Any word on the Martin Brothers?

CPR
2/21/2021 12:10pm
Kelz87 wrote:
I’m pretty sure they didn’t show his crash tonight. They just showed him laying in the turn with some medics on lap one (followed my Mcadoo...
I’m pretty sure they didn’t show his crash tonight. They just showed him laying in the turn with some medics on lap one (followed my Mcadoo splitting the gap between AMart and a medic, pretty much knocking him down.)
Red flag restart, bad night for the Martin bros
LKHill wrote:
He was KO'ed flat on his face under his bike in the middle of the bowl turn. The worst part about it was they red flagged...
He was KO'ed flat on his face under his bike in the middle of the bowl turn. The worst part about it was they red flagged the race and super duper Justin Cooper ignored the flags/lights and continued racing/tripling leading the pack right into them where a medic got taken down with poor AMart getting run over multiple times. Total shitshow...
You must have been watching the ‘alternate universe 250 main’, what channel is that on?
CPR
2/21/2021 12:13pm
kijen wrote:
You are all watching a video, making comments on what a few guys should or should not do..... Not one of you can see what Jmart...
You are all watching a video, making comments on what a few guys should or should not do.....
Not one of you can see what Jmart was seeing or see what the guy who hit him was seeing. Why do you guys state your opinions like they are facts?
Fact- Every rider jumped into the rhythm section except Jmart, this is the result.
LKHill
2/21/2021 12:13pm
CPR wrote:
You must have been watching the ‘alternate universe 250 main’, what channel is that on?
I was sitting front row.
plowboy
2/21/2021 12:19pm
Kelz87 wrote:
I’m pretty sure they didn’t show his crash tonight. They just showed him laying in the turn with some medics on lap one (followed my Mcadoo...
I’m pretty sure they didn’t show his crash tonight. They just showed him laying in the turn with some medics on lap one (followed my Mcadoo splitting the gap between AMart and a medic, pretty much knocking him down.)
LKHill wrote:
He was KO'ed flat on his face under his bike in the middle of the bowl turn. The worst part about it was they red flagged...
He was KO'ed flat on his face under his bike in the middle of the bowl turn. The worst part about it was they red flagged the race and super duper Justin Cooper ignored the flags/lights and continued racing/tripling leading the pack right into them where a medic got taken down with poor AMart getting run over multiple times. Total shitshow...
Mistakes were made...no doubt...but lets be real here...this is possibly the most fast paced, dangerous sport on the planet. I am constantly amazed there isn't more carnage than there is already. That is basically down to the riders skill, track workers, and med crew. In the end, they are all humans performing at speed in an unscripted environment. Pretty damned impressive imo.

The Shop

CPR
2/21/2021 12:28pm
CPR wrote:
LKHill wrote:
I was sitting front row.
Fair enough, I think when you watch the replay you’ll see it differently.
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
2/21/2021 12:32pm
Idk. Watching a marts last vlog where he is breaking in the race bike (which looked like it was not working) makes me wonder why some guys don’t race a broken in practice bike. He looked so comfortable on his practice bike and to switch to something “fresh” doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t know why or how he crashed but he didn’t look great on the race bike all day.
LKHill
2/21/2021 12:49pm
CPR wrote:
I don't see how. The red lights where lit before he got to the first turn. Riders down everywhere. Flag-er standing in the middle of the track trying to turn them off the track where they exit it and nutsack Cooper goes around him and just keeps racing because he has to win you know.
DonM
2/21/2021 1:21pm
CPR wrote:
LKHill wrote:
I don't see how. The red lights where lit before he got to the first turn. Riders down everywhere. Flag-er standing in the middle of the...
I don't see how. The red lights where lit before he got to the first turn. Riders down everywhere. Flag-er standing in the middle of the track trying to turn them off the track where they exit it and nutsack Cooper goes around him and just keeps racing because he has to win you know.
Video shows different...
Zycki11
2/21/2021 1:26pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 2:26pm
mersk331 wrote:
You're right if everyone rolled then nobody would've been landed on :laugh: Jalek and everyone around them have something to do with it. Everyone around is...
You're right if everyone rolled then nobody would've been landed on Laughing Jalek and everyone around them have something to do with it. Everyone around is jumping and Jeremy is the only one that didn't. You dont think that plays any factor? Once again, try to be better next time before you give some ignorant race incident report lol
I’m not sure what world you live in. As a rider your responsible for judgement in front of you. Turning off the brain doesn’t count. Also, please do your best to use ignorant in the correct context. I know it’s difficult. Jeremy didn’t have room to thread the needle, hence not jumping. He has every right to not jump and the moron behind him decided to send it. I would hate to be on the same track with your decision making lol 😂

I’ll take Jeremy’s judgement being 2x outdoor champ and 6x sx race winner over the rookies first race decision making all day.
tuttle425
2/21/2021 1:59pm
Kelz87 wrote:
LKHill wrote:
Your memory is completely wrong. Martin was not hit by multiple riders. Justin Cooper started rolling jumps before they even got to the lane that Martin was lying in. There were no flaggers on the lane Martin was lying in. There was one track crew directing riders and all he did was put a tough block on the track and direct riders towards Martin.
LKHill
2/21/2021 2:14pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 2:27pm
tuttle425 wrote:
Your memory is completely wrong. Martin was not hit by multiple riders. Justin Cooper started rolling jumps before they even got to the lane that Martin...
Your memory is completely wrong. Martin was not hit by multiple riders. Justin Cooper started rolling jumps before they even got to the lane that Martin was lying in. There were no flaggers on the lane Martin was lying in. There was one track crew directing riders and all he did was put a tough block on the track and direct riders towards Martin.
Your an idiot. The lights where lit before Cooper ever took the green flag. You can see them as they cycle around the other end of the stadium. You can see him jump through it. You can also see clearly on the broadcast the red flag was out before he entered the rhythm lane AMart was down in. The reason there where no flag-ers in the lane is because they where in the previous lane directing them off the track and Cooper ignored it and kept racing. My bad I had not watched the race on TV and it appeared he was hit by multiple riders but it may have been only one. You know hindsight is always perfect for the know it all's here.
LKHill
2/21/2021 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 2:25pm
DonM wrote:
Video shows different...
Video shows different...
How so? I swear if i said today was Sunday some idiot here would try and tell me it's Wednesday.
DonM
2/21/2021 2:44pm
DonM wrote:
Video shows different...
Video shows different...
LKHill wrote:
How so? I swear if i said today was Sunday some idiot here would try and tell me it's Wednesday.
There was no red flag shown to the leaders until after they went by AMart, the red flag did come out on the finish line after the lead group passed, the Red Cross and yellows were all in the lane before they made the turn to head towards AMart...Cooper even looked back to the flaggers and was going at about 50% when he approached AMart. There was a track worker who had put a tuff block on the inside and directed the riders to the outside where the medic and AMart were with little to no room to get by. The medic ran out in front of Cooper who barely missed him and right into Mcadoo’s path...watch the replay and you will see that this was a cluster fuck from the get go by race control, there should have been a red flag at the point of the Red Cross flag to keep the riders from heading toward AMart but there wasn’t....
tuttle425
2/21/2021 2:48pm
tuttle425 wrote:
Your memory is completely wrong. Martin was not hit by multiple riders. Justin Cooper started rolling jumps before they even got to the lane that Martin...
LKHill wrote:
Your an idiot. The lights where lit before Cooper ever took the green flag. You can see them as they cycle around the other end of...
Your an idiot. The lights where lit before Cooper ever took the green flag. You can see them as they cycle around the other end of the stadium. You can see him jump through it. You can also see clearly on the broadcast the red flag was out before he entered the rhythm lane AMart was down in. The reason there where no flag-ers in the lane is because they where in the previous lane directing them off the track and Cooper ignored it and kept racing. My bad I had not watched the race on TV and it appeared he was hit by multiple riders but it may have been only one. You know hindsight is always perfect for the know it all's here.
Lol, you're wrong. They got the green flag on the finish line jump, turned, went down the start straight, turned left onto the rhythm lane and the lights were flashing (PS, lights flashing does not mean stop racing. It means caution, passing allowed, jumping allowed https://www.supercrosslive.com/2020-supplemental-rules). They did two doubles and then saw the red cross flag which was being waived by a person on that lane before the turn. Everyone slowed down and rolled the rest of that rhythm, did a 180 left, headed towards the triple. There were no flaggers on this lane. Everyone rolled the triple, rolled the rollers and were forced to the outside due to where the track crew put the tough block. That lead group did not get a red flag until they finished the whoop lane, turned left and started to cut across the start in front of the mechanics area. At that point was a guy standing in the track with a red flag directing them back to the start gate.
LKHill
2/21/2021 3:05pm
tuttle425 wrote:
Lol, you're wrong. They got the green flag on the finish line jump, turned, went down the start straight, turned left onto the rhythm lane and...
Lol, you're wrong. They got the green flag on the finish line jump, turned, went down the start straight, turned left onto the rhythm lane and the lights were flashing (PS, lights flashing does not mean stop racing. It means caution, passing allowed, jumping allowed https://www.supercrosslive.com/2020-supplemental-rules). They did two doubles and then saw the red cross flag which was being waived by a person on that lane before the turn. Everyone slowed down and rolled the rest of that rhythm, did a 180 left, headed towards the triple. There were no flaggers on this lane. Everyone rolled the triple, rolled the rollers and were forced to the outside due to where the track crew put the tough block. That lead group did not get a red flag until they finished the whoop lane, turned left and started to cut across the start in front of the mechanics area. At that point was a guy standing in the track with a red flag directing them back to the start gate.
"White With Red Cross/Flashing Red Lights:

Competitors must show extreme caution, slow down, maintain position, not gain an advantage and wheels of the motorcycle must not leave the ground between the flag and the incident."

The lights where red and he jumped. Extreme caution was not used and the flag-er did everything but try and tackle Cooper to get him to pull over.

Other than those small details you left out. When will this guy take responsibility for his action on the track. I have never seen anybody get as many passes as this guy.
DonM
2/21/2021 3:17pm
tuttle425 wrote:
Lol, you're wrong. They got the green flag on the finish line jump, turned, went down the start straight, turned left onto the rhythm lane and...
LKHill wrote:
"White With Red Cross/Flashing Red Lights: Competitors must show extreme caution, slow down, maintain position, not gain an advantage and wheels of the motorcycle must not...

Competitors must show extreme caution, slow down, maintain position, not gain an advantage and wheels of the motorcycle must not leave the ground between the flag and the incident."

The lights where red and he jumped. Extreme caution was not used and the flag-er did everything but try and tackle Cooper to get him to pull over.

Other than those small details you left out. When will this guy take responsibility for his action on the track. I have never seen anybody get as many passes as this guy.
You obviously have not watched the replay...he rolled every jump after the Red Cross flag.....
LKHill
2/21/2021 3:28pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 3:29pm
DonM wrote:
There was no red flag shown to the leaders until after they went by AMart, the red flag did come out on the finish line after...
There was no red flag shown to the leaders until after they went by AMart, the red flag did come out on the finish line after the lead group passed, the Red Cross and yellows were all in the lane before they made the turn to head towards AMart...Cooper even looked back to the flaggers and was going at about 50% when he approached AMart. There was a track worker who had put a tuff block on the inside and directed the riders to the outside where the medic and AMart were with little to no room to get by. The medic ran out in front of Cooper who barely missed him and right into Mcadoo’s path...watch the replay and you will see that this was a cluster fuck from the get go by race control, there should have been a red flag at the point of the Red Cross flag to keep the riders from heading toward AMart but there wasn’t....
"The reason there where no flag-ers in the lane is because they where in the previous lane directing them off the track and Cooper ignored it and kept racing."

I guess you didn't read my post before posting. Maybe by the time they tried and block the track with the tuff block so no riders would pass you might think Super Pooper would have caught on.

You know it's kind of an unwritten rule just because you don't see a red flag you run over a medic scene. If the crew is blocking the track you need to get off it. He was so lucky he didn't t-bone the crash as it looked he would because he had it lined right up.
tuttle425
2/21/2021 3:29pm
tuttle425 wrote:
LKHill wrote:
"White With Red Cross/Flashing Red Lights: Competitors must show extreme caution, slow down, maintain position, not gain an advantage and wheels of the motorcycle must not...

This is the lead group on the first lap doing the back section before the finish. No lights.

Heading around the back section. Yellow lights on the rhythm after the start straight.

Just about to hit the finish, no lights.

Cross the finish and they are under a green flag. No issues.

They do the start straight and turn to go onto the rhythm. At this point we have flashing yellow lights. Which means they can race normally, just need to be cautious.

They roll, then double, double. Still only flashing yellow. No red lights.

They finally get to a red cross flash and everyone starts rolling jumps. This is right when the red flag comes out on the finish line.

They make the 180 and the only flagger in sight is still that one on the previous lane.

Everyone is rolling at this point. Still no flaggers on this lane.

They rolled the triple and rolled the rollers.

That crew member put that tough block there forcing them outside.

McAdoo swerved to the right to try and avoid the medic.

No flags down the whoop lane. The only flagger is holding his yellow flag doing nothing.

They finally get a red flag right in front of the mechanics area.

DonM
2/21/2021 3:35pm
tuttle425 wrote:
LKHill wrote:

tuttle425 wrote:
This is the lead group on the first lap doing the back section before the finish. No lights. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/21/479815/s1200_Screen_Shot_2021_02_21_at_5.10.55_PM.jpg[/img] Heading around the back section. Yellow lights...
This is the lead group on the first lap doing the back section before the finish. No lights.

Heading around the back section. Yellow lights on the rhythm after the start straight.

They do the start straight and turn to go onto the rhythm. At this point we have flashing yellow lights. Which means they can race normally, just need to be cautious.

They finally get to a red cross flash and everyone starts rolling jumps. This is right when the red flag comes out on the finish line.

They make the 180 and the only flagger in sight is still that one on the previous lane.

No flags down the whoop lane. The only flagger is holding his yellow flag doing nothing.

Not bad for an “idiot”.....pics and video don’t lie....but yet there are people that want hang Cooper and Mcadoo....this is all on the AMA and shitty flagging...
LKHill
2/21/2021 3:35pm
tuttle425 wrote:
This is the lead group on the first lap doing the back section before the finish. No lights. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/21/479815/s1200_Screen_Shot_2021_02_21_at_5.10.55_PM.jpg[/img] Heading around the back section. Yellow lights...

Your blind. the lights where all red. Also notice the flag-er is directing them to the designated track exit with an additional flag-er positioned there waving them off the track.. Again all the lights are red and the red cross is out before they took the green in every photo you shown.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
2/21/2021 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 3:45pm
tuttle425 wrote:
LKHill wrote:
Your an idiot. The lights where lit before Cooper ever took the green flag. You can see them as they cycle around the other end of...
Just rewatched it. Looked like the lights hit as soon as they hit the rythm lane before A Mart, Mcadoo jumped too, until they saw the flag being waved, them they proceeded to roll everything til after Martin. Cooper almost hit the medic running across the track since the tuff block diverted them that way, then Mcadoo tagged both of them.

Edit: after seeing the stills posted above, you can tell the red lights are flashing in the lane after the start straight, so they did 2 jumps in that rhythm under red lights, which I'm guessing they didn't see, because they started rolling as soon as they saw the flag.
LKHill
2/21/2021 3:40pm
Motofinne wrote:
I'm a bit more optimistic for Alex, he seemed somewhat ok when he was sitting on the Astars golfcart och whatever it's called. Maybe just a...
I'm a bit more optimistic for Alex, he seemed somewhat ok when he was sitting on the Astars golfcart och whatever it's called. Maybe just a really hard hit and a bunch of soreness?

Jeremy, well that was way more worrying. He knew instantly that he was done.

These things are just horrible. You work hard all off season long and then it comes to an end on the first lap of the first race.
The dude was out cold bro. He was sleeping in the middle of the track.
DonM
2/21/2021 3:40pm
tuttle425 wrote:

LKHill wrote:
Your blind. the lights where all red. Also notice the flag-er is directing them to the designated track exit with an additional flag-er positioned there waving...
Your blind. the lights where all red. Also notice the flag-er is directing them to the designated track exit with an additional flag-er positioned there waving them off the track.. Again all the lights are red and the red cross is out before they took the green in every photo you shown.
Simple question....have you watched the replay?
tuttle425
2/21/2021 3:43pm
tuttle425 wrote:

LKHill wrote:
Your blind. the lights where all red. Also notice the flag-er is directing them to the designated track exit with an additional flag-er positioned there waving...
No they weren’t. They were yellow lights initially. What does it matter when the Red Cross flag came out? They can’t look around the track to see if there are flags where they aren’t riding. The first Red Cross flag they saw is what is shown in the pics. the first red flag they saw was after the whoops.

The flagger waving the Red Cross is holding the yellow flag. Not waving it. And not frantically waving them off the track. Besides, why would that person be waving them off? The red flag had just come out.
LKHill
2/21/2021 3:43pm
LKHill wrote:

tuttle425 wrote:

DonM wrote:
Not bad for an “idiot”.....pics and video don’t lie....but yet there are people that want hang Cooper and Mcadoo....this is all on the AMA and shitty...
Not bad for an “idiot”.....pics and video don’t lie....but yet there are people that want hang Cooper and Mcadoo....this is all on the AMA and shitty flagging...
I don't have a problem with Mcadoo. It was like Monkey see, Monkey Mcadoo.
tuttle425
2/21/2021 3:47pm
Motofinne wrote:
I'm a bit more optimistic for Alex, he seemed somewhat ok when he was sitting on the Astars golfcart och whatever it's called. Maybe just a...
I'm a bit more optimistic for Alex, he seemed somewhat ok when he was sitting on the Astars golfcart och whatever it's called. Maybe just a really hard hit and a bunch of soreness?

Jeremy, well that was way more worrying. He knew instantly that he was done.

These things are just horrible. You work hard all off season long and then it comes to an end on the first lap of the first race.
LKHill wrote:
The dude was out cold bro. He was sleeping in the middle of the track.
He was not out cold. He was on all fours and actually rolling over when McAdoo hit him.
LKHill
2/21/2021 3:50pm
tuttle425 wrote:
No they weren’t. They were yellow lights initially. What does it matter when the Red Cross flag came out? They can’t look around the track to...
No they weren’t. They were yellow lights initially. What does it matter when the Red Cross flag came out? They can’t look around the track to see if there are flags where they aren’t riding. The first Red Cross flag they saw is what is shown in the pics. the first red flag they saw was after the whoops.

The flagger waving the Red Cross is holding the yellow flag. Not waving it. And not frantically waving them off the track. Besides, why would that person be waving them off? The red flag had just come out.
The light where red the whole time. I was 20 yards away. The red cross flag is out, the red flag is out and the lights are the exact same red color in all you photo's. You loss bro.
LKHill
2/21/2021 3:52pm
tuttle425 wrote:
He was not out cold. He was on all fours and actually rolling over when McAdoo hit him.
Yo, tuttle brain, What do you think he was doing for 30 seconds until the leaders came around again?

Post a reply to: Any word on the Martin Brothers?

The Latest