Anybody trail ride the Alta?

endurox
10/1/2017 4:02pm
If so, what kind of range does one get in the slower type stuff?
thanks
|
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
10/1/2017 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 4:14pm
You can check out my ride report as that was mostly woods riding. I used less than I expected.
The range is really going to depend on the rider and terrain though. I'm slow, skinny, and the dirt here is hard as concrete. I ought to get good range.
http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Have-you-rode-an-American…
R.EX
10/1/2017 5:41pm
I put 25 miles on one at Walker Valley ORV in Washington. I had about a third of a charge remaining.
ben990
10/2/2017 5:23am
As colintrax said, it depends on the rider, the terrain, as well as what map you ride it in. I seem to get about an hour in slower type stuff riding in map 2.
Spizzy
10/2/2017 6:44am
This weekend I will be attempting a 1.5 hour harescramble with it in map 2. The course is typically higher speed, with plenty of hills, and small sections of MX track. I dont think it will make it, but Im very interested to see how close I can get to the end. Will report back.

The Shop

jasonward73
10/2/2017 7:55am
Spizzy wrote:
This weekend I will be attempting a 1.5 hour harescramble with it in map 2. The course is typically higher speed, with plenty of hills, and...
This weekend I will be attempting a 1.5 hour harescramble with it in map 2. The course is typically higher speed, with plenty of hills, and small sections of MX track. I dont think it will make it, but Im very interested to see how close I can get to the end. Will report back.
I am VERY MUCH looking forward to this report as I race a similar series in FL and want an Alta if it can finish.

Jason
RangerLee
10/2/2017 8:02am
Spizzy wrote:
This weekend I will be attempting a 1.5 hour harescramble with it in map 2. The course is typically higher speed, with plenty of hills, and...
From what I have read previously you should have plenty to last 1.5 hours. Would suck to lose juice in the middle of no-where.
endurox
10/2/2017 9:43am
Suppose to have a new battery and going to the AER forks for 18
loftyair
10/2/2017 9:56am
endurox wrote:
Whens their 18 coming?
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
10/2/2017 10:05am
Spizzy wrote:
RangerLee wrote:
From what I have read previously you should have plenty to last 1.5 hours. Would suck to lose juice in the middle of no-where.
They have 4 wheelers that go looking for stranded folks after a hare scramble. I know because many years ago I broke a transmission in a valley, right after the race a race official came by. Took the guy with a broken collarbone, then came back and pulled me to the parking lot.
Spizzy
10/2/2017 12:45pm
Spizzy wrote:
RangerLee wrote:
Its at a riding park and never more than 1/2 mile from the truck. I can easily get 1.5 playing around there on a weekend, but thats different than going nonstop at race speed.
Spizzy
10/2/2017 12:47pm
endurox wrote:
Had an Alta tech at my house last week doing a repair and he confirmed this to me. After he saw I was disappointed in my bike only having 5 hours and already outdated, he said the battery is slightly better, and still in testing stages.
10/2/2017 2:10pm
Spizzy wrote:
Had an Alta tech at my house last week doing a repair and he confirmed this to me. After he saw I was disappointed in my...
Had an Alta tech at my house last week doing a repair and he confirmed this to me. After he saw I was disappointed in my bike only having 5 hours and already outdated, he said the battery is slightly better, and still in testing stages.
I'm very interested in what Alta's marketing plan for this is. A new company such a this would want to take care of their early adopters. At the same time, if the battery is the same form/fit/function would an owner be able to just update the battery?

Lots of new capabilities for Alta in the industry that have not been able to be utilized by other OEMs.
R.EX
10/2/2017 2:53pm
Spizzy wrote:
Had an Alta tech at my house last week doing a repair and he confirmed this to me. After he saw I was disappointed in my...
I'm very interested in what Alta's marketing plan for this is. A new company such a this would want to take care of their early adopters...
I'm very interested in what Alta's marketing plan for this is. A new company such a this would want to take care of their early adopters. At the same time, if the battery is the same form/fit/function would an owner be able to just update the battery?

Lots of new capabilities for Alta in the industry that have not been able to be utilized by other OEMs.
It's quite possible that at least some of the battery improvements slated for the 18 model will also get applied to the 2017 models via software update.
Spizzy
10/2/2017 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 3:07pm
I went into this bike knowing the technology was gonna improve. I suppose to me, its no different than any other oem making improvements in their model from year to year, and Johnny Public always wanting the latest. It just sucks that the AER fork is night and day compared to the 4CS.
wardy
10/2/2017 10:33pm
so i suppose I should make the course more "flowy" for that toggle switch?

OH I just figured out how to hinder your automatic starts (dead engine holeshot advantage)......... LOL hands up! both hands on the helmut!

Smile

better get a horn no one will hear you coming!
wardy
10/2/2017 10:35pm
I still say that thing needs a mechanical clutch of some kind. as per our conversation.

Post a reply to: Anybody trail ride the Alta?

The Latest