)
HusqFan3
1/14/2019 10:01pm
ML512 wrote:
To put it bluntly, they don't really work indoors. In Supercross, they're only utilized in arenas with open tops (which is the majority of the season)...
To put it bluntly, they don't really work indoors. In Supercross, they're only utilized in arenas with open tops (which is the majority of the season). With a roof over-head, it makes the GPS data inaccurate. You're going to run into this with basically any GPS tracking system for indoor AX (Garmin, iPhone, LITPro, etc...)
Shoot, i was afraid of that... Amazing in 2019 with all the technological advances and capabilities of satellites/GPS, a little ole roof can render the technology utterly useless.

While not what i was hoping to hear, appreciate the confirmation all the same.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/14/2019 10:05pm
ML512 wrote:
To put it bluntly, they don't really work indoors. In Supercross, they're only utilized in arenas with open tops (which is the majority of the season)...
HusqFan3 wrote:
Shoot, i was afraid of that... Amazing in 2019 with all the technological advances and capabilities of satellites/GPS, a little ole roof can render the technology...
Shoot, i was afraid of that... Amazing in 2019 with all the technological advances and capabilities of satellites/GPS, a little ole roof can render the technology utterly useless.

While not what i was hoping to hear, appreciate the confirmation all the same.
The owners are good friends of mine and I'm an active user myself. Let me double check with them if there's a way to improve the signal, but I know it's an issue that's required them to use some crazy transmitter setup to get them working in an enclosed stadium. That's actually why the crew didn't send anyone to Glendale, due to the roof.

Try it outdoors when you get a chance, I promise you'll be impressed.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
1/14/2019 10:11pm
ML512 wrote:
The owners are good friends of mine and I'm an active user myself. Let me double check with them if there's a way to improve the...
The owners are good friends of mine and I'm an active user myself. Let me double check with them if there's a way to improve the signal, but I know it's an issue that's required them to use some crazy transmitter setup to get them working in an enclosed stadium. That's actually why the crew didn't send anyone to Glendale, due to the roof.

Try it outdoors when you get a chance, I promise you'll be impressed.
These are amazing units! You’ll love it outdoors.

The Shop

Tonynz
1/14/2019 10:45pm
The guys are very easy to deal with. Phone them tomorrow they have the best customer service you could ask for.
HusqFan3
1/14/2019 11:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 11:08pm
Tonynz wrote:
The guys are very easy to deal with. Phone them tomorrow they have the best customer service you could ask for.
Yea i’ve corresponded with the founder on Vital before and that’s been my experience as well. I think the reason my emails went unanswered was due to the fact i responded to a welcome email of sorts by an individual rather than sending my query to a general tech support alias as i should have.

I’m sure the issue is due to general limitations of GPS indoors rather than litpro specifically so probably will just accept it and wait for summer when i can use outdoors.

Post a reply to: Anyone have issue with LitPro indoors?

The Latest