Anyone got sponsorships here?

CivBars
4/13/2020 4:10pm
philG wrote:
Sponsorship finds those that are prepared to work for it... the last bikes I paid for to race, were dealer supplied, in 2002 and 2003, on...
Sponsorship finds those that are prepared to work for it... the last bikes I paid for to race, were dealer supplied, in 2002 and 2003, on the off weekends I worked sales, he held the bikes on stock , and at the end of the year I paid used price.

Since then I have not raced a bike I owned , from 2006 to 2019.. helped to run teams for a ride, done development, and then just hooked up with a really good guy who loves to build stuff, more than ride it.

Top tip , don't run round in a $30k pick up and say you don't have money to race,

My daily drive has been a £500 clunker for as long as I can remember , and the RV is almost 20 years old.

Meanwhile amateur Team Green riders parents have to make a combined how much/ year to be consider for support?
devotid
Fantasy
315th
4/13/2020 8:08pm
devotid wrote:
If your signing the front of checks... You are a discounted customer. Once you start signing the backs... then you are sponsored.

spimx wrote:
Bro, who uses checks. It's 2020
Bruh.... The big ones. Like Happy Gilmore. /sarcasm
jtetchila1
4/13/2020 8:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2020 8:30pm
I have been riding flattrack and speedway for the last 15 years, but rode MX for 15 years before that. Sponsorship is hard to come by in MX. I have found that it is much different in speedway as I was able to get almost all of my airfare, hotels, entry fees and bike transport sponsored riding an indoor ice series on the speedway bike racing in 35+ states, Canada, and Germany. I would also get a minimum of $100 purse and as much as $1000 per race. I was also able to spend a month in the England riding dirt speedway for basically the cost of an airplane ticket.

I also own a Kawasaki twin that is run in the AFT Production Twins class, I was able to get a custom exhaust built by a well known exhaust manufacturer at no cost, and have gotten free dyno time, and help from other people in the form of cash and/or free product.

Sponsorship is out there, but you have to work for it, and show the sponsors the benefits. TV also helps when it is available.
DL
4/13/2020 8:46pm
I’ve offered Vital members 20% for many years. PM me if your interested.

The Shop

Meister
4/13/2020 8:58pm
Problem in Moto is that tons of people THINK they DESERVE a deal. I don't give two shits if you're smoking everyone at your local c class race, or any class for that matter. I care how you represent yourself and said company.

No normal Joe gets free stuff. People who know people get great deals. Or if you really know someone in the industry, they may be gracious to toss you an item or two because they can.

I ran the rider support for my local shop for a couple years. You would not believe how ungrateful people can be. They'd literally expect a mom n pop shop to lose money. I say "lose" because these people were not good representatives, so there would literally be no benefit. Sometimes, if somebody was doing something "extra", even it they got 15th place in C class, id find a way to help them a little more in some way.

This brick and mortar store just closed its doors in November. Thankfully, I have made a new connection with another mom and pop shop that offered what help they could.

To say a rider isn't sponsored if they're not getting free stuff is about the dumbest thing I've read today. How many logos do you run on your graphics because you think it's cool? I don't run any unless they help me in some way. I didn't say ones that give me free stuff, I said HELP. If you can't appreciate various forms of help, your probably the one who thinks you should get free shit, but your really a non marketable a hole with a big head.

Trust me when I say this... If you want a sponsorship, prove that you can represent their product in a positive manner, and you'll likely get a little help, even if you suck at racing.

Look at the monster kid. Sucked at racing, but became marketable from YouTube vids, now he's bringing in big $. Not to say he actually sucked, because I believe he did do Loretta's in C, but he couldn't become pro to make money that way. I think I did better at Loretta's actually lol..

Be marketable and you'll get more places.

Post a reply to: Anyone got sponsorships here?

The Latest