Any word on the Martin Brothers?

TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
2/22/2021 8:41am
Add me to the "JMart was riding like a C-Class rider and should've jumped" group. Gutted for him but, at some point, if you keep getting landed on maybe it's not always the other guys' fault.
LungButter
2/22/2021 8:45am
LKHill wrote:
All the evidence as you so call it proves I am correct. The lights where red and red before they completed a lap. Re-watch the first...
All the evidence as you so call it proves I am correct. The lights where red and red before they completed a lap. Re-watch the first lap. Some numbnuts on the internet thinks the flag-er should die trying to stand in the way of a charging Justin Cooper to shut down the track. You are absolutely clueless.
Ok bud....

It's so telling that you have to resort to insults because you have nothing legitimate to add.
JT Moto
2/22/2021 8:51am
LKHill wrote:
Ha, Ha, you just got tea-bagged bro.
Is this the same guy that didn't know how to ride a 350? Not surprised his racing takes are so bad.

The Shop

JBlain619
2/22/2021 9:35am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2021 9:50am
Sully wrote:
So that’d be a no, you didn’t watch it. Cool story, bro. Have the best day ever.
LKHill wrote:
I guess your problem is you didn't take the time to read previous posts and you are basing your thought process on a video that does...
I guess your problem is you didn't take the time to read previous posts and you are basing your thought process on a video that does not show what was happening fully.

If that was not the case you would know I did watch the video and it does not show the flagman long enough for you to see what they where trying to accomplish. It was a red flag situation and Super Pooper did not follow the direction of the flag-ers and exit the track @ the designated track exit and neither did WhacAdoo hence his apology but somehow you know more. When the guy with the medic flag directs you to leave the racing surface and you do not it's on you bro.

Cool story bro, next time check you facts Dick Tracy. I guess that was something you just can't see from Japan but that don't change the fact your still a tool.

Sully 0 – LKHill 5
I was sitting right where JMart went down. The only RED flag that was shown was at the finish line after the leaders had passed through, the leaders wouldn't have saw it. The leaders got the red flag at the end of the whoops. The first Red Cross flag was displayed at the end of the first rhythm section. Cooper rolled the last 3 of the rhythm like he was supposed to. They all rolled the next triple and the 4 into the corner. They started racing again in the whoops, which is legal since it is past the downed rider. The Red lights on the jumps DO NOT indicate a Red flag situation, its for a Red Cross flag.
2/22/2021 9:49am
JT Moto wrote:
Is this the same guy that didn't know how to ride a 350? Not surprised his racing takes are so bad.
Yep
JBlain619
2/22/2021 10:02am
Now is the time for handle bar mounted indicator lights, driven by Bluetooth from race control?
Problem is race control needs to make decisions faster. It was clear from the moment Alex crashed he was asleep. Idk what took so long to red flag the race. I honestly don't know what the criteria is to red flag a race.

I do like your idea of a indicator on the bars. Patent it! Haha

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
2/22/2021 10:24am
I'm just chuckling a little bit about all the guys who are questioning a 2-time national champ's decision to jump or not to jump. They must all have 3 National Titles or something. Or at least a 250SX championship. No? Hmmm.

I dunno, I would Bet Jeremy made the decision based on his reflexes and experience in similar situations.
DonM
2/22/2021 10:37am
Falcon wrote:
I'm just chuckling a little bit about all the guys who are questioning a 2-time national champ's decision to jump or not to jump. They must...
I'm just chuckling a little bit about all the guys who are questioning a 2-time national champ's decision to jump or not to jump. They must all have 3 National Titles or something. Or at least a 250SX championship. No? Hmmm.

I dunno, I would Bet Jeremy made the decision based on his reflexes and experience in similar situations.
And not to mention without the advantage of slo-mo replays that all the armchair experts have....
2/22/2021 11:00am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If he doubles, he collects the Honda to his right. JMart was drifting right while the Honda is cutting back. But let's continue questioning the decision-making skills of a 2x AMA champ! Laughing
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/22/2021 11:20am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If he doubles, he collects the Honda to his right. JMart was drifting right while the Honda is cutting back. But let's continue questioning the decision-making...
If he doubles, he collects the Honda to his right. JMart was drifting right while the Honda is cutting back. But let's continue questioning the decision-making skills of a 2x AMA champ! Laughing
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

If he goes for the double, he would plow right into Harrison.

Looks like he was fucked no matter what.
Natester551v
2/22/2021 11:30am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Add me to the "JMart was riding like a C-Class rider and should've jumped" group. Gutted for him but, at some point, if you keep getting...
Add me to the "JMart was riding like a C-Class rider and should've jumped" group. Gutted for him but, at some point, if you keep getting landed on maybe it's not always the other guys' fault.
Nice...

Just for the record, AMart didn't "keep getting landed on". Easy to sit in the easy chair and criticize a split second decision by one of the gnarliest dudes in MX.

When he got hurt in the outdoors he was holding his line...Justin Cooper drifted over and took his front end in the air.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your douchy narrative.

AMart is an awesome human being and a legend of the sport.
Kenny Lingus
2/22/2021 11:38am
If you think the room is full of assholes, you're probably the asshole.

Same handful of schleps every week.
LungButter
2/22/2021 12:15pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm clearly the only one cause nobody else has brought it up, but it still looks to me like he's trying to go and the bike didn't "go"

Natester551v
2/22/2021 12:25pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Add me to the "JMart was riding like a C-Class rider and should've jumped" group. Gutted for him but, at some point, if you keep getting...
Nice... Just for the record, AMart didn't "keep getting landed on". Easy to sit in the easy chair and criticize a split second decision by one...
Nice...

Just for the record, AMart didn't "keep getting landed on". Easy to sit in the easy chair and criticize a split second decision by one of the gnarliest dudes in MX.

When he got hurt in the outdoors he was holding his line...Justin Cooper drifted over and took his front end in the air.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your douchy narrative.

AMart is an awesome human being and a legend of the sport.
I meant JMart....but Alex is awesome too....:-). I'm on the Troll Train....
2/22/2021 12:56pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
LungButter wrote:
I'm clearly the only one cause nobody else has brought it up, but it still looks to me like he's trying to go and the bike...
I'm clearly the only one cause nobody else has brought it up, but it still looks to me like he's trying to go and the bike didn't "go"

Kind of looks like that, but I think his front wheel would have dropped a lot more if the bike even bogged a little bit.
LungButter
2/22/2021 1:12pm
Kind of looks like that, but I think his front wheel would have dropped a lot more if the bike even bogged a little bit.
You're probably right, I think that was my initial reaction when I saw the broadcast and now I can't get it out of my head.

However, unlike others in this thread I'm open to suggestions that my theory may be wrong Laughing
MyBobbym
2/22/2021 1:59pm
Skuzzy29 wrote:

plowboy wrote:
I don't follow Matthes. Not saying his info is wrong but I tend to wait till the rider or the team say something "official". Again, Steve...
I don't follow Matthes. Not saying his info is wrong but I tend to wait till the rider or the team say something "official". Again, Steve may be totally correct cause I know he's an insider but...I'll wait.
avidchimp wrote:
Steve is correct. Anyone who has dislocated a shoulder could see Jeremy trying to put it back in as he walked off the track.
Bingo, I saw that too. I did my right shoulder and sure it kinda hurt but I was racing 2 weeks later... Stupid move on my part. I eventually had to have it surgically repaired because it started popping out while I was sleeping or when I shook somebody's hand and doing shit like that
mac3-d
2/22/2021 2:15pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
LungButter wrote:
I'm clearly the only one cause nobody else has brought it up, but it still looks to me like he's trying to go and the bike...

Maybe . It looks like JMart was going to single the next jump as well. Heal up champ
2/22/2021 2:35pm
disbanded wrote:
You need to take a very long break from this forum. Like forever. And dont come back. Shit poster.
LKHill wrote:
Ha, Ha, you just got tea-bagged bro.
Just read this thread and wow.... You are the teabag!
sporkfpoon
2/22/2021 3:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2021 3:13pm
LKHill wrote:
You are a dipshit. The reason the guy with the redcross flag in standing in the track on the wrong lane was because he was waving...
You are a dipshit. The reason the guy with the redcross flag in standing in the track on the wrong lane was because he was waving his arms and trying to get the riders to take the track exit instead of continuing to the next lane where there where not flag-ers. The red flag was out at that point regardless if it was displayed to the leaders. Of coarse you could not see that from Japan or past the tuning forks.

But don't take someones word for it that was mere yards away. If Cooper would have respected the REDCROSS FLAG he never would have placed the people in peril he did. How is my reality not the real reality? The redcross flag was out long before the crossed the finish line/green flag. The red lights told the riders that. He jumped anyway and did not obey the commands of the guy with the red cross flag leading to what happened.

If they did nothing wrong why did WhacAdoo say he was sorry and own it. Get a clue buddy.
I agree with you that the guy with the Red Cross flag was trying to get them to exit, by standing out in the lane and pointing the yellow flag where he wanted them to go.

I don’t agree that Cooper didn’t respect the Red Cross flag. I’d say he slowed down more than normal for that flag, and recognized that the situation was serious. But the Red Cross flag, no matter how aggressively it’s waved, doesn’t mean the same thing as the red flag. He had the lead, it’s his job to win, and there has never been a case where Red Cross flag means exit the track.

Wheels left the ground but they didn’t double. Cooper even double-checked the flag and the riders behind him before rolling the triple, after already rolling the previous lane.

The best move for Cooper to have made would have been to cut inside the corner instead of going around the downed rider, then everyone else may have followed suit. But they blocked the inside lane with the tough block so he and McAdoo can’t be totally faulted.

It was a clusterfuck. They should have had more red flags out on the track and maybe they will next time.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
2/22/2021 3:28pm
I understand needing to get to the rider but playing frogger when

1 - someone is already on the scene
2 - riders are 20 seconds into the highest adrenaline spike that they’ve had in months.
3 - we have multiple different color flags waving

When it’s a red flag scenario all the flaggers should be waving the same flag..period.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
2/22/2021 3:41pm
MyBobbym wrote:
Bingo, I saw that too. I did my right shoulder and sure it kinda hurt but I was racing 2 weeks later... Stupid move on my...
Bingo, I saw that too. I did my right shoulder and sure it kinda hurt but I was racing 2 weeks later... Stupid move on my part. I eventually had to have it surgically repaired because it started popping out while I was sleeping or when I shook somebody's hand and doing shit like that
Same with my right shoulder. Two collarbones and a dislocation. Somehow after all these years I have never hurt my left shoulder.

But once I saw him walking off doing the stretch and pull I knew it was out.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
2/22/2021 3:42pm
plowboy wrote:
I don't follow Matthes. Not saying his info is wrong but I tend to wait till the rider or the team say something "official". Again, Steve...
I don't follow Matthes. Not saying his info is wrong but I tend to wait till the rider or the team say something "official". Again, Steve may be totally correct cause I know he's an insider but...I'll wait.
avidchimp wrote:
Steve is correct. Anyone who has dislocated a shoulder could see Jeremy trying to put it back in as he walked off the track.
MyBobbym wrote:
Bingo, I saw that too. I did my right shoulder and sure it kinda hurt but I was racing 2 weeks later... Stupid move on my...
Mine came out 6 times. The last straw was when I landed hard and it popped out. I didn't even crash!

A friend of mine had the same problem and went bowling... you can guess what happened on his first throw.
zehn
2/22/2021 3:51pm
Ok so 5 pages of bullshit and no news about either brother except AMart got a concussion? Just trying to summarize here
wildbill
2/22/2021 4:11pm
zehn wrote:
Ok so 5 pages of bullshit and no news about either brother except AMart got a concussion? Just trying to summarize here
Troll Train vid I'd up. The end is funny. Alex is loopy.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
2/22/2021 4:26pm
avidchimp wrote:
MyBobbym wrote:
Falcon wrote:
Mine came out 6 times. The last straw was when I landed hard and it popped out. I didn't even crash! A friend of mine had...
Mine came out 6 times. The last straw was when I landed hard and it popped out. I didn't even crash!

A friend of mine had the same problem and went bowling... you can guess what happened on his first throw.
Happened to me in August. But instead of crashing on the landing when it popped out. I couldn’t slow down, missed a 180 corner and hit a property fence. Broke my jaw, rib, 6 vertebrae in my neck and had TBI to my brain. Spent 8 days in ICU and twelve in the hospital. I just figured out my shoulder ripping caused this two weeks ago. I had it first pop out at the gym in July of 2019 but never knew it was this bad till now. I have surgery tomorrow to fix it, ripped tendon completely that night.
Paw Paw 271
2/22/2021 6:19pm
OK, so after 5 pages of crap....Does anyone have any real info on these riders and their conditions?

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: Any word on the Martin Brothers?

The Latest