Anyone Want a Free Helmet Paintjob?

2/1/2018 9:32am
Could you give an estimate on cost of supplies? Possibly interested in putting something together but wanting to get some type of idea on cost before...
Could you give an estimate on cost of supplies? Possibly interested in putting something together but wanting to get some type of idea on cost before looking into it
yak651 wrote:
Yes, would like to know this to. Don't really NEED a helmet, but seems like an opportunity that would be hard to pass up. You can...
Yes, would like to know this to. Don't really NEED a helmet, but seems like an opportunity that would be hard to pass up. You can PM if you don't want to list here.
Thanks
Last guy's materials ran around a hundred twenty bucks, but his needed a few different shades of blue. I could probably keep the cost around 80ish if necessary. The expensive bit is the clear coat activator. Figure your base colors need around 4oz minimum, and other/accent colors you can get away with the 2oz bottle. Tape and sand paper i pay for myself because I have plenty.

Ive had about a dozen people DM me, yet when I reply with my email address and say Email Me, i get silence!
Motofinne
2/1/2018 10:27am
Is it okay to send you a helmet from Finland? If it is, i'll PM you in march when i get my hands on the new Shoei! What is the preferred color? Black or white?
Moto Mofo
2/1/2018 10:40am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2018 10:41am
thefactorypilot, any idea what kind of helmet that open face from your original post is? Trying to find something similar with a screw-on visor, for a late 80s/early 90s theme. Something with a snap on visor wouldn’t look right with a Scott Venturi. Thanks in advance!

The Shop

reded
2/1/2018 5:23pm
Could you give an estimate on cost of supplies? Possibly interested in putting something together but wanting to get some type of idea on cost before...
Could you give an estimate on cost of supplies? Possibly interested in putting something together but wanting to get some type of idea on cost before looking into it
yak651 wrote:
Yes, would like to know this to. Don't really NEED a helmet, but seems like an opportunity that would be hard to pass up. You can...
Yes, would like to know this to. Don't really NEED a helmet, but seems like an opportunity that would be hard to pass up. You can PM if you don't want to list here.
Thanks
Last guy's materials ran around a hundred twenty bucks, but his needed a few different shades of blue. I could probably keep the cost around 80ish...
Last guy's materials ran around a hundred twenty bucks, but his needed a few different shades of blue. I could probably keep the cost around 80ish if necessary. The expensive bit is the clear coat activator. Figure your base colors need around 4oz minimum, and other/accent colors you can get away with the 2oz bottle. Tape and sand paper i pay for myself because I have plenty.

Ive had about a dozen people DM me, yet when I reply with my email address and say Email Me, i get silence!
Pm me. I promise I'm good for it.
2/1/2018 6:34pm
What are you using for paint?
I'd like to give it a go myself, I paint helicopters and other aircraft part as part of my job, I have access to gerber stencil machines and whatever else I would need... Thinking a fighter jet grey and flat black inspired job.

Post a reply to: Anyone Want a Free Helmet Paintjob?

The Latest