Anyone Here Collecting Contingency?

Agent717
Curious if anyone here is making use of contingency programs.

MFG
Class
District/Region
|
ccullins
11/18/2020 8:06am Edited Date/Time 11/18/2020 8:06am
Yep

Beta
National Trials
SR40, Sportsman
National Series

I’m sure not the kind of answer you where looking for😂 , but I’ve made some.
Agent717
11/18/2020 8:36am
ccullins wrote:
Yep

Beta
National Trials
SR40, Sportsman
National Series

I’m sure not the kind of answer you where looking for😂 , but I’ve made some.
Nice!
Spooner
11/18/2020 11:35am
Thor does contingency for my offroad series I race.
11/18/2020 12:25pm
Yes

Husqvarna
40+A 45+ and occasionally 35+
District 6 northeast
Mostly Henrietta classic series

The Shop

ktmdan
11/18/2020 1:11pm
In 2009, I bought a Kawi solely because of contingency despite not being the best bike for me. I could make $700 in a weekend racing the A class off-road. The money went on a debit card that I could use anywhere.

I actually just realized that KTM doesn't offer contingency in my series this year. Doesn't really matter as I think I would get like $100 for second overall according to the previous contingency...

I've always wondered what would happen if a company, like Suzuki, just completely pulled their money from pro racing (I know they pretty much already did...) and then put that couple million dollars into contingency for local series'. I would gladly race an RMZ450 if I could make money like in 2009.

Anyways, to answer your question. No, I'm not collecting contingency of any kind this year.
LungButter
11/18/2020 1:14pm
ktmdan wrote:
In 2009, I bought a Kawi solely because of contingency despite not being the best bike for me. I could make $700 in a weekend racing...
In 2009, I bought a Kawi solely because of contingency despite not being the best bike for me. I could make $700 in a weekend racing the A class off-road. The money went on a debit card that I could use anywhere.

I actually just realized that KTM doesn't offer contingency in my series this year. Doesn't really matter as I think I would get like $100 for second overall according to the previous contingency...

I've always wondered what would happen if a company, like Suzuki, just completely pulled their money from pro racing (I know they pretty much already did...) and then put that couple million dollars into contingency for local series'. I would gladly race an RMZ450 if I could make money like in 2009.

Anyways, to answer your question. No, I'm not collecting contingency of any kind this year.
The Kawi Debit Card was pretty sweet, I had a match with my dealer/Team Green in addition where I got a parts allowance equal to the Kawi Contingency I made.

Those were the good times....
mx216
11/18/2020 4:33pm
ktmdan wrote:
In 2009, I bought a Kawi solely because of contingency despite not being the best bike for me. I could make $700 in a weekend racing...

When I rode Suzuki in 04 and 05 the contingency was great. Bummer was, most of it went back to Suzuki from buying cylinder heads and water pump seals LaughingSick
ccullins
11/18/2020 4:44pm
ktmdan wrote:

In the 90’s Suzuki paid contingency for a lot of off-road series, including D-36 in Northern California. It was a decent amount and the races where full of RMX’s because of it. It makes a difference if the riders feel a manufacturer cares about their series.
Zoom
11/18/2020 4:45pm
My son in AMA District 20. 250 C, 450 C.
sandman768
11/18/2020 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 11/18/2020 4:50pm
I made KTM contingency throughout the year, GNCC & NESC...40,45&50 classes maybe I can buy some tearoff”s👍
fins227
11/18/2020 5:02pm
Bunch of off-roaders apparently
agn5009
11/18/2020 6:10pm
Suzuki used to have a solid contingency plan back in early 2000’s. I used to get enough money to essentially cover parts and gas on a card. Moose used to give me 5 sets of gear per year too. I feel like those days are gone for a youngster winning overalls in most off-road series other than the national ones obviously. I used to get a bike from a large motorcycle dealer in PA every year too. I feel like dealers barely give any sort of deals anymore.
cable
11/18/2020 7:24pm
in the early 90s suzuki paid $400 to win the A class in the local michigan series. top guys rode 125 and 250 and made out good. two days of racing. 8 races in that series
Jbulz
Fantasy
4086th
11/19/2020 8:02am
I bounce around NY/PA following Kawi contingency. +25B and +30B. Goes right on a debit card which is nice.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/19/2020 8:41am
My pops switched to Suzuki in 2013 for contingency reasons.Suzuki basically pays like Kawasaki used to. Needless to say he hasn't left Suzuki yet. He makes pretty decent money from the SwapMoto Race Series. Suzuki does pay better than anyone else also. I think Kawasaki is second best last time I looked a few months ago.
11/19/2020 8:43pm
agn5009 wrote:
Suzuki used to have a solid contingency plan back in early 2000’s. I used to get enough money to essentially cover parts and gas on a...
Suzuki used to have a solid contingency plan back in early 2000’s. I used to get enough money to essentially cover parts and gas on a card. Moose used to give me 5 sets of gear per year too. I feel like those days are gone for a youngster winning overalls in most off-road series other than the national ones obviously. I used to get a bike from a large motorcycle dealer in PA every year too. I feel like dealers barely give any sort of deals anymore.
I think the rise of online retailers killed it for dealership handouts.
Agent717
12/2/2020 7:24pm
Jbulz wrote:
I bounce around NY/PA following Kawi contingency. +25B and +30B. Goes right on a debit card which is nice.
Sent you a PM but no idea if it works on this thing.
crusher773
12/2/2020 10:26pm
I've always thought it was screwed up that you have to be riding a current or 1 year old bike for KTM contingency at least. I mean if a guy can pull out a 10 year old bike and still finish well then why not pay him too? Still makes the brand look good and reliable also.
rongi#401
12/2/2020 10:28pm
2020 Suzuki contingency is head and shoulder above any other brand for amateur moto, I researched all brands programs extensively, Suzuki pays every single swap moto round and it’s something like 150 per class win, all the way down to vet novice, two classes per bike maximum, kawis pay is the same but they only pay a handful of the rounds, all other brands pay maybe half that amount or less, for example bet novice or regular novice is maybe 50 per class win, all the payouts and schedules are on their websites
mwilcox349
Fantasy
82nd
12/2/2020 11:48pm
crusher773 wrote:
I've always thought it was screwed up that you have to be riding a current or 1 year old bike for KTM contingency at least. I...
I've always thought it was screwed up that you have to be riding a current or 1 year old bike for KTM contingency at least. I mean if a guy can pull out a 10 year old bike and still finish well then why not pay him too? Still makes the brand look good and reliable also.
To keep you buying new bikes. Yamaha is the same.
hanzhongluboy
12/3/2020 9:00am
ktmdan wrote:

Are you Racing TSEC or TORCS
crusher773
12/3/2020 10:30am
crusher773 wrote:
I've always thought it was screwed up that you have to be riding a current or 1 year old bike for KTM contingency at least. I...
mwilcox349 wrote:
To keep you buying new bikes. Yamaha is the same.
I get thats what they want but who buys bikes based in the contingency. Now make them $5k again like the old days and sure. But with these things being $10k a lot of people are riding them a lot longer.
jeffro667
Fantasy
3599th
12/3/2020 3:51pm
crusher773 wrote:
This year 18, 19, and 20 model ktm's were eligible. Usually the Japanese companies have only the current year and one year old bikes eligible. I picked up $375 contingency at four sprint enduros this year, paid the entry fee anyway.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
12/3/2020 3:57pm
rongi#401 wrote:
2020 Suzuki contingency is head and shoulder above any other brand for amateur moto, I researched all brands programs extensively, Suzuki pays every single swap moto...
2020 Suzuki contingency is head and shoulder above any other brand for amateur moto, I researched all brands programs extensively, Suzuki pays every single swap moto round and it’s something like 150 per class win, all the way down to vet novice, two classes per bike maximum, kawis pay is the same but they only pay a handful of the rounds, all other brands pay maybe half that amount or less, for example bet novice or regular novice is maybe 50 per class win, all the payouts and schedules are on their websites
You have to understand how contingency works. Suzuki can throw a huge contingency out there because they know there are only a couple zukes at any given race. They pay out hardly anything. If KTM had the same contingency as Suzuki they would be bankrupt. They don't need contingency to sell bikes.
rongi#401
12/3/2020 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2020 4:06pm
rongi#401 wrote:
2020 Suzuki contingency is head and shoulder above any other brand for amateur moto, I researched all brands programs extensively, Suzuki pays every single swap moto...
GrapeApe wrote:
You have to understand how contingency works. Suzuki can throw a huge contingency out there because they know there are only a couple zukes at any...
You have to understand how contingency works. Suzuki can throw a huge contingency out there because they know there are only a couple zukes at any given race. They pay out hardly anything. If KTM had the same contingency as Suzuki they would be bankrupt. They don't need contingency to sell bikes.
True, but if Suzuki keeps the same contingency payout for 21, I’m guna buy a rmz450 leftover 2020, and yeah ktm doesn’t have to pay out as much because half the field is orange, they’d just be throwing money away. I have a pretty good grip on how it works, edit: also look at Barry Carsten and walker at LL this year, they cleaned up shop on contingency $, and I’m sure payout has something to do with wich brand they choose, if you can get a Yamaha and earn 1/4th of what you would earn on yellow, choice is pretty clear
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
12/3/2020 4:10pm
rongi#401 wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
You have to understand how contingency works. Suzuki can throw a huge contingency out there because they know there are only a couple zukes at any...
rongi#401 wrote:
True, but if Suzuki keeps the same contingency payout for 21, I’m guna buy a rmz450 leftover 2020, and yeah ktm doesn’t have to pay out...
True, but if Suzuki keeps the same contingency payout for 21, I’m guna buy a rmz450 leftover 2020, and yeah ktm doesn’t have to pay out as much because half the field is orange, they’d just be throwing money away. I have a pretty good grip on how it works, edit: also look at Barry Carsten and walker at LL this year, they cleaned up shop on contingency $, and I’m sure payout has something to do with wich brand they choose, if you can get a Yamaha and earn 1/4th of what you would earn on yellow, choice is pretty clear
I get it, if I were still chasing contingency I would absolutely consider an RMZ. Great bikes.

But there seems to be a thought on Vital that Suzuki's contingency is a reflection of the health of the company. They can offer a massive contingency knowing they don't actually have to pay shit.

ktmdan
12/3/2020 7:52pm
Are you Racing TSEC or TORCS
In 09 I was mostly chasing the $, tccra, toro, TORCS, occra
GalagaOnMYArm
Fantasy
41st
12/4/2020 8:11am
rongi#401 wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
rongi#401 wrote:
True, but if Suzuki keeps the same contingency payout for 21, I’m guna buy a rmz450 leftover 2020, and yeah ktm doesn’t have to pay out...
How did Carston clean up. How many classes did he ride. Does Suzuki pay for more than one or two motos on the same bike?
Zr0man
12/4/2020 8:22am
A little peeved at Honda's 2019 NEPG "A" class contingency. After three rounds Honda slashed the "A" class payouts 50%. The contingency was a factor in switching to Honda.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/4/2020 9:29am
GrapeApe wrote:
rongi#401 wrote:
How did Carston clean up. How many classes did he ride. Does Suzuki pay for more than one or two motos on the same bike?
Suzuki is 2 classes per bike and only need 3 riders to pay the top 2. Kawi and others require 5-7 riders to pay out any contingency.

Post a reply to: Anyone Here Collecting Contingency?

The Latest