Anyone at Muddy Creek for SE regional last weekend?

Steve 396
Edited Date/Time 6/15/2014 8:34pm
We were there with my son trying to make it to the big show in the 250C class. Didn't go so well but that's how it goes sometimes. Still proud he made it there to race. Anyone there and have thoughts on the weekend?

BTW, new to the forum. Been checking it out for a while and decided its time to join the good discussions going on here.

Steve
|
Squid-mom
6/14/2014 2:16pm
Glad you had a good time at your regional. Unfortunately, there are not many of us on here that are very interested in Amatuer MX, most threads involve Pro stuff.
mx-4-2
6/14/2014 4:27pm
We were there running the 2 stroke B/C and college boy for my son. I was in 30 B/c and 35+. Had a great time. Neither of us advanced but loved the event. Glad the rain helps off. Thought the track guys did a solid job in keeping the track in decent shape. First time we had been to Muddy Creek. Liked the track. Bomber triple is huge.

Headed to high point at the end of the month for another go at it.
jleews6
6/14/2014 5:32pm
I wasnt there but I had some friends there. They said the track was in bad shape and allot of kids were crashing. a friend of mine won the 2 stroke B/C and another was in 250C and crashed and got hurt. I really thought he had a chance at being a top 5 but thats how it goes.
hillbilly
6/15/2014 6:47pm
jleews6 wrote:
I wasnt there but I had some friends there. They said the track was in bad shape and allot of kids were crashing. a friend of...
I wasnt there but I had some friends there. They said the track was in bad shape and allot of kids were crashing. a friend of mine won the 2 stroke B/C and another was in 250C and crashed and got hurt. I really thought he had a chance at being a top 5 but thats how it goes.
What is bad shape? Ruff and rutted?

Everyone wants the track plowed and fluffed like my tobacco patch.

The Shop

thesadguy
6/15/2014 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2014 7:23pm
mx-4-2 wrote:
We were there running the 2 stroke B/C and college boy for my son. I was in 30 B/c and 35+. Had a great time. Neither...
We were there running the 2 stroke B/C and college boy for my son. I was in 30 B/c and 35+. Had a great time. Neither of us advanced but loved the event. Glad the rain helps off. Thought the track guys did a solid job in keeping the track in decent shape. First time we had been to Muddy Creek. Liked the track. Bomber triple is huge.

Headed to high point at the end of the month for another go at it.
Good luck to you at your next regional. I do, however, think they should only allow racers an attempt to qualify only in their region. It kind of defeats the purpose of regions when you have a shit ton of people from outside that particular region trying to qualify.
gharmon
6/15/2014 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2014 7:37pm
Steve 396 wrote:
We were there with my son trying to make it to the big show in the 250C class. Didn't go so well but that's how it...
We were there with my son trying to make it to the big show in the 250C class. Didn't go so well but that's how it goes sometimes. Still proud he made it there to race. Anyone there and have thoughts on the weekend?

BTW, new to the forum. Been checking it out for a while and decided its time to join the good discussions going on here.

Steve
Do y'all race in the Southern Hardcore Series? My son runs some of those races and also runs 250C. I thought I recognized the bike in your avatar?
Squid-mom
6/15/2014 8:21pm
thesadguy wrote:
Good luck to you at your next regional. I do, however, think they should only allow racers an attempt to qualify only in their region. It...
Good luck to you at your next regional. I do, however, think they should only allow racers an attempt to qualify only in their region. It kind of defeats the purpose of regions when you have a shit ton of people from outside that particular region trying to qualify.
What do you want to see at LL? The fastest riders in the country in their respective classes? or some riders who get in just because they live in a weak region? Historically, the NC is always the easiest regional, but living there should not give you a free pass to the ranch if you are not fast enough to compete elsewhere.
jleews6
6/15/2014 8:34pm
jleews6 wrote:
I wasnt there but I had some friends there. They said the track was in bad shape and allot of kids were crashing. a friend of...
hillbilly wrote:
What is bad shape? Ruff and rutted?

Everyone wants the track plowed and fluffed like my tobacco patch.
Rough and rutted is a good thing.

Post a reply to: Anyone at Muddy Creek for SE regional last weekend?

The Latest