Anyone ever race a full gas sprint enduro ?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/25/2018 4:32 PM

They are allot of fun and if you haven't checked them out you should give it a try. I haven't really ridden a bike in probably 35 years and I borrowed a friends bike and raced the last two and I have to say it was the most fun I have ever had on a dirt bike. Now i'm going to buy a new Yamaha 250f and race them all next year.
This is a short clip to give an idea of how it is.

&t=75s
|

10/25/2018 4:43 PM

Looks super ,Fun how long are the tracks ?

|

10/25/2018 5:07 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

Looks super ,Fun how long are the tracks ?

They average 3 miles for each The cross test and the enduro test. You race each test three times both Saturday and Sunday so you get allot of riding in with a break in between each test.

|

10/25/2018 5:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2018 5:39 PM

Yes. I have. We had 3 tracks. 1 woods. 1 moto. 1 open field/grass. We had skill classes. A/B/C. 3hours and 20 minutes to complete 3 woods loops and 4 loops on the other 2 tracks. It was a gas! That race was held in Cambridge MN.

|

10/25/2018 5:32 PM

Yep. We ran a few of them last year. Jason Hooper does a heck of a job putting them on. Live timing, great courses, no lame mini parents. Full Gas and J day offroads some of the best events going right now. If you can do one, I would suggest the Harleywood Round in Bristol, Virginia. The cross portion is what dreams are made of.

">

|

10/25/2018 6:20 PM

I havent, but I have had most of those guys scream at me as they passed me in the Alligator enduro-

|

10/25/2018 8:20 PM

I been wanting to try one. Need to hit one close to TN next year.

|

10/26/2018 12:19 AM

All I ever from anyone that has done one is how much fun they are and how much riding time they get in.
I'd love to try one sometime!

|

10/26/2018 4:52 AM

They started a series this past year in my area, Michigan sprint enduro, Hosted a 2 day ISDE qualifier in the spring in Battle creek. Great opportunity to get in a good days worth of riding, had plenty of moto guys show up for the series, Very similar format to running moto's but instead of waiting hrs between races you wait 20 minutes or less, just enough time to go get a drink and have your wife ask you how much longer are we going to be here, then you spark up your ride and head over to the start haha.

|

10/26/2018 5:00 AM

Twice now, super fun courses and the whole event runs like a well oiled machine.

|

10/26/2018 5:30 AM

I have raced a few. Jason and his crew are good people. When they named the series they weren't joking. You'd better be on your game if you plan on placing decent. A lot of moto guys have been racing them and some of us older single track guys just can't hang it out like that. None the less they are a good time, set up by good people, with a good atmosphere and race structure.

|

10/27/2018 9:29 AM

Premix wrote:

Yep. We ran a few of them last year. Jason Hooper does a heck of a job putting them on. Live timing, great courses, no lame ...more

Yes he does a great job. The layout on the cross test is so much fun and flows so well that it makes you want to just keep on riding. I didnt ride at Harleywood but some of my kids that I help did and they loved it. Maybe I will see you next year there.

|

10/27/2018 9:45 AM

What's a good bike to enter one of these?

|

10/27/2018 10:14 AM

yz133rider wrote:

I rode a 250f set up for moto and softened the suspension up a little hoping it would do ok in the woods however the single track was tight and technical and the clutch didn’t fare so well.

Next time I’ll ride the KDX.

|

10/27/2018 12:52 PM

yz133rider wrote:

Just about any off road bike. There was a guy racing a KTM 990 at Big Buck. lol. I would stick to more of a moto bike though.

|