Anyone else have their Mav TV subscription canceled???

Related:
Create New Tag

6/1/2022 8:48 PM

The solution is simple!!
1 hr time slot , to show a 35min moto.
That is a 25 min gap to play with.
Pause the race when they go to a commercial
Then start airing the moto exactly where they left off!

I have seen plenty of racing broadcasts that do it this way.
We are paying to watch a race......not be force fed commercials and then only get 70% of the race!

They double dipped here..... collecting money from us + still running sponsored ads. Was bullshit!

|

" And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

6/1/2022 8:57 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

The solution is simple!!
Pause the race when they ...more

ThAts not what people want in 2022 with social media. You don’t want to see racerX updates on twitter while the broadcast is at a commercial.

We’ve had commercial free MX for at least 5 years now it seems. It shouldn’t be this complicated.

On a broader topic in terms of making the sport better for tv. It would help to shorten to the Moto’s to 20-25 minutes so it could fit in a 2-3 time window instead of 4. 4 is way to long for most people to sit and watch.

|

6/1/2022 11:33 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

The solution is simple!!

soggy wrote:

ThAts not what people want in 2022 with social media. You don’t want to see racerX updates on twitter while the broadcast is ...more

You don't shorten Motos.......period! That's stupid! Believe it or not....Motos back in the day , started out at 45mins long.

My point was , if they can't broadcast the full 35mins strait , then pause it! There is literally no other way , unless they go with no interruptions what so ever , which does not sound like what they are willing to do.

Shorten the Motos? Blasphemy!

|

" And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

6/2/2022 2:20 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

The solution is simple!!

I'd be OK with that.

|

HAF

6/2/2022 4:57 AM

So my subscription was also canceled. I noticed when I tried to watch a replay. Do we buy a new subscription....or.... what's going on here.

|

6/2/2022 5:13 AM

JB 19 wrote:

So my subscription was also canceled. I noticed when I tried to watch a replay. Do we buy a new subscription....or.... what's ...more

I'd wait. There is still not clarity to whether the streams will be ad free or not.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

6/2/2022 5:21 AM

It’s not going to be commercial free (if it works this time).

|

6/2/2022 5:40 AM

Sawfish wrote:

It’s not going to be commercial free (if it works this time).

Then i hope everyone cancels their subscriptions.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

6/2/2022 5:58 AM

Let's be honest here. How hard is it, as a already existing racing broadcast network, to get this right? All you have to do is:

Let the motos play live uninterrupted.
Don't run commercials during the race.
Don't play any dumb features over the racing and not go back to what we missed, just don't.
Play commercials between the end of the race and interviews, then again after interviews until the next moto's parade lap.
Don't watch ONLY 2 riders the whole race while missing the actual racing in the top 5..

This shouldn't be that hard..

|

I'm just here to stir sh#t up...

6/2/2022 7:11 AM

Replay the next day was commercial free and the coverage continued, not just a blank screen. So don't watch it live, then you get the whole race.

|

6/2/2022 7:33 AM

So in my blissful ignorance, i thought it would be a good service and paid for a yearly subscription to support the platform...
No refund here....
Guess I'm stuck with it.

|

6/2/2022 8:14 AM

Sparkalounger wrote:

So in my blissful ignorance, i thought it would be a good service and paid for a yearly subscription to support the ...more

I was pretty miffed last weekend , but I want to try and give them another round or two before I make a decision. Actually paid monthly , so 4 rounds I guess.

|

6/2/2022 8:21 AM

kawasa84 wrote:

You and me both. I've got the dreaded directTV and MAVTV. I started my viewing 1 hour and 10 minutes into the races. With my ...more

X3.... dvr... wait one hour.... then fast forward through all the commercials... then caught up by the last 450 moto.... easy peasy...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

6/2/2022 8:23 AM

Based on the statement they put out, that they are on the issue and hope to have it resolved at some point this season, and the fact that they have already refunded many of their subscribers... It doesnt seem as if they will have this issue sorted out anytime soon.

|

6/2/2022 10:55 AM

Seems kind of odd they are cancelling subscriptions instead of just refunding, or giving a free month. Makes me wonder what is really going on.

|

6/2/2022 2:14 PM

I signed up through the website, paid for 1 month, everything worked just fine, but I couldn't log in and watch on the mavtvplus app on my TV. When I notified mavtv, they said there was no record of my account. I can still access everything on the website and it won't let me cancel my subscription because it says I have no subscription. There have been no charges to my credit card.

|

6/2/2022 2:34 PM

I didn't receive anything in regards to cancelling the subscription, but I just received the following email:

Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/2/2022 2:42 PM

i ended up adding the sports package to my YoutubeTV account which gave me MavTV, it's about $7 per month more but i had all 4 motos waiting for me when i got home saturday night.

|

6/2/2022 2:44 PM

Yups, just got the same as Maverick.

|

6/2/2022 11:05 PM

nrosso391 wrote:

I cancelled mine before 2nd motos...It was awful. and FREE on YOUTUBE

soggy wrote:

It won’t be FREE on YouTube this weekend

It will be if you know what channels to look on. They usually stay up for a day or so before getting knicked.

|

6/3/2022 10:45 AM

I got the same notification as Maverick. I'm on the monthly plan. If they don't get the subscribed streaming service commercial free, I will be one and done monthly with MAV. I like watching Pro MX, but not enough to pay and get commercials. I already pay for MXGP and MotoGP and I can probably get enough racing fix this summer.

I'm hopeful this all gets sorted out, but if not I'll speak with my wallet.

|

The artist formerly known as "hamncheeze". Old MXer, now Superfan.

6/3/2022 11:22 AM

Just a heads up - the MAVTV app for FireTV is down also.

Consider using the YouTube app on FireTV tomorrow for practice and the show.

|

6/3/2022 4:19 PM

I didn't get the email but just checked my bank statement and saw it was refunded, checked the app and says everything is locked.

|

6/3/2022 4:40 PM

davis224 wrote:

I didn't get the email but just checked my bank statement and saw it was refunded, checked the app and says everything is ...more

I just checked my statements and no refund, just the original monthly charge on May 27. I'll check the app once I'm back at home, but wow this is a shitshow.

Last season Peacock worked fine and for international viewers we still had NBC Sports Gold which also worked fine. I get that NBC restructured a lot of its broadcasting and maybe there was no good home for Pro MX, but it really seems as though MavTV was not prepared to handle this at all.

|

The artist formerly known as "hamncheeze". Old MXer, now Superfan.

6/3/2022 5:29 PM

davis224 wrote:

I didn't get the email but just checked my bank statement and saw it was refunded, checked the app and says everything is ...more

Bacon_n_Egg'r wrote:

I just checked my statements and no refund, just the original monthly charge on May 27. I'll check the app once I'm back at ...more

I actually got the refund first, then a debit. Weird.

|

6/3/2022 5:32 PM

dre3101 wrote:

Just a heads up - the MAVTV app for FireTV is down also.

Consider using the YouTube app on FireTV tomorrow for practice and ...more

It’s back up on Firestick but I did have to log back in to make it work.

|

6/5/2022 12:35 AM

soresammy wrote:

Just got this email.... I didn't cancel anything. My Mav+ TV app still works. Odd Photo

Ok so I've had this happen to me twice. I contacted google play (who the cancelation came from). They told me it was and issue with my bank cancellinging it.

|

6/5/2022 3:06 AM

soggy wrote:

Yea it sounds like they are just giving refunds for this month, trying to do the right thing.. give them a little credit.

No sir, doesn't sound that way at all.

|