Any word on the Martin Brothers?

DonM
2/21/2021 3:53pm
tuttle425 wrote:
No they weren’t. They were yellow lights initially. What does it matter when the Red Cross flag came out? They can’t look around the track to...
No they weren’t. They were yellow lights initially. What does it matter when the Red Cross flag came out? They can’t look around the track to see if there are flags where they aren’t riding. The first Red Cross flag they saw is what is shown in the pics. the first red flag they saw was after the whoops.

The flagger waving the Red Cross is holding the yellow flag. Not waving it. And not frantically waving them off the track. Besides, why would that person be waving them off? The red flag had just come out.
LKHill wrote:
The light where red the whole time. I was 20 yards away. The red cross flag is out, the red flag is out and the lights...
The light where red the whole time. I was 20 yards away. The red cross flag is out, the red flag is out and the lights are the exact same red color in all you photo's. You loss bro.
Still asking...have you seen the replay?
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
2/21/2021 3:53pm
tuttle425 wrote:
This is the lead group on the first lap doing the back section before the finish. No lights. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/21/479815/s1200_Screen_Shot_2021_02_21_at_5.10.55_PM.jpg[/img] Heading around the back section. Yellow lights...
This is the lead group on the first lap doing the back section before the finish. No lights.

Heading around the back section. Yellow lights on the rhythm after the start straight.

Just about to hit the finish, no lights.

Cross the finish and they are under a green flag. No issues.

They do the start straight and turn to go onto the rhythm. At this point we have flashing yellow lights. Which means they can race normally, just need to be cautious.

They roll, then double, double. Still only flashing yellow. No red lights.

They finally get to a red cross flash and everyone starts rolling jumps. This is right when the red flag comes out on the finish line.

They make the 180 and the only flagger in sight is still that one on the previous lane.

Everyone is rolling at this point. Still no flaggers on this lane.

They rolled the triple and rolled the rollers.

That crew member put that tough block there forcing them outside.

McAdoo swerved to the right to try and avoid the medic.

No flags down the whoop lane. The only flagger is holding his yellow flag doing nothing.

They finally get a red flag right in front of the mechanics area.

LKHill wrote:
Your blind. the lights where all red. Also notice the flag-er is directing them to the designated track exit with an additional flag-er positioned there waving...
Your blind. the lights where all red. Also notice the flag-er is directing them to the designated track exit with an additional flag-er positioned there waving them off the track.. Again all the lights are red and the red cross is out before they took the green in every photo you shown.
tuttle425 wrote:
No they weren’t. They were yellow lights initially. What does it matter when the Red Cross flag came out? They can’t look around the track to...
No they weren’t. They were yellow lights initially. What does it matter when the Red Cross flag came out? They can’t look around the track to see if there are flags where they aren’t riding. The first Red Cross flag they saw is what is shown in the pics. the first red flag they saw was after the whoops.

The flagger waving the Red Cross is holding the yellow flag. Not waving it. And not frantically waving them off the track. Besides, why would that person be waving them off? The red flag had just come out.
To be fair, the lights in the stills posted above do look pretty red. To me it looks like they didn't notice the lights until they saw the red cross flag being waved. So they may have technically jumped under a red cross situation, but 2 whole lanes before the downed rider.
LKHill
2/21/2021 3:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 4:00pm
DonM wrote:
Yes. I am mistaken about is him being run over multiple times. The pack was between me and the downed rided so it happened fast and vision was partially obscured. Cooper also doubled, not tripled.
DonM
2/21/2021 4:06pm
DonM wrote:
LKHill wrote:
Yes. I am mistaken about is him being run over multiple times. The pack was between me and the downed rided so it happened fast and...
Yes. I am mistaken about is him being run over multiple times. The pack was between me and the downed rided so it happened fast and vision was partially obscured. Cooper also doubled, not tripled.
So you’ve seen that the riders did nothing wrong and that “super duper Justin Cooper did not ignore the flags/lights and continue racing/tripling leading the pack right into them where a medic got taken down with poor AMart getting run over multiple times....as you stated previously.....complete fuck up by race control/flaggers and track workers...but not the riders...

The Shop

LKHill
2/21/2021 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 4:45pm
DonM wrote:
So you’ve seen that the riders did nothing wrong and that “super duper Justin Cooper did not ignore the flags/lights and continue racing/tripling leading the pack...
So you’ve seen that the riders did nothing wrong and that “super duper Justin Cooper did not ignore the flags/lights and continue racing/tripling leading the pack right into them where a medic got taken down with poor AMart getting run over multiple times....as you stated previously.....complete fuck up by race control/flaggers and track workers...but not the riders...
Other than him jumping under the red lights/red cross flag and not being mindful of a medic situation. Sorry Mr. not perfect.

How many more flag-ers do they need? I mean how can you pull bikes off of downed riders, move tuff blocks and swing a flag at the same time.

Flags where swingin' bro, lights where flashing. Kind of like gun laws. You don't need more. Just follow the ones you have.
ab5772
2/21/2021 5:03pm
DonM wrote:
LKHill wrote:
Yes. I am mistaken about is him being run over multiple times. The pack was between me and the downed rided so it happened fast and...
mersk331
2/21/2021 5:38pm
mersk331 wrote:
You're right if everyone rolled then nobody would've been landed on :laugh: Jalek and everyone around them have something to do with it. Everyone around is...
You're right if everyone rolled then nobody would've been landed on Laughing Jalek and everyone around them have something to do with it. Everyone around is jumping and Jeremy is the only one that didn't. You dont think that plays any factor? Once again, try to be better next time before you give some ignorant race incident report lol
Zycki11 wrote:
I’m not sure what world you live in. As a rider your responsible for judgement in front of you. Turning off the brain doesn’t count. Also...
I’m not sure what world you live in. As a rider your responsible for judgement in front of you. Turning off the brain doesn’t count. Also, please do your best to use ignorant in the correct context. I know it’s difficult. Jeremy didn’t have room to thread the needle, hence not jumping. He has every right to not jump and the moron behind him decided to send it. I would hate to be on the same track with your decision making lol 😂

I’ll take Jeremy’s judgement being 2x outdoor champ and 6x sx race winner over the rookies first race decision making all day.
The irony of the guy telling me how to use ignorant while not using you're and your correctly Grinning Jeremy didn't have to thread the needle. We get it you love Jmart but that doesn't make Stilez a moron for anticipating him jumping in a split decision moment when he sees everyone else jumping. I know it's difficult for someone to understand when they haven't raced anywhere near that level. Once again, just a racing incident.
Zycki11
2/21/2021 5:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 5:46pm
mersk331 wrote:
The irony of the guy telling me how to use ignorant while not using you're and your correctly :lol: Jeremy didn't have to thread the needle...
The irony of the guy telling me how to use ignorant while not using you're and your correctly Grinning Jeremy didn't have to thread the needle. We get it you love Jmart but that doesn't make Stilez a moron for anticipating him jumping in a split decision moment when he sees everyone else jumping. I know it's difficult for someone to understand when they haven't raced anywhere near that level. Once again, just a racing incident.
Your right. He didn’t have to thread the needle, he chose not to do so and It is still a moronic decision by Robertson. I know it’s hard for you to comprehend actual common sense logic. 😘

Enjoy being nobody grammar 👮🏻‍♂️
Sully
2/21/2021 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 5:55pm
tuttle425 wrote:
Lol, you're wrong. They got the green flag on the finish line jump, turned, went down the start straight, turned left onto the rhythm lane and...
Lol, you're wrong. They got the green flag on the finish line jump, turned, went down the start straight, turned left onto the rhythm lane and the lights were flashing (PS, lights flashing does not mean stop racing. It means caution, passing allowed, jumping allowed https://www.supercrosslive.com/2020-supplemental-rules). They did two doubles and then saw the red cross flag which was being waived by a person on that lane before the turn. Everyone slowed down and rolled the rest of that rhythm, did a 180 left, headed towards the triple. There were no flaggers on this lane. Everyone rolled the triple, rolled the rollers and were forced to the outside due to where the track crew put the tough block. That lead group did not get a red flag until they finished the whoop lane, turned left and started to cut across the start in front of the mechanics area. At that point was a guy standing in the track with a red flag directing them back to the start gate.
LKHill wrote:
"White With Red Cross/Flashing Red Lights: Competitors must show extreme caution, slow down, maintain position, not gain an advantage and wheels of the motorcycle must not...
"White With Red Cross/Flashing Red Lights:

Competitors must show extreme caution, slow down, maintain position, not gain an advantage and wheels of the motorcycle must not leave the ground between the flag and the incident."

The lights where red and he jumped. Extreme caution was not used and the flag-er did everything but try and tackle Cooper to get him to pull over.

Other than those small details you left out. When will this guy take responsibility for his action on the track. I have never seen anybody get as many passes as this guy.
In what reality did Cooper's (or anyone's) wheels leave the ground, and where is this mythical hyper-aggressive track worker?

Reality 1 – LKHill 0
LKHill
2/21/2021 6:01pm
Sully wrote:
In what reality did Cooper's (or anyone's) wheels leave the ground, and where is this mythical hyper-aggressive track worker? [embed][/embed] Reality 1 – LKHill 0
In what reality did Cooper's (or anyone's) wheels leave the ground, and where is this mythical hyper-aggressive track worker?

Reality 1 – LKHill 0
Your a tool.
Sully
2/21/2021 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 6:06pm
Sully wrote:
In what reality did Cooper's (or anyone's) wheels leave the ground, and where is this mythical hyper-aggressive track worker? [embed][/embed] Reality 1 – LKHill 0

Reality 1 – LKHill 0
LKHill wrote:
Your a tool.
It's you're, dipshit.

Did Cox change his screen name? He's the only other person on this site who can be this wrong, and still dig his heels in like he's the only one who sees the truth...

Reality 2 – LKHill 0
sc961
2/21/2021 6:08pm
Lots of interesting views and opinions.

I don't have one on Jeremy's injury. I have never been in that situation, coming around the first corner, mid pack in a west coast 250 profesional SX. I'll defer to the experts.

As for the red flag incident, the rules, enforcement and consequences are next to impossible to be consistent with. Until someone get's the vision clearly defined, we will continue to have these embarrasing situations surface and hold the sport/riders hostage.

It shouldn't be as difficult as it seems to have rider communication in yellow, red cross, red, blue and black flag situations. There's no perfect world inside rule interpretations, but there are avenues to keep riders informed and everyone safer than we've seen in the past.

I'm hopeful someone, sooner rather than later can take a long hard look at how the current process is assembled and work to improve things.
mersk331
2/21/2021 6:09pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Your right. He didn’t have to thread the needle, he chose not to do so and It is still a moronic decision by Robertson. I know...
Your right. He didn’t have to thread the needle, he chose not to do so and It is still a moronic decision by Robertson. I know it’s hard for you to comprehend actual common sense logic. 😘

Enjoy being nobody grammar 👮🏻‍♂️
Thank you for proving my point Grinning
Zycki11
2/21/2021 6:36pm
mersk331 wrote:
Thank you for proving my point Grinning
That you have zero common sense or race etiquette? Happy to oblige 🤗
LKHill
2/21/2021 10:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 11:04pm
Sully wrote:
It's [i]you're[/i], dipshit. Did Cox change his screen name? He's the only other person on this site who can be this wrong, and still dig his...
It's you're, dipshit.

Did Cox change his screen name? He's the only other person on this site who can be this wrong, and still dig his heels in like he's the only one who sees the truth...

Reality 2 – LKHill 0
You are a dipshit. The reason the guy with the redcross flag in standing in the track on the wrong lane was because he was waving his arms and trying to get the riders to take the track exit instead of continuing to the next lane where there where not flag-ers. The red flag was out at that point regardless if it was displayed to the leaders. Of coarse you could not see that from Japan or past the tuning forks.

But don't take someones word for it that was mere yards away. If Cooper would have respected the REDCROSS FLAG he never would have placed the people in peril he did. How is my reality not the real reality? The redcross flag was out long before the crossed the finish line/green flag. The red lights told the riders that. He jumped anyway and did not obey the commands of the guy with the red cross flag leading to what happened.

If they did nothing wrong why did WhacAdoo say he was sorry and own it. Get a clue buddy.
Sully
2/21/2021 11:02pm
Sully wrote:
It's [i]you're[/i], dipshit. Did Cox change his screen name? He's the only other person on this site who can be this wrong, and still dig his...
It's you're, dipshit.

Reality 2 – LKHill 0
LKHill wrote:
You are a dipshit. The reason the guy with the redcross flag in standing in the track on the wrong lane was because he was waving...
You are a dipshit. The reason the guy with the redcross flag in standing in the track on the wrong lane was because he was waving his arms and trying to get the riders to take the track exit instead of continuing to the next lane where there where not flag-ers. The red flag was out at that point regardless if it was displayed to the leaders. Of coarse you could not see that from Japan or past the tuning forks.

But don't take someones word for it that was mere yards away. If Cooper would have respected the REDCROSS FLAG he never would have placed the people in peril he did. How is my reality not the real reality? The redcross flag was out long before the crossed the finish line/green flag. The red lights told the riders that. He jumped anyway and did not obey the commands of the guy with the red cross flag leading to what happened.

If they did nothing wrong why did WhacAdoo say he was sorry and own it. Get a clue buddy.
Did you even watch the Youtube video or look at the series of photos Tuttle posted, or are you just relying on what you saw from "mere yards away"? There was a flagger throwing the red cross flag, but he wasn't telling anyone to leave the track.

The red flag didn't come out until they crossed the start straight.

Reality 3 – LKHill 0

hamncheeze
2/21/2021 11:03pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 11:03pm
Well, I'm just here for the updates. On the RacerX/Matthes review it sounds like Jeremy has a dislocated shoulder and Alex a concussion. Steve said he texted A-Mart's wife and she said Alex was just repeating himself over and over after coming to. Not good man. I had a digger back in May, knocked out cold, and spent the next 4 hours re-introducing myself to the ER doctor like it was Groundhog Day (the movie). My wife said I introduced myself to him like 9 times in a row, every time he came in. I hope Big Al is OK and recovers well, he's got some youth on his side, but this shit cannot be rushed either. Get well soon Alex and Jeremy.

Off topic slightly, but Matthes/JT/Weege did discuss the track not being re-built due to weather and how the whoops were basically just left intact and were like concrete. Add in the 250 W at the first round and we saw what happened, carnage, not just in the whoops but everywhere. Oh and JT said there's no blame really in the J-Mart crash. Stilez was already committed to jumping before Jeremy backed out. I'll go with "guy who raced for 15 years" opinion over the Vital jury all day thanks.
LKHill
2/21/2021 11:19pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 11:22pm
"Did you even watch the Youtube video or look at the series of photos Tuttle posted, or are you just relying on what you saw from "mere yards away"? There was a flagger throwing the red cross flag, but he wasn't telling anyone to leave the track. "

You can't see the guy frantically waving his arms and motioning the riders to the track exit or his partner at the exit doing the same from a still photo of an edited TV broadcast some dude on the internut posted. You don't say? GWS Martin Bros. The racing won't be the same without you.
RalphS
2/21/2021 11:20pm
4 pages and only 2 updates the rest people whining, lemme join you. It really sucks for both. I had my money on Jmart winning the championship with Daytona and the 3 Atlantas and wanted him to beat Cooper as payback for his injury. Amart was a podium threat too.

I've been a Martins fan since forever and want them back in 2 weeks, Jmart still have a shot at the title if the shoulder isn't that smashed but lemme be that guy: this happens when you're still racing teenagers.

I can't do 10% of what they do on a bike and would do what they do in their position but this is exactly
the risk of racing kids.

Sully
2/22/2021 1:20am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2021 1:21am
LKHill wrote:
"Did you even watch the Youtube video or look at the series of photos Tuttle posted, or are you just relying on what you saw from...
"Did you even watch the Youtube video or look at the series of photos Tuttle posted, or are you just relying on what you saw from "mere yards away"? There was a flagger throwing the red cross flag, but he wasn't telling anyone to leave the track. "

You can't see the guy frantically waving his arms and motioning the riders to the track exit or his partner at the exit doing the same from a still photo of an edited TV broadcast some dude on the internut posted. You don't say? GWS Martin Bros. The racing won't be the same without you.
So that’d be a no, you didn’t watch it. Cool story, bro. Have the best day ever.
LKHill
2/22/2021 4:42am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2021 5:03am
Sully wrote:
So that’d be a no, you didn’t watch it. Cool story, bro. Have the best day ever.
I guess your problem is you didn't take the time to read previous posts and you are basing your thought process on a video that does not show what was happening fully.

If that was not the case you would know I did watch the video and it does not show the flagman long enough for you to see what they where trying to accomplish. It was a red flag situation and Super Pooper did not follow the direction of the flag-ers and exit the track @ the designated track exit and neither did WhacAdoo hence his apology but somehow you know more. When the guy with the medic flag directs you to leave the racing surface and you do not it's on you bro.

Cool story bro, next time check you facts Dick Tracy. I guess that was something you just can't see from Japan but that don't change the fact your still a tool.

Sully 0 – LKHill 5
BobPA
2/22/2021 6:04am
LKHill wrote:
I guess your problem is you didn't take the time to read previous posts and you are basing your thought process on a video that does...
I guess your problem is you didn't take the time to read previous posts and you are basing your thought process on a video that does not show what was happening fully.

If that was not the case you would know I did watch the video and it does not show the flagman long enough for you to see what they where trying to accomplish. It was a red flag situation and Super Pooper did not follow the direction of the flag-ers and exit the track @ the designated track exit and neither did WhacAdoo hence his apology but somehow you know more. When the guy with the medic flag directs you to leave the racing surface and you do not it's on you bro.

Cool story bro, next time check you facts Dick Tracy. I guess that was something you just can't see from Japan but that don't change the fact your still a tool.

Sully 0 – LKHill 5
Dude, take the L and move on. Ya lost this battle.
LKHill
2/22/2021 6:14am
BobPA wrote:
Ah, another moran. No shortage of them around this place.
300exc
2/22/2021 6:39am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2021 6:58am
Kelz87 wrote:
I’m pretty sure they didn’t show his crash tonight. They just showed him laying in the turn with some medics on lap one (followed my Mcadoo...
I’m pretty sure they didn’t show his crash tonight. They just showed him laying in the turn with some medics on lap one (followed my Mcadoo splitting the gap between AMart and a medic, pretty much knocking him down.)
Red flag restart, bad night for the Martin bros
LKHill wrote:
He was KO'ed flat on his face under his bike in the middle of the bowl turn. The worst part about it was they red flagged...
He was KO'ed flat on his face under his bike in the middle of the bowl turn. The worst part about it was they red flagged the race and super duper Justin Cooper ignored the flags/lights and continued racing/tripling leading the pack right into them where a medic got taken down with poor AMart getting run over multiple times. Total shitshow...
tuttle425 wrote:
Your memory is completely wrong. Martin was not hit by multiple riders. Justin Cooper started rolling jumps before they even got to the lane that Martin...
Your memory is completely wrong. Martin was not hit by multiple riders. Justin Cooper started rolling jumps before they even got to the lane that Martin was lying in. There were no flaggers on the lane Martin was lying in. There was one track crew directing riders and all he did was put a tough block on the track and direct riders towards Martin.
There were 2 yellow lights flashing just past the landing of the triple, prior to the medics.
chrisg19
Fantasy
4327th
2/22/2021 7:13am
It seems to me that all of this is avoided, if the tuff block were placed in a way to funnel the riders to the inside, instead of funneling them all around the outside. If you watch the video the majority of the riders take the same outside line as Cooper/Mcadoo. Also watch the whoop lane after the turn, none of the racers backed off or just rolled through, indicating none of them had seen any red lights saying the race was stopped.
LungButter
2/22/2021 7:35am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2021 7:49am
LKHill wrote:
Did you know that a lot of times in court 'eye witness' testimony is thrown out because the people who "saw it with their own eyes" don't actually know what the hell they saw cause it happened so fast?

I think that's what is going on here, especially since you keep denying and throwing out the facts and evidence that have been presented.

Move on man, you're wrong.
Fourth_Floor
2/22/2021 7:40am
Whoever placed the tuff block fucked up, period. Imagine how confusing that was for the riders trying to make a split second decision as to why they were being routed that way. A-stars medical guy that got hit showed a lot of courage running into fire like that to attend to the downed rider, that's a dude you'd want to have your back when shit goes south.

Quit blaming the riders and the A-stars guy that got hit. The guy seen a fellow human in trouble and sprang into action showing no regards to his own safety. If that's not the definition of a medic than I don't know what is. Props to him.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
2/22/2021 7:46am
BobPA wrote:
LKHill wrote:
You need to take a very long break from this forum. Like forever. And dont come back. Shit poster.
LKHill
2/22/2021 8:32am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2021 8:49am
LungButter wrote:
Did you know that a lot of times in court 'eye witness' testimony is thrown out because the people who "saw it with their own eyes"...
Did you know that a lot of times in court 'eye witness' testimony is thrown out because the people who "saw it with their own eyes" don't actually know what the hell they saw cause it happened so fast?

I think that's what is going on here, especially since you keep denying and throwing out the facts and evidence that have been presented.

Move on man, you're wrong.
All the evidence as you so call it proves I am correct. The lights where red and red before they completed a lap. Re-watch the first lap. Some numbnuts on the internet thinks the flag-er should die trying to stand in the way of a charging Justin Cooper to shut down the track. You are absolutely clueless.
LKHill
2/22/2021 8:34am
disbanded wrote:
You need to take a very long break from this forum. Like forever. And dont come back. Shit poster.
Ha, Ha, you just got tea-bagged bro.

Post a reply to: Any word on the Martin Brothers?

The Latest