Anyone have a Sherco or experience with the quality and reliability of them?

mxmaniac
I am in Australia and seem to see a lot of Sherco 2 and 4 strokes popping up.
I thought I would start to consider one as my next bike. Not sure on 2 or 4 stroke as yet.
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
4/16/2020 2:10am
Ask Wade Young....Google him and see what he has achieved on a Sherco. Those bikes have come along way and are bullet proof.
1983YZ125
Fantasy
1568th
4/16/2020 4:38am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2020 4:39am
I'm on a 2018 Sherco 250 FST (2 Stroke Trials bike) and have zero complaints.
Quality is just as good as any other dirt bike i've owned.
MX915
4/16/2020 5:24am
I have a 2020 300 SCF. Great bike and really well built. I’ve even found the aftermarket support is pretty good. Not as good as the other brands yet, but if you are willing to look there are some parts from other mfrs that cross over.

Then again, it really doesnt require too much since it comes with good stuff from the factory (Akrapovic full system, KYB suspension, AXP skid plate, radiator fan, etc.)

The Shop

navalseabee
4/16/2020 6:32am
For 2020 they have stepped up big time signing some big names in the off-road world for this racing season. The Baylor boys have put them near the top of the podium this GNCC season so far. The level of support is no where near what KTM brings to the races and to see a bike that's very "stock" throw down like that is impressive.

From what i have witnessed racing off-road around the Southern USA.
-They're gaining popularity
-Your relationship to your dealer is everything
-How responsiveness of you dealer is vital
-I witnessed a AA team have a mechanical on a 300SEFR during the 24hrs at Perry Mountain. I know the kid whos bike it was he had been racing them all season were very pleased with them.
-They handle extremely well, think like how people used to think of Suzuki's as "scalpels"
-The KYB stuff is good, not as refined setting wise as the Yamaha.
-The 250 two-stroke i rode felt on par power wise with the XC line-up. The 300SEF is a very fun bike, but feels a bit slow compared to the 350XCF.
rallendude
4/16/2020 6:44am
Looking at US results for pro-racing it appears their two-strokes are more reliable than the four-strokes. I'd like to have a 250 or 300 two-stroke.
rangot
4/16/2020 7:02am
Boomslang wrote:
Ask Wade Young....Google him and see what he has achieved on a Sherco. Those bikes have come along way and are bullet proof.
Wade and Mario Roman are full factory riders... Sherco are very good bikes, no problem about that, but it's like saying get a Honda CRF, Roczen does fine on it.
jbonemalone
4/16/2020 7:19am
Baylor almost pulled off the win with a stock fuel tank and no dry break.
Had it not been for a small snafu on the last couple corners of the last lap he would have won.
Mind you in the pits of a GNCC race a fuel stop takes much much more time as you have to unscrew the cap vs nascar style splash and go.
Spooner
4/16/2020 7:50am
All I know is they look bad ass haha! Probably the prettiest stock bike I've seen. I know a few guys that have them and they seem to like them too.
TeamGreen
4/16/2020 7:57am
For 2020 they have stepped up big time signing some big names in the off-road world for this racing season. The Baylor boys have put them...
For 2020 they have stepped up big time signing some big names in the off-road world for this racing season. The Baylor boys have put them near the top of the podium this GNCC season so far. The level of support is no where near what KTM brings to the races and to see a bike that's very "stock" throw down like that is impressive.

-I witnessed a AA team have a mechanical on a 300SEFR during the 24hrs at Perry Mountain. I know the kid whos bike it was he had been racing them all season were very pleased with them.
-They handle extremely well, think like how people used to think of Suzuki's as "scalpels"
-The 250 two-stroke i rode felt on par power wise with the XC line-up. The 300SEF is a very fun bike, but feels a bit slow compared to the 350XCF.
Wow! Nice!

As stated, I've witnessed people in the after-market working hard to get more power out of their 4T engines.

Stock, they're "VERY trail oriented" and tuned for very easy and mild power. Both Twisted Development and FMF are woking on solutions for more power.

Stock, the bikes are EXCELLENT trial/explorer bikes that have been very reliable and easy to ride. Personally I've spent a bit of time on the Trials-Enduro crossover bikes and you can go ANYWHERE on those things with ease and a "No Worries" mind-set. True "Mountain-Goat Moto".

I might need to go change my "If you can have just two motorcycles" list! Laughing
mxmaniac
4/16/2020 3:12pm
For 2020 they have stepped up big time signing some big names in the off-road world for this racing season. The Baylor boys have put them...

Thanks mate, they certainly are gaining popularity here in Australia.
4/17/2020 5:56am
I worked at a sherco dealers house over here in the uk. The enduro 250 4 stroke British championship bikes were still on original piston at around 120 hours the guy was telling me
yz133rider
4/17/2020 6:03am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2020 6:03am
The 300 factory two stroke looks like it could be a pretty potent mx weapon.

Post a reply to: Anyone have a Sherco or experience with the quality and reliability of them?

The Latest