Anyone getting the outdoor (MX) series thru MAVTV / DirecTV?

race
So I get the MAVTV channel of the outdoor series thru DirecTV ... which I guess is now AT&T. This year I noticed they often list two back to back airings of the 1st motos. In SoCal last Sat, they aired from 10-12 and 12-2.

I think the DirecTV menu uses the same text to describe them both. In the earlier rounds my DVR was grabbing the 12-2 airing and everything was HD and good. Figuring they are both the same I switched it this last week to grab the 10-12 airing ... and I ended up with the 1st motos in SD. The DirecTV menu says nothing about whether either airing is SD or HD.

I tried calling AT&T but gave up after endless waits. I tried calling MAVTV but got nowhere there either.

I will try switching back to the later airing for the next round but wondered if anyone else had enocountered this?
|
Lightning78
6/26/2018 4:02pm
I sure as fuck aint getting it with Xfinity.....they dont carry it, all i get are the 2nd motos on NBC sports and im not pleased about it. No other way to watch MAV other than to pay for the GOLD package. Used to be able to catch the motos online, even MAV but not anymore.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
6/26/2018 4:05pm
Yeah I noticed that also. Was good the first couple then all of sudden I think Thunder Valley was in SD and it sucked to watched. I had to manually record the HD muddy creek as it was taping the SD at first, not sure how you get it to record the HD episode (why they show it in SD when they have MAVTV in HD is confusing....) when using the series record option.
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
6/26/2018 4:36pm
yak651 wrote:
Yeah I noticed that also. Was good the first couple then all of sudden I think Thunder Valley was in SD and it sucked to watched...
Yeah I noticed that also. Was good the first couple then all of sudden I think Thunder Valley was in SD and it sucked to watched. I had to manually record the HD muddy creek as it was taping the SD at first, not sure how you get it to record the HD episode (why they show it in SD when they have MAVTV in HD is confusing....) when using the series record option.
I noticed also,I too got one of the SD versions. I just record both now and delete the SD one later.
KDXGarage
6/26/2018 7:05pm
Record them all. Delete later as needed.

CBS Sports Network says MXGP, MXGP2, gets messed up a lot.

The Shop

6/27/2018 3:37am
race wrote:
So I get the MAVTV channel of the outdoor series thru DirecTV ... which I guess is now AT&T. This year I noticed they often list...
So I get the MAVTV channel of the outdoor series thru DirecTV ... which I guess is now AT&T. This year I noticed they often list two back to back airings of the 1st motos. In SoCal last Sat, they aired from 10-12 and 12-2.

I think the DirecTV menu uses the same text to describe them both. In the earlier rounds my DVR was grabbing the 12-2 airing and everything was HD and good. Figuring they are both the same I switched it this last week to grab the 10-12 airing ... and I ended up with the 1st motos in SD. The DirecTV menu says nothing about whether either airing is SD or HD.

I tried calling AT&T but gave up after endless waits. I tried calling MAVTV but got nowhere there either.

I will try switching back to the later airing for the next round but wondered if anyone else had enocountered this?
I have Direct Tv too. I will go to my guide every Friday night and confirm that the right channel in the right format (HD) is in fact set up to record.
bultokid
6/27/2018 6:20am
KDXGarage wrote:
Record them all. Delete later as needed.

CBS Sports Network says MXGP, MXGP2, gets messed up a lot.
Bingo, they even have sidecarcross on now....US SX, MX GPs, Canadian, British, Trials, GNCC...good times for us hard-cores
6/27/2018 6:26am
I have NBC sports gold and its honestly the way to go if all you want to watch is the nationals. Back to back motos, no commercials and i have no problems with buffering. The motos are also re-watchable about 5 minutes after they finish. its well worth the 50$ in my opinion

Post a reply to: Anyone getting the outdoor (MX) series thru MAVTV / DirecTV?

The Latest