Anyone else notice this at A1?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2019 7:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2019 7:34 AM

Hey guys, when I was watching A1 and browsing social media I noticed a difference in the "production" LE tech 10's and the ones that the pros were wearing? Anyone else notice this? Anyone have some insight if they are making any revisions? I know it's miniscule but Keefer was talking about how stiff they were and expected a revision... I feel bad for the guys like me who already purchased a pair... 600 is hard to swallow when the company is going to make a change this soon into it's life cycle.

Photo
Photo

|

1/7/2019 10:26 AM

I may be blind, but whats the major differences you see?

|

1/7/2019 10:39 AM

Don't feel bad for yourself... they are just boots.

|

1/7/2019 10:51 AM

I heard that there will be an updated model of the new gen boot. Everyone that i have talked to that have them say that they are just too stiff and they don't break in like the old boot.

It might be BS but that is what i heard from one guy.

But i can't see any difference in those boots that Anderson are using compared to the studio pictures of the Tech 10? Except the different color on those 3 bumpers between the front buckles? A quick tip, removing those helps in making the boot softer according to some people.

|

1/7/2019 10:57 AM

I have a pair of Anderson’s boots from Seattle last year and the only difference for his boots is the grip on the inside is different then production boots

|

1/7/2019 10:58 AM

i'm wondering when the BOA system will hit moto boots. my new KLIM snowbike boots have the BOA system and i fuckin' love it bro

|

1/7/2019 11:02 AM

peelout wrote:

i'm wondering when the BOA system will hit moto boots. my new KLIM snowbike boots have the BOA system and i fuckin' love it bro

Maybe FLY if they are planning on making a high-end boot? They already use BOA on their pants!

|

1/7/2019 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2019 11:12 AM

Has anyone washed a pair of these yet and how was the experience?

|

1/7/2019 11:17 AM

ga_pike wrote:

I’m sure localriders has. I’m assuming it was a very climactic experience.

|

1/7/2019 11:19 AM

I bought 2 pairs of the last gen boots this past year, I'm a genius!

|

1/7/2019 11:21 AM

Yeah the different colors in the "bumpers" makes me think that it's a different compound thus allowing more flex without completely sacrificing the safety gain from them. That's the difference I noticed. Like I said, didn't know if anyone had some insider information.

|

1/7/2019 12:25 PM

Me rn trying to figure out what the hell OP is talking about..
Photo

|

1/7/2019 12:29 PM

Damn, so that explains Anderson's funky performance. Boots were too stiff.

|

1/7/2019 12:44 PM

Holy conspiracy theory. It definitely is minuscule. How many pictures did you have to look at to find that difference?

|

1/7/2019 12:47 PM

No, no I did not notice that from A1. I was to distracted by the awesome racing from the night. Should have been more focused on riders boots. WTF was I thinking.

|

2018 CRF250R

1/7/2019 12:53 PM

aharper33 wrote:

Holy conspiracy theory. It definitely is minuscule. How many pictures did you have to look at to find that difference?

Dude, I still don't see a difference. Can you help a brother out?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/7/2019 12:56 PM

aharper33 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Dude, I still don't see a difference. Can you help a brother out?

I see the 3 straps between buckles are different color between boots

|

1/7/2019 1:01 PM

Thread title needs updated to *NSFW*

Paging localrider. Boot thread. Get yer lube.

|

1/7/2019 1:32 PM

The one on the left has a black piece under the ribbing, the other is red. I believe the sky is falling. Wait, maybe not...

|

1/7/2019 2:27 PM

Hahaha, thanks for the good razzing guys. I know I know, it's miniscule, but I'm a weirdo about gear that notices these things.

|

1/7/2019 2:41 PM

walkitoff wrote:

Hahaha, thanks for the good razzing guys. I know I know, it's miniscule, but I'm a weirdo about gear that notices these things.

but you still didn't tell us WHAT IS DIFFERENT?

PS - I love that some of you guys dork out on stuff like this. Nobody would understand except fellow moto-heads.

|

1/7/2019 2:58 PM

ga_pike wrote:

they don't water log like previous gen

|

1/7/2019 2:59 PM

ga_pike wrote:

SEE ARE125 wrote:

I’m sure localriders has. I’m assuming it was a very climactic experience.

I LOL'ed. No lie.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

1/7/2019 3:00 PM

psg119 wrote:

Ankle where its really stiff. Production has gray in it, Riders boot is all colored making me belief It has more flex

|

1/7/2019 3:01 PM

scrallex wrote:

Photo

the spot in question is a place where a test rider cuts the new version for added flex. This is why most colors aren't even out yet

|

1/7/2019 3:03 PM

scrallex wrote:

Photo

DTR830 wrote:

the spot in question is a place where a test rider cuts the new version for added flex. This is why most colors aren't even out yet

Actually they are all in stock now. Just came in Friday.

|

1/7/2019 3:03 PM

Thanks for the help DTR830! Hahaha

|

1/7/2019 3:04 PM

psg119 wrote:

DTR830 wrote:

Ankle where its really stiff. Production has gray in it, Riders boot is all colored making me belief It has more flex

No, he just has his boots buckled up tighter. Same boot.

|

1/7/2019 4:33 PM

I wish this thread would get the boot so I didn't waste my time reading 27 replies about nothinglaughing laughing laughing

|

1/7/2019 5:05 PM

psg119 wrote:

DTR830 wrote:

deluxeman wrote:

No, he just has his boots buckled up tighter. Same boot.

For those who don't see diff.

Photo

|