Anyone ever thought of a Bristol Sx

logan_140
5/6/2016 9:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2016 11:43am
Now that they are doing the battle of Bristol football game. What if Bristol got a supercross race? Not every year because of ATL but maybe one year? Bet it would pack some people in
|
h&m_cycle
5/6/2016 10:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2016 10:18pm
I brought it up a couple of weeks ago of changing the Char. MXGP race, which is now being held at the dirt oval
to Bristol for the MXGP.....

It was pretty much decided that there's not many places to stay and it's a pain in the ass for those coming from
overseas...

You must of be away in College...

By the way... a few are very upset about the change in venue to the dirt track oval , because they bought tickets
already...

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/New-track-map-for-Mxgp-in…
5/6/2016 10:44pm
Honestly, it would be pretty pointless to have a supercross there since muddy creek is about 10 minutes from there. California seems to be the only exception of having SX and outdoor races real close to each other and that's because it's where all the factory teams are located. I do think the track would be really cool with the banked turns adding some elevation, but It wouldn't make sense at all being so close to Muddy Creek.

jmx411
5/6/2016 10:52pm
Idea is awesome. Problem is if even 80000 show up place will still look empty
jamma10
5/6/2016 11:25pm
Considering I live in Bristol (UK) I would be very much in favour!

The Shop

Mit12
5/7/2016 12:05am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2016 12:08am
People seem to forget that SX is a winter and spring sport. West coast races make since during this time of the season. Having a SX race on the east coast in January and February with snow, freezing tempatures along with open stadiums don't add up to good turnouts. Not to mention that California Arizona and Vegas probably have the largest sale of MX bikes in the US.
logan_140
5/7/2016 12:59am
Mit12 wrote:
People seem to forget that SX is a winter and spring sport. West coast races make since during this time of the season. Having a SX...
People seem to forget that SX is a winter and spring sport. West coast races make since during this time of the season. Having a SX race on the east coast in January and February with snow, freezing tempatures along with open stadiums don't add up to good turnouts. Not to mention that California Arizona and Vegas probably have the largest sale of MX bikes in the US.
I didn't even think of this! It would be cold As hell out lol
hillbilly
5/7/2016 6:06am
They had the rally cars there 2 or 3 years ago. It was really cool,nobody in the stands tho,I mean no bod eee.

They ran woo there and the dust was everywhere, took a while to clean that up.
kkawboy14
5/7/2016 7:42am
They will add 4 more sx in the next 5 years!
jmx411
5/7/2016 8:30am
hillbilly wrote:
They had the rally cars there 2 or 3 years ago. It was really cool,nobody in the stands tho,I mean no bod eee. They ran woo...
They had the rally cars there 2 or 3 years ago. It was really cool,nobody in the stands tho,I mean no bod eee.

I would have love to been at those woo events. I remember watching the first on on tnn. Good times.
hillbilly
5/7/2016 9:34am
hillbilly wrote:
They had the rally cars there 2 or 3 years ago. It was really cool,nobody in the stands tho,I mean no bod eee. They ran woo...

jmx411 wrote:
I would have love to been at those woo events. I remember watching the first on on tnn. Good times.
Couple years ago they did the "fastest lap" contest. Run anything. A super mod from up north,the ones with the engine moved far left,big block,trickness,had the record till a winged sprint got dialed and held it flat for 4 laps. Averaged just over 150mph for those 4 laps.
h&m_cycle
5/7/2016 11:42am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2016 11:44am
hillbilly wrote:

jmx411 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
Couple years ago they did the "fastest lap" contest. Run anything. A super mod from up north,the ones with the engine moved far left,big block,trickness,had the...
Couple years ago they did the "fastest lap" contest. Run anything. A super mod from up north,the ones with the engine moved far left,big block,trickness,had the record till a winged sprint got dialed and held it flat for 4 laps. Averaged just over 150mph for those 4 laps.
The 150mph record was set in qualifying for a sprint car race... The run what you brung time trials happen before this
and was slower, Brian Gerster set the new record with mopar power which used to be rare in sprint cars...

Jaws were dropping and eyes were popping as Brian Gerster zoomed around the high banks of Bristol Motor Speedway Saturday afternoon.
In the long awaited qualifying session for the TruFuel Xtreme Speed Classic, the 42-year-old winged sprint car racer from Indiana smashed the track record with a lap of 12.742 seconds at 150.585 mph.
Jason Blonde set the previous track standard at 13.245 seconds at 144.871 mph during the March 19 World’s Fastest Half-Mile Speed Trials. Nine drivers broke that mark in qualifying, but the chilly day belonged to Gerster.
Handling the high banks in masterful fashion, Gerster led all 25 laps en route to the $10,000 payday.
“This is an incredible facility. It’s neat to be the first person to go 150 mph and to win this race,” Gerster said.
Gerster and his crew experimented with assorted combinations and track lines during Friday’s practice session. Amazingly, Gerster said his car was capable of even more speed.
“We actually made our qualifying run on an older tire that we raced with earlier this season,” Gerster said. “If we would have been on a fresher tire, we would have qualified even faster.”

His qualifying record run is here...

https://youtu.be/BK5qu711YfY
kkawboy14
5/7/2016 11:43am
Bristol? Never heard of it!

Post a reply to: Anyone ever thought of a Bristol Sx

The Latest