Anybody else DREAD CBS coverage

katooom
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:27pm
of LA supercross?

1 hour, music video lead in/lead out of each commercial. Splash quick cuts for 'excitement'. Best guess of actual race minutes? maybe 20?

|
Highsider
1/18/2011 5:17am
I wish I could buy 3-hours of live internet video or at least Weege/Holley.
mcopsey
1/18/2011 5:19am
You haven't seen it yet and you are disappointed already.

Here's an idea, DON'T WATCH
Highsider
1/18/2011 5:24am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2011 5:26am
Highsider wrote:
For me, I meant to say I really liked the Speed shows, so far.
And on "CBS" weekends, I REALLY miss the live internet broadcast!
Flatliner
1/18/2011 5:24am
mcopsey wrote:
You haven't seen it yet and you are disappointed already.

Here's an idea, DON'T WATCH
its the same coverage every year. We've all seen it.

I wish speed would step up and show the whole series live.

The Shop

txmxer
1/18/2011 5:27am
great...a pre-bitch thread. Thanks for that.
mivers176
1/18/2011 5:43am
I will take bad coverage over no coverage of SX any day. Its not like our sport is that high up on the food chain of sports events that CBS covers but we are getting there slowly.
I noticed a LOT of complaining over on Racer X's site in the comments section about how crappy Speed is doing, too many commercials, etc.

Its awesome that we are finally getting more and more LIVE coverage...and the exposure CBS will get vs Speed is needed so if we have to 'deal' with watching on CBS a couple times so be it.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
1/18/2011 5:49am
txmxer wrote:
great...a pre-bitch thread. Thanks for that.
Waddya expect? It's the interweb.
sc961
1/18/2011 5:54am
If you would have experienced the once per year Wide World of Sports coverage, you might have a better appreaciation of what we get today.

I guess it's the way things are today. I want it now, I want it perfect, and I want it for free..
rgmx-49
1/18/2011 5:56am
if you don't like TV coverage go drive to the stadium and watch it there. no TV interruptions.
Highsider
1/18/2011 6:01am
rgmx-49 wrote:
if you don't like TV coverage go drive to the stadium and watch it there. no TV interruptions. [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_P01np0pfFJo/ShiAJEQ3roI/AAAAAAAAKUI/y4nOPlCyMoc/s400/asshole[/img]
if you don't like TV coverage go drive to the stadium and watch it there. no TV interruptions.
Good idea!
Feldspar
1/18/2011 6:03am
I just hope they show the entire race without commercial interuptions like Speed does. They can show all the ads they want as long as it doesn't cut into racing.
rocrac
1/18/2011 6:05am
sc961 wrote:
If you would have experienced the once per year Wide World of Sports coverage, you might have a better appreaciation of what we get today. I...
If you would have experienced the once per year Wide World of Sports coverage, you might have a better appreaciation of what we get today.

I guess it's the way things are today. I want it now, I want it perfect, and I want it for free..
While I enjoy the week to week coverage, today's producers could learn a thing or two from the coverage done by WWOS
mxbigd17
1/18/2011 6:05am
rgmx-49 wrote:
if you don't like TV coverage go drive to the stadium and watch it there. no TV interruptions. [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_P01np0pfFJo/ShiAJEQ3roI/AAAAAAAAKUI/y4nOPlCyMoc/s400/asshole[/img]
I agree100%
rgmx-49
1/18/2011 6:10am
Feldspar wrote:
I just hope they show the entire race without commercial interuptions like Speed does. They can show all the ads they want as long as it...
I just hope they show the entire race without commercial interuptions like Speed does. They can show all the ads they want as long as it doesn't cut into racing.
yeah I doubt that will happen, whenever its not live they put commercials between the racing. I know that's annoying but it could be worse, like no TV coverage for the sport.
WFO
1/18/2011 6:16am
I suppose it could be worse. Does anyone remember the ABC Wide World of Sports coverage? From a helicopter no less. Carlsbad back in 78/79? WOW those were the days.
SL91
1/18/2011 6:33am
WFO wrote:
I suppose it could be worse. Does anyone remember the ABC Wide World of Sports coverage? From a helicopter no less. Carlsbad back in 78/79? WOW...
I suppose it could be worse. Does anyone remember the ABC Wide World of Sports coverage? From a helicopter no less. Carlsbad back in 78/79? WOW those were the days.
I think Mikkola won in 1978. Smile
RedRider31
1/18/2011 6:36am
katooom wrote:
of LA supercross? 1 hour, music video lead in/lead out of each commercial. Splash quick cuts for 'excitement'. Best guess of actual race minutes? maybe 20?
of LA supercross?

1 hour, music video lead in/lead out of each commercial. Splash quick cuts for 'excitement'. Best guess of actual race minutes? maybe 20?

how about just being glad it's on tv?
R-acer
1/18/2011 6:37am
Right now, without the live webcast, I'll take anything I can get, so I wont be complaining about any coverage that i actually get.
motoplook
1/18/2011 6:45am
I'd rather take bad SX coverage than no SX coverage, especially if it's on national tv. where will the whiny little b!tches go if it's gone one day. Enjoy seeing SX and MX on TV, ungrateful losers.
Grieby54
1/18/2011 6:55am
katooom wrote:
of LA supercross? 1 hour, music video lead in/lead out of each commercial. Splash quick cuts for 'excitement'. Best guess of actual race minutes? maybe 20?
of LA supercross?

I'm dreading it too. I'm not sure why everyone gets all high and mighty in these threads. Yes, I'm glad we have coverage, but its 2011, we should just have to be happy with coverage, it should be good coverage. Not 30 minutes of filler bullshit and "highlights" from the heats.

For those that birch about too many commercials during a live event - there are that many because if you were actually there, you'd be watch bobcats zip around the stadium maintaining the track, so why not fill that time with commercials? It's called DVR, then fast forward.
dice78
1/18/2011 7:00am
its not to bad but it sucks showing 1 heat race
3D
1/18/2011 7:02am
You just can't make some people happy. What do you want them to do in between races? What do you do if you go to the races? You sit there and watch the machines groom the track. If I don't want to watch a certain part, I walk out to my bar, grab a beer, and wait for the next race. Would you rather we go back to it never being on tv? A sport as small as moto, I amazed at the coverage this year.
sc961
1/18/2011 7:06am
I'm dreading it too. I'm not sure why everyone gets all high and mighty in these threads. Yes, I'm glad we have coverage, but its 2011, we should just have to be happy with coverage, it should be good coverage. Not 30 minutes of filler bullshit and "highlights" from the heats.

Have you taken a look at the sport lately?
Local numbers dropping like a rock.
Fuel prices on the rise back to an unreasonable rate.
SX mains are having a hard time filling the gate.
Bike prices through the roof.
Stadium consistency not great. Crowds shrinking.. Tracks are mediocre at best..
Tree huggers trying to put a strangle hold on anything with a motor.

I'm happy as hell ANYONE is interested in getting Moto televised. I don't think any of us understand what it takes to get that accomplished.
dice78
1/18/2011 7:12am
I think for this time of year they should do a little better with coverage on CBS because I . think for the first 3month of the year SX is the #1 moto sport in the US mabe the WORLD do you guys think so dont kill me please
txmxer
1/18/2011 7:24am
katooom wrote:
of LA supercross?

Grieby54 wrote:
I'm dreading it too. I'm not sure why everyone gets all high and mighty in these threads. Yes, I'm glad we have coverage, but its 2011...

For those that birch about too many commercials during a live event - there are that many because if you were actually there, you'd be watch bobcats zip around the stadium maintaining the track, so why not fill that time with commercials? It's called DVR, then fast forward.
I'm not sure why everyone gets all high and mighty in these threads.

It's not high and mighty, it's the fact that it hasn't even happened and dude is bitchin' about it. I would hope everyone has more to do than bitch about stuff that hasn't happened.
sc961
1/18/2011 7:36am
txmxer wrote:
[b]I'm not sure why everyone gets all high and mighty in these threads.[/b] It's not high and mighty, it's the fact that it hasn't even happened...

It's not high and mighty, it's the fact that it hasn't even happened and dude is bitchin' about it. I would hope everyone has more to do than bitch about stuff that hasn't happened.
Did you forget where we are???
txmxer
1/18/2011 7:38am
txmxer wrote:
[b]I'm not sure why everyone gets all high and mighty in these threads.[/b] It's not high and mighty, it's the fact that it hasn't even happened...

sc961 wrote:
haha...sorry Scott. I've got enough issues without thinking about something as silly as fade ins on an SX broadcast.
sc961
1/18/2011 7:41am
txmxer wrote:

sc961 wrote:
txmxer wrote:
haha...sorry Scott. I've got enough issues without thinking about something as silly as fade ins on an SX broadcast.
Man I hear that!
jbomx363
1/18/2011 10:57am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2011 11:03am
I actually enjoy the CBS production.

Just find it funny that CBSSPORTS doesn't even have a supercross link anywhere and/or any SX information on their site too.

What I don't like?

NO LITES COVERAGE

Have to wait almost a week later for the TV version of lites for Los Angeles round.

Delays on lites coverage for other rounds, no same or next day coverage.

No full heat races, no full mains, no full LCQ's without commercial interruption.

Face it.. SPEED and FELD have ruined us with the LIVE coverage.

Maybe in the next few years, all rounds will be LIVE.

Mstock
1/18/2011 11:32am
The HD quality of CBS is superior to Speed. The lites class SHOULD NOT be part of the same show (1/2 series, short mains, feeder class). 40% of america does not subscribe to cable/satelite. There are positives of what CBS is doing.

Post a reply to: Anybody else DREAD CBS coverage

The Latest