Anyone feel sorry for Stewart ?

mccread
Edited Date/Time 2/23/2013 4:23pm
I do and I wrote about it here...Poor James Stewart

I hope that sometime this season he can shake the bad luck... last weekend was ridiculous!
|
downard254
2/22/2013 4:54am
He seems much more humble than in the past, I'm sure his luck will turn around and he be up front soon enough. If his knee is o.k. then I could see him winning Daytona again. I bet he'll be fired up for Atlanta. We'll soon see.
E-man811
2/22/2013 5:01am
I've never been a James fanboy but I was psyched when he caught and passed Villo in the heat. I so wanted to see him battling up front last week. So pissed when his bike was not in the gate. I was surprised how bummed I was for him.
BDOG
2/22/2013 5:02am
Is that some kind of silly attempt at a joke? feel sorry for him? Hell No.
2/22/2013 5:09am
I'm just glad he is still in the sport. He could have walked away years ago.

Hope he podiums ATL.

The Shop

BDOG
2/22/2013 5:13am

Hope he podiums ATL.
Could have walked away? i seriously doubt that. He has a family to support and no telling how many other cling on's.

I expect it takes A LOT of money to maintain he and all his family members lifestyle.
IWreckALot
2/22/2013 5:17am
I'm ready to see some kind of luck go his way. . . The DNS last week and the little knee dabbing are just bad luck (save me the "you create your own luck" spiel). . . I was so pumped watching him in the heat race last week. His body position on the bike looked so relaxed like he wasn't even trying when he passed RV. . .

He needs to win Daytona and bring back the worm. . . Old school style.
2/22/2013 5:21am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2013 5:22am

Hope he podiums ATL.
BDOG wrote:
Could have walked away? i seriously doubt that. He has a family to support and no telling how many other cling on's. I expect it takes...
Could have walked away? i seriously doubt that. He has a family to support and no telling how many other cling on's.

I expect it takes A LOT of money to maintain he and all his family members lifestyle.
Maybe you're right.

Just awesome he is still committed to the sport and racing. The man will always be a legend in my mind, love his style on and off the track.

Tracks have been too cookie cutter for James to really get creative, hopefully Daytona is different.
BDOG
2/22/2013 5:25am
He's been fast all year in the heats.... it's the halfway mark that he struggles with. Daytona will compound that....

Nobody will beat RV at Daytona but RV.
holeshot100
2/22/2013 5:45am
Whether you personally like James Stewart or not, he is very good for the sport. His toughness should never ever be brought into question.
Doug_Creel
2/22/2013 5:49am
I feel sorry for his chance at another championship.. He aiways manages to find his feet and pull through.. Maybe he needs to think about getting that surgery on his knee and going after an outdoor championship this season.
BobbyM
2/22/2013 6:20am
BDOG wrote:
He's been fast all year in the heats.... it's the halfway mark that he struggles with. Daytona will compound that.... Nobody will beat RV at Daytona...
He's been fast all year in the heats.... it's the halfway mark that he struggles with. Daytona will compound that....

Yer quite the asshole towards James it appears. What gives superstar?
4stroke4DWIN
2/22/2013 6:35am
Sometimes I wonder who's the bigger douches? Fanboys or the undercover haters. Every week we get multiple James is this that and the other threads. Just take it for what it is or how it goes and quit trying to deconstruct his every move its a waste of bandwidth.
GuyB, we need the point system stat. Lol
2/22/2013 6:35am
I don't feel sorry for him. Every dog has its day and he has had some great ones. Unfortunately he is stringing together some bad runs. I've always been a Villo fan and when James beat him straight up in the heat race the other day i knew that when he is on it, he is on it.!! Good luck to him for the rest of the season and lets see some fantastic battles.
FroDiddy
2/22/2013 6:39am
BDOG wrote:
He's been fast all year in the heats.... it's the halfway mark that he struggles with. Daytona will compound that.... Nobody will beat RV at Daytona...

Haha. If he stays on 2 wheels, James dominates Daytona. Stamp it.

I don't really feel sorry for him as he has accomplished so much, but would like to see James shake this recent streak of bad luck.
MT MX
2/22/2013 7:44am
Good read McCread. Thanks.
Towards the end you said that James recently hired a trainer. Is he not with O'mara anymore, or was he just a riding coach for James?
JeepnMike
2/22/2013 8:20am
E-man811 wrote:
I've never been a James fanboy but I was psyched when he caught and passed Villo in the heat. I so wanted to see him battling...
I've never been a James fanboy but I was psyched when he caught and passed Villo in the heat. I so wanted to see him battling up front last week. So pissed when his bike was not in the gate. I was surprised how bummed I was for him.
X2. Not a #7 fan but liked how he was riding last week and so happy to see him battle. Having the DNF on the gate sucked the wind right out of that one. Hopefully he can pull it back together tomorrow.
WhKnuckle
2/22/2013 9:24am
I don't care how anyone feels about James Stewart, there are two things everyone should agree on;

1. He's an artist on a motorcycle. The things he does, and the agro way he does them, are almost unique in the sport. When you watch James Stewart ride a motorcycle, you know you're watching one of the best ever.
2. Very few riders have the kind of will to win that he does. Very few people would have tried some of the ultra risky stuff that he has, and NOBODY ever raced RC the way Stewart did in '06 and '07. Sometimes that will to win has been his own downfall - literally- but the guy REALLY brought everything he has to every race for 10 years now.

If that leaves a lover of motocross hating the guy, I have to wonder if that hater really likes the sport all that much. There's plenty to criticize about him, but I don't see how someone can love motocross and hate James Stewart at the same time. They must be very complicated people.
2/22/2013 9:47am
I feel sorry for him when Gary Bailey sees that pic on your site, and his fingers aren't on the clutch.
1-forty-8
2/22/2013 9:58am
He should feel sorry for me, England is so bastard cold right now..
jeffro503
2/22/2013 10:02am
Short answer.......I feel bummed for the guy for sure. He has had some really crappy luck so far this year. Hopefully he can get the season turned around.
40Plus_922mx
2/22/2013 10:12am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2013 10:23am
I have been hoping for this kind of die hard attitude from him these last 5 years or so. Kinda like when he was still on a smoker and RC was bringing the wood to him on the 4 stroke in the nats. But James just kept coming and coming battling and battling.

Seeing him try and try in the face of constant adversity has earned him a lot of respect in my eyes as a life long semi dissapointed fan. Only because I know what he is capable of is all. And it seemed that he was so distracted there for a while doing stupid crap, ignoring his fans, etc. maybe he just needed some time to enjoy his success and now is ready to get busy? I don't know.

I don't feel sorry for him. But if his clutch really did fail I was dissapointed for him (even with the slight smell of fish in the air?). However iI think it is in his best interests to KEEP RACING. He will eventually work out all the bugs and be a force to be reconed with no matter who you are. He is the only vet type of guy who will be able to give these young guns some heat.
KEEP ON JAMES!!!

Sandberm
2/22/2013 10:21am
The only reason to feel sorry for James is because he chooses to wear:

1-Ugly ass Nike Basketball boots
2-The Redbull Granny cap
3-When he wore those Oakley over-the-tops

Otherwise, I have a reasonable amount of envy for him.
JeepnMike
2/22/2013 10:41am
WhKnuckle wrote:
I don't care how anyone feels about James Stewart, there are two things everyone should agree on; 1. He's an artist on a motorcycle. The things...
I don't care how anyone feels about James Stewart, there are two things everyone should agree on;

1. He's an artist on a motorcycle. The things he does, and the agro way he does them, are almost unique in the sport. When you watch James Stewart ride a motorcycle, you know you're watching one of the best ever.
2. Very few riders have the kind of will to win that he does. Very few people would have tried some of the ultra risky stuff that he has, and NOBODY ever raced RC the way Stewart did in '06 and '07. Sometimes that will to win has been his own downfall - literally- but the guy REALLY brought everything he has to every race for 10 years now.

If that leaves a lover of motocross hating the guy, I have to wonder if that hater really likes the sport all that much. There's plenty to criticize about him, but I don't see how someone can love motocross and hate James Stewart at the same time. They must be very complicated people.
davistld01
2/22/2013 10:46am
I don't feels sorry for James, and I don't think he expects anybody to feel that way. He's had some especially bad breaks this year, but he keeps his chin up and NEVER has blamed the bike, the team, the tech or anything...quite unlike some of his competition. Heck, when Erin interviewed him right after his bike puked a clutch on the line last week at Dallas it looked like he was fighting crying really hard, but he didn't and still gave props to his bike, his team & his sponsors. That takes a special kind of guy, and I believe James Stewart has found his place of maturity & humilty this year.

I hope he can shake all this negativity, and show what he's still got in Atlanta...and St. Louis (because I'll be there!).
Brent
2/22/2013 11:31am
I do feel bad for him, James was the fastest last weekend and he would have probably got the win, but these things tend to happen to team Suzuki the past few years.

Did this kind of mechanical stuff ever happen on DeCoster's watch?
BDOG
2/22/2013 12:22pm
BDOG wrote:

FroDiddy wrote:
Haha. If he stays on 2 wheels, James dominates Daytona. Stamp it. I don't really feel sorry for him as he has accomplished so much, but...
Haha. If he stays on 2 wheels, James dominates Daytona. Stamp it.

I don't really feel sorry for him as he has accomplished so much, but would like to see James shake this recent streak of bad luck.
and if my Aunt had balls she would be my Uncle...
BDOG
2/22/2013 12:26pm
that's some funny shit right there...
bg22
Fantasy
3048th
2/22/2013 12:26pm
I don't feel bad for him and his terrible results. Humble pie is his only option at the moment. Like McGrath said in his latest interview about his 72 win record, no time soon....
gt80rider
2/22/2013 12:42pm
mccread wrote:
I do and I wrote about it here...[url=http://www.mxvice.com/blog/racing/talking-point-james-stewart/]Poor James Stewart [/url] I hope that sometime this season he can shake the bad luck... last weekend was...
I do and I wrote about it here...Poor James Stewart

I hope that sometime this season he can shake the bad luck... last weekend was ridiculous!
I am not clickn on shit... Ccp, learn, use it, love it..

Post a reply to: Anyone feel sorry for Stewart ?

The Latest