Anyone have any experience with cordless pressure washers?

debun
Fantasy
21st
Edited Date/Time 7/18/2020 6:21am
I was thinking of getting the Ryobi and wanted to get thoughts. I know it won't compete with a gas powered one but the size and portability is appealing.

Ryobi pressure washer

|
Pirate421
7/17/2020 8:36am
Wow that thing looks pretty sweet. I bet it would be perfect for an at the track wash. I know when we lived in a condo in Texas, finding a place to wash my bike was a pain. The car washes weren’t great because I felt like that water was really tough on the bike.

stillwelding
7/17/2020 8:50am
debun wrote:
I was thinking of getting the Ryobi and wanted to get thoughts. I know it won't compete with a gas powered one but the size and...
I was thinking of getting the Ryobi and wanted to get thoughts. I know it won't compete with a gas powered one but the size and portability is appealing.

Ryobi pressure washer

Braaaphole
7/17/2020 8:54am
At 320PSI, I wouldn't expect much out of it. I have 2 pressure washers, and electric and a gas. Gas is 3000 psi and electric is 1700 psi. I find the electric to be really good for bikes. I don't have any issues with it blowing water past seals or pulling off graphics, but it does a great job getting the bike clean.
320 psi isn't going to be much more than a garden hose nozzle.
simpson335
7/17/2020 9:01am
I bought the Worx 40V model for a track wash solution. I wasn't very impressed with overall performance. Being able to wash out of a 5 gallon bucket of water is cool, but the low pressure equated to a really long wash time. Was not worth it for me.

The Shop

7/17/2020 11:20am
simpson335 wrote:
I bought the Worx 40V model for a track wash solution. I wasn't very impressed with overall performance. Being able to wash out of a 5...
I bought the Worx 40V model for a track wash solution. I wasn't very impressed with overall performance. Being able to wash out of a 5 gallon bucket of water is cool, but the low pressure equated to a really long wash time. Was not worth it for me.
Same, I didn't purchase one but used a buddies at the track. He even had an adapter that would connect to a 2 liter soda bottle. In the end, my bike stayed pretty dirty, pressure and volume output just wasn't there. He was using it for his kids bikes on the mini-track that was mostly just dusty with very little mud and for blowing that off it worked great.
ns503
7/17/2020 11:33am
Whatever washer you get - if you want to feed it off a water tank, make sure it will do that.

Some don't, and need pressurized feed. Like a hose connected to house supply type of pressure.

Just in case you missed those couple few other threads on that stuff. Whistling
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
7/17/2020 4:34pm
I’ve been trying to work out some type of solution for this for awhile and it’s such a bitch. Ive got a van without a partition and want something that has adequate spray power just to keep the back clean enough so i can sleep in it. Seems like the options are weak cordless wands that don’t push out enough water or gas units that rip off your garphics and have the space efficiency of a 1970s push along briggs and stratton lawn mower.
yz25
7/17/2020 6:20pm
simpson335 wrote:
I bought the Worx 40V model for a track wash solution. I wasn't very impressed with overall performance. Being able to wash out of a 5...
Same here.... purchase one for the lake to spray off boats... think I can pour water out of a cup with more pressure... was not happy with product at all! Save your money!
ns503
7/18/2020 6:21am
I’ve been trying to work out some type of solution for this for awhile and it’s such a bitch. Ive got a van without a partition...
I’ve been trying to work out some type of solution for this for awhile and it’s such a bitch. Ive got a van without a partition and want something that has adequate spray power just to keep the back clean enough so i can sleep in it. Seems like the options are weak cordless wands that don’t push out enough water or gas units that rip off your garphics and have the space efficiency of a 1970s push along briggs and stratton lawn mower.
What about a corded electric, with a smalll generator? Each could be used for other uses around the house too.
7/18/2020 9:25am
I need me some POWER! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/17/438263/s1200_CommercialPower.jpg[/img]
I need me some POWER!

That model is sitting in my gfs shed, I’m kind of scared to use it lol. I’ve had good luck with a ryobi that I believe is 1800psi
Pink
7/18/2020 9:29am
I need me some POWER! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/17/438263/s1200_CommercialPower.jpg[/img]
I need me some POWER!

I own this exact one. It will blow your bike off the stand if you let it.

Post a reply to: Anyone have any experience with cordless pressure washers?

The Latest