Related:
Create New Tag
JBrockman856 JBrockman856
8/8/2018 9:06 AM

I'm getting in a new helmet here very soon and was curious if anyone has owned a Scorpion VX-R70. Should the price scare me or is it a good quality helmet? I love the look of it, but I've always been a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and the scorpion is significantly cheaper than most other common helmets. Gotta admit, Colton Haaker and Zach Bell make them look good.

Photo Photo

aFACEdismembered aFACEdismembered
8/8/2018 10:08 AM

I had a big get off a few weekends ago wearing one. Knocked out and banged up pretty good. I cracked the inside foam shell liner and it visibly bruised my temple/side of my head. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad helmet though. Technically it did it's job. I'm still walking and talking and I wasn't out long. I'm not buying another one though. I didn't like the fit on my head and it was noisy. The inner foam shell made a lot of rubbing noises when I would move the helmet to adjust it on my head. I've never owned a helmet that made that noise before so it bothered me.

I'll post some pics when I get home if I remember to.

JBrockman856 JBrockman856
8/8/2018 1:56 PM

Looks like Bell it is then! Thank you for the insight.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry