Anyone else here never won a race?

kage173
7/6/2018 7:46am
cwtoyota wrote:
Each of you guys should buy a 125 and go racing every chance you get for a year. Rain or shine, any track. Just find some...
Each of you guys should buy a 125 and go racing every chance you get for a year.
Rain or shine, any track. Just find some racing to gain experience.

The next year, race the first half of the season on the same 125 and then switch it up to a 250F.
You'll find that you're a whole lot faster and a whole lot more competitive in your particular class.
This is awful advice.

If you genuinely want to win and are actually willing to put in the effort, then you must follow the proven path to local racing success and learn the art of sandbagging.

I watched the top 4 guys in the beginner class clear every jump on the track a few weeks ago. Learn from them. Study their habits. Become one with the sandbag.
al711
7/6/2018 8:23am
I've went 1-2, 2-2 several times, lots of 3rds and 4ths including hare scrambles but never have I got an overall. 52 years old and time is running out! ?
7/6/2018 5:11pm
Took 2 years before I went 1-1. I rode my usual class but it was at an annual race at a private track that only a few guys get to ride. I had ridden it a couple times as it's next to the family farm and is deep sand which is what I love. I gapped 2nd place by a minute both motos, I felt like a huge sandbagger, but I'd never done better than a 3rd in C at that point.

Spent a few more years consistently being top 5 weekend after weekend, a bad race would be top 10. I moved from Ontario to the East coast for work, and it seems we had an all new group of guys in vet class back home that I hadn't raced before. Had a chance weekend to go race back home, on a 250f in a field of 450s I holeshotted both motos on a track that had a steep long hill after the first corner. Luckily the hill was also on a decent bend which likely helped me. Went 1-1 that day as well and never showed up again. I'm sure a few of those guys are wondering who that random guy was that showed up for a weekend on a 250f and schooled them... I'm not sure how I did it.
Bradj70
7/6/2018 8:00pm
put me in the 0 win club! haha. I raced D class once and battled for the lead (but didn't win), me and the other guy both fell about 4 or 5 times and still managed to beat about 5 other riders. I thought it was too easy of a class to be battling for wins while riding so crappy, so i moved up to c class and never got closer then a 3rd. raced for about 18mths broke my leg went to college and married and kids and.....etc never been able really give it a go again. I love it though. follow the sport pretty closely and hope to be back at the track with my kids one day! Great life lessons can be learned from racing and motocross i'd reccomend it to anyone weather you win or lose

The Shop

OW38B
Fantasy
148th
7/6/2018 8:07pm
Sorry can't help you.......Friday night Corona Raceway, went 4-3 for 1st overall.............true story.
Camp332
7/6/2018 8:33pm
My closest was a 1-2 for 2nd overal in the 25+B class with about 12 - 15 guys in it. Not a single overall win. I used to race 3 times a year. Hoping to get back out there.

Post a reply to: Anyone else here never won a race?

The Latest