Anyone have a Peleton?

Indy mxer
2/6/2021 12:55pm
spimx wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/05/477081/s1200_pelaton_2.jpg[/img]

Indy mxer wrote:
That second one is actually pretty funny. At least the girl is hot. But I have to admit, I think the same thing when I see...
That second one is actually pretty funny. At least the girl is hot.
But I have to admit, I think the same thing when I see guys road cycling with a beer gut in a skin tight shirt and bike shorts.
Kinda like fat girls in yoga pants. Not good!! lol
Poking fun of people trying to better themselves- you sound like a real douche.
Omg, lighten up Karen. It's not that serious!
Preston412
2/17/2021 10:48am
Got a Bike + on the way. I got it because where I live, if I tried to cycle on the road, I would be road kill, two lane rural roads. For the price and monthly membership, it will be less expensive then a gym membership for two and a personal trainer twice a week. I look forward to using their classes and trainers at a time that is convenient me and be able to keep better tracking of my progress with the app.
2/17/2021 11:42am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2021 11:47am
As a fellow Floridian, and once a St Aug resident, ours has been a great purchase because we too decided dodging terrible drivers and dealing with the weather from May-November was getting old. Between the wife and I we're over 500+ rides in first year.

It's like any other piece of exercise equipment, you get out if it what you personally put into it time wise. The ability to choose for different types of riding like tempo, intervals, HIIT, climbs, recovery, and differing time lengths is great. For off-road racing, it's helped a lot for me sustaining greater output for short bursts and having the ability to put in more consistent laps. The metrics piece is great; I recommend after a few weeks of doing the FTP warm up and 20 min FTP test to get an indicator as your metric threshold. Personally I am a bit dgaf when it comes to the music, I look at the ride structure and metrics components. Some instructors you'll find are a bit more regimented in their ride package, while some are just kind of all over the map. It's also easy to scroll through on a Sunday and plan out my training block week-to-week and not just winging it.

The initial sticker shock and the memes from all of your friends wear off after a while. Whistling
Indy mxer
2/17/2021 3:35pm
As a fellow Floridian, and once a St Aug resident, ours has been a great purchase because we too decided dodging terrible drivers and dealing with...
As a fellow Floridian, and once a St Aug resident, ours has been a great purchase because we too decided dodging terrible drivers and dealing with the weather from May-November was getting old. Between the wife and I we're over 500+ rides in first year.

It's like any other piece of exercise equipment, you get out if it what you personally put into it time wise. The ability to choose for different types of riding like tempo, intervals, HIIT, climbs, recovery, and differing time lengths is great. For off-road racing, it's helped a lot for me sustaining greater output for short bursts and having the ability to put in more consistent laps. The metrics piece is great; I recommend after a few weeks of doing the FTP warm up and 20 min FTP test to get an indicator as your metric threshold. Personally I am a bit dgaf when it comes to the music, I look at the ride structure and metrics components. Some instructors you'll find are a bit more regimented in their ride package, while some are just kind of all over the map. It's also easy to scroll through on a Sunday and plan out my training block week-to-week and not just winging it.

The initial sticker shock and the memes from all of your friends wear off after a while. Whistling
Agree 100% well said. We've had ours for 3.5 years and still love it. Great workout.

The Shop

kb22
2/17/2021 9:32pm
Here’s something to look at, a lot easier to fit one of these than a peloton. I have a trainer for my road bike when I’m in doors but with that said, when I built my road bike I found that there are a lot of things that you want to have fitted to you on the bike. This will keep proper body alignment and mechanics and prevent injuries. These bikes may be more easily fitted to you since these are typically made to a higher standard. Not knocking peloton but just saying there are better platforms for the money that usually use Zwift. Best of luck!

https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/a23795768/stationary-bikes/
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
2/18/2021 5:47am
I wrote a long reply about ours at the start of this thread but I think I backed out of it before it loaded. We love ours and can warm up on a ride through places you have wanted to visit like Paris or a National park before you get in a class where a trainer kicks your ass. You can see where you are ranked during your ride and try to move up the rankings with thousands of others or just go at your own pace. They make sure the views are good at all times... for motivation of coarse.
DirtDart
2/18/2021 11:29am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2021 11:30am
I’ve got a roller set from Elite. It’s held up well for years and allows road as well as MTB tires.

It’s has mag resistance but you cannot change it without stopping because it’s dumb.

It’s not as flashy as a peloton but it’s been a pretty good choice at a fraction of the cost.
RCMXracing
2/18/2021 12:08pm
daemon616 wrote:
This thread is so moto.
💀
Super important to be in bad ass cardio shape for that 4 lap moto. 😂🤣😂 Make sure you’ve got an exhaust and some bling on that 60hp 450 too.

Sorry guys, but the current state of local motocross makes technique and speed over rule fitness. #whatswrongwithmoto

I can run 20 min motos full bore no problem and feel like my cardio fitness is a waste of time... rather have the speed. If you give a shit about racing and going fast on a dirt bike spend money on dirt bikes and seat time working on technique. Or maybe you just want abs? Cool bro’s. 🤙🏼
kb22
2/18/2021 12:45pm
For real cardio isn’t just bad for your body but it’s meaningless when you are doing wicked wips and backflips over those gnarly whoops. I know for a fact Jeremy McGrath said physical fitness never helped him win anything just purely technique. Just rip off your sleeves and toss on a flat billed hat bruhs and rip it.
Crash217
6/28/2022 3:15am
I don’t have a peloton system, just my ten year old Trek Alpha 2.3 and a $75 trainer stand I got off Amazon. 3 times a week I plonk myself on it and spin while watching YouTube videos of various rides, trail runs, routines etc. or binge shows.

I guess it would be cool to have all the features of a full sim system but I can get pretty close to the experience and still feel like I got a good workout during the week and pick the bike up off the trainer and go for a ride down the bike paths around town on the weekend too without all the extra money spent.
mxracer828
6/28/2022 6:48am
The wife and I have had one since January. I haven’t been able to ride it as much as due to work hours, I live in arizona so mtb in the arizona heat is alittle tough. I did the bike with the free app and it’s not even close to the same work out. What pushes me is the other people doing the ride and you don’t want them to beat you( my competitive side). By the end of the ride im soaked and beat.
Jesse318pnw
6/28/2022 7:12am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2022 7:13am
It's pretty amazing how many used Pelotons are now for sale. I continue to use mine a lot and love it. I recently saw a used third generation for $600 in Seattle.

I'm glad I'm not an owner of the stock.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
6/28/2022 12:28pm
Crash217 wrote:
I don’t have a peloton system, just my ten year old Trek Alpha 2.3 and a $75 trainer stand I got off Amazon. 3 times a...
I don’t have a peloton system, just my ten year old Trek Alpha 2.3 and a $75 trainer stand I got off Amazon. 3 times a week I plonk myself on it and spin while watching YouTube videos of various rides, trail runs, routines etc. or binge shows.

I guess it would be cool to have all the features of a full sim system but I can get pretty close to the experience and still feel like I got a good workout during the week and pick the bike up off the trainer and go for a ride down the bike paths around town on the weekend too without all the extra money spent.
The Pelotons do look cool and very functional, but I am still on the Airdyne I bought for cardio rehab 20+ years ago (one bottom bracket replacement, so it got work). It does lack the interaction, but I usually watch a race while on it so there's that.

Post a reply to: Anyone have a Peleton?

The Latest