Anyone ever ride one of these?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2009 12:42 PM

I did, pretty frigg'n scary!
Photo

|

HOLY SCHNITZENGRUBEN! WE WON THE SUPER BOWL!

9/14/2009 12:43 PM

My son owned one of those, don't know how he lived through that.

|

9/14/2009 12:47 PM

I owned a 350cc version (red). I had fun on it.

|

I don't trust any "Joined Date" later than 2012

9/14/2009 12:57 PM

I rode a friend's RD400 Yamaha done up, man....those are fun! They should bring them back for grass roots racing!

|

9/14/2009 1:56 PM

i saw one raced at golden gate fields one year...gary scott i think it was, took big balls

|

9/14/2009 2:38 PM

Two stroke tripple? A friend had one in highschool. It was a blast. Way too much bike. We used to take turns on it, basically going straight. One day he was being a smart ass came up to my house and left a 40 foot burnout in front of the driveway.

|

9/14/2009 3:22 PM

I've owned several. 250, 350, 400, 500, 750. More 500's than any. I think I had 4 of the 500's over the years. Last one got stolen off my porch with less than 6K on the speedo. Never did here anything about it

|

The older I get, the faster I was. Posting without a cast on is fun!

9/14/2009 3:59 PM

Had a Blue H1, 500cc, in High School, 126mph flat out in 5th.

That looks like a 750. If so, yes, scary.
|

9/14/2009 4:02 PM

can you say tankslapper?

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

9/14/2009 4:55 PM

Ah yes...the street equivalent of the TM400 Cyclone Suzuki!

|

"My philosophy is to have a really good time and never to let anything stop me from doing what I want to do.

Michel Petrucciani

9/14/2009 5:06 PM

Watched Price Cobb loop his out in the parking lot at school during lunch one day. He had some 'splaining to do to the headmaster. (Damned lucky he wasn't hurt too much).

Who's Price Cobb?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_Cobb

|

9/14/2009 5:16 PM

Just sold mine, amazingly hard bike to get turned considering it wobbled in a straight line. lol!

|

9/14/2009 5:40 PM

Have one sittin in my grove rustin away.
Local tow company gave to me about 12 years ago when some kid went off the road a got killed on it.

|

9/14/2009 11:00 PM

The Rock wrote:

Ah yes...the street equivalent of the TM400 Cyclone Suzuki!

HAA HAA! Yep!

|

9/14/2009 11:48 PM

My brother had the 500, it was kick start only....some idiot put a 750 motor in a Kawi MT50 frame at our minibike club back in the day. crazy

|

"The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets." Baron Rothschild

9/15/2009 6:15 AM

I never owned one but a buddie did smilesmile I think it was a 1000 though ???? or no ? That thing sounded so Awesome smilesmile I would like to find one of those some day.

|

9/15/2009 7:40 AM

WhipMeister wrote:

Watched Price Cobb loop his out in the parking lot at school during lunch one day. He had some 'splaining to do to the ...more

Good story. I worked with Price on the TWR Jaguar IMSA team. At Daytona 24hr in 1990 when we went 1-2, he was in the second place car. I remember one pit stop when we were changing drivers, he threw the door open and puked out the side of the car. He always had de-hydration problems.

Funny video about Price here: Go to the 1989 TWR Jaguar blooper reel. This was made for our Christmas party that year:

http://www.grandtouringprototype.com/category/videos/page/3/

Back on the thread, yes, I rode an H2 Kawasaki 750. One of the most fun things you can do with your clothes on.

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

9/15/2009 7:44 AM

WhipMeister wrote:

Watched Price Cobb loop his out in the parking lot at school during lunch one day. He had some 'splaining to do to the ...more

Just looked at the wicki entry, and it is wrong. Price finished second at Daytona in 1990 with Martin Brundle and John Neilsen. They were in the 60 car

The winning car was Davy Jones, Jan Lammers and Andy Wallace in the 61 car.

I know because I was the fueler on the winning car, though I did do 1 fuel stop on Price's car when the crew chief (who was the fueler) changed a cracked brake disk early Sunday morning.

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

9/15/2009 9:45 AM

Had a couple and restored a couple. Sold my last one, a green 74 H2 (750) with Denco chambers, a few years ago. Those things were like a bullet. You'd better make sure you had a clear path in front of you, because there was no stopping or turning once you pulled the trigger.

|

The Lapper...Making fast guys look faster since 1971!

9/15/2009 9:54 AM

Motodude wrote:

My brother had the 500, it was kick start only....some idiot put a 750 motor in a Kawi MT50 frame at our minibike club back in ...more

HA!

I wonder if that dude is related to AJ?????

|

9/15/2009 11:36 AM

indy_maico wrote:

Good story. I worked with Price on the TWR Jaguar IMSA team. At Daytona 24hr in 1990 when we went 1-2, he was in the second ...more

That was pretty damned funny. Price was a cool dude in high school. Crazy as shit, but a decent guy. I challenged his trash-talking ass to bring his butt out to Rabbit Run so I could school him in a little dirt bike ridin. Offered him the 250 while I stayed on the tiddler. Always promised to kick my ass, but he never did show up. Lucky for him he didn't. (But it was all good.)

I sure wish I had his '70 Boss 302 Trans Am. Had a chance to get it, but no funds. Ford only made enough of them for homologation.

|

9/15/2009 1:58 PM

Friend of mine had one of the original white ones. Jumped on behind him once and burned the hell out of my ankle on those pipes. Still got a little scar.

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

9/15/2009 2:08 PM

indy_maico wrote:

Just looked at the wicki entry, and it is wrong. Price finished second at Daytona in 1990 with Martin Brundle and John ...more

The wiki is referring to LeMans, not Daytona.

|

9/15/2009 2:26 PM

WhipMeister wrote:

The wiki is referring to LeMans, not Daytona.

Right! My bad.

That LeMans car was prepared over here in our shop in Valparaiso, IN.

The UK team prepared 3 cars, and we beat them with the US car. Walkinshaw stuck Martin Brundle in the car on the last stint just so he could have a British driver in the winning car.

|

9/15/2009 4:44 PM

I had an H1. I worked at Protopipe at the time so I made some expansion chambers for it. It was so freaking loud. I used to call it my Flexi-Flyer.

|

9/15/2009 6:49 PM

I have a 74 H2 stock it put out 74 HP we dyno 'd it after paul gast(FAST BY GAST) got done with the motor and it was 124HP 122 mph in the quarter mile @ 11.48 sec. and that was with me being carefull on the launch (no wheelie bars) beat my nephew on his kawi rr 900 @ the 60 ft. mark and 1/8 mile mark then he got me @ the finish by a second.and the reasonyours shook in a straight line is because you didn't have the swing arm bolt torqued properly.

|

9/15/2009 7:02 PM

Yes. My friend had one in '90 or '91 when were still in high school. I'm thinking it was a 500, but I dont remember that well. I know that we thought it was an old relic even back then. It was in amazing shape though, and his dad had something to do with him getting rid of it and getting a car.

|

9/15/2009 7:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 2:11 AM

Most likely wasn't Gary Scott, Bobby. I always remember him on Triumphs, Harley's and Honda's at the end of his career on TT's. I think you are mixing him up with Scott Brelsford.

This is Scott Brelsford on a triple #19 and Rex Beuchamp #31 on a factory Harley

http://www.thunderplex.com/...rex/r2p/dan6_sm1.jpg

|

9/15/2009 9:12 PM

Wet.

|

Sometimes, Gravity just sucks.

9/16/2009 1:27 AM

BUTCH wrote:

Most likely wasn't Gary Scott, Bobby. I always remember him on Triumphs, Harley's and Honda's at the end of his career on ...more

I think Don Castro tried a Kawi triple on the mile too.

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.