Any word on Reedy?

level
6/2/2008 6:58am Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 1:26am
Any inside guys know what he is trying to put together? He didn't say much during the broadcast except that he was working on something and might race some this year once the deal is done. By the way, he looked funny in those sunglasses.
|
Highsider
6/2/2008 6:59am
I saw his interview on the GH show.

Boy, Erin is hot!

Jimi J
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
6/2/2008 7:07am
I am no insider but I know what he is working on. He is trying to stay on the same bikes. They are close and if it gets done he will ride the last few nats and the whole series next year.
Lightning78
6/2/2008 8:24am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:09pm
Can't remember which interview I heard recently with him DMXS I think?

Did any else notice how much he has changed his tune about the outdoors? I mean, the last 2 years he kept saying while on the SX only L&M Team that he was over the Nats and "They just aren't that fun" In the interview he was leaning towards wanting to race the Nats but his team was SX only and he felt he has a championship in him for sure and would like to showcase it outdoors also saying he lost a lot of fans to sitting out the outdoors. Sounds to me like he is pulling a 180 on his decision to race the Nats, maybe no one will hire him as a Sx only rider?
BobbyM
6/2/2008 8:33am
believe it or not he may retire...seriously.

The Shop

6/2/2008 8:39am
I don't want to start any rumors...

And I definately don't wear mine all the time... actually hardly ever... only going out to eat and to special occasions..

but i noticed he wasn't wearing his ring.
6/2/2008 8:42am
He missed his chance..........Bubba's return at whateve percent Bubba say's he's currently at is killing Reeds market value.

No one want's to pay 1st place money for the second place guy.

Reed shoulda signed the best offer before the industry saw Bubba at Glen Helen. It's business 101.

Reeds outdoors desires are what we call a value add in negotiations. He screwed himself and now is "holding out"

Ask yourself how many suzukis did RC sell?

Yamaha336
6/2/2008 8:45am
I don't want to start any rumors... And I definately don't wear mine all the time... actually hardly ever... only going out to eat and to...

And I definately don't wear mine all the time... actually hardly ever... only going out to eat and to special occasions..

Are Chad and Ellie having problems?
Lightning78
6/2/2008 8:52am
BobbyM wrote:
believe it or not he may retire...seriously.
I have a feeling he may too...... he kinda did it to himself over the years with SX only, finger flippin, bad attitude (at times) bashing other riders etc. Too bad if he does but I wouldn't be suprised
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
6/2/2008 8:52am
He missed his chance..........Bubba's return at whateve percent Bubba say's he's currently at is killing Reeds market value. No one want's to pay 1st place money...
He missed his chance..........Bubba's return at whateve percent Bubba say's he's currently at is killing Reeds market value.

No one want's to pay 1st place money for the second place guy.

Reed shoulda signed the best offer before the industry saw Bubba at Glen Helen. It's business 101.

Reeds outdoors desires are what we call a value add in negotiations. He screwed himself and now is "holding out"

Ask yourself how many suzukis did RC sell?

You have to be offered something to turn it down. I have said it once I will say it again, everyone, and that includes James, are all waiting for one rider to finalize his deal.

Not to burn anyone here, but if you dont know whats going on, its better left not talked about. To just speculate that Reed is a greedy rider holding out for more money tells me you dont know what you are talking about. Remember that a riders comfert might be worth more then money.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
6/2/2008 8:55am
I don't want to start any rumors... And I definately don't wear mine all the time... actually hardly ever... only going out to eat and to...

Yamaha336 wrote:
Does that realy matter?
stizzle
6/2/2008 9:28am
UpTiTe wrote:
Does that realy matter?
Yes, of course it matters. Now we know there is a chance!
6/2/2008 9:49am

they why say anything at all.
Yamaha336
6/2/2008 11:28am
UpTiTe wrote:
Does that realy matter?
Never said it mattered. I was just curious. She is not around as much as she use to be.
Travis707
6/2/2008 11:52am

Yamaha336 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Does that realy matter?
No, it doesn't really matter... none of our business, really. But there were rumors floating around Vegas. If the rumors are true then perhaps it may explain a few things.

Regardless, Chad is an extremely talented rider and not having him in the Nationals sucks for us fans. If he wants to continue racing in the USA, he'll land somewhere with a good ride, no doubt.

Best of luck to Chad.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
6/2/2008 11:56am
It's true, he's retiring from the sport, so he can open up a chain of KFC's,

Just what I heard..
breck
6/2/2008 12:11pm
I heard his deal wiht KFC is actually a Taco Bell/KFC side by side chain...

Just what i heard though...
level
6/2/2008 12:36pm
Chad seems like a pretty smart guy and likes to be in control of his own destiny. He seems like he's having fun kicking back a little and trying to put something together that will be right for him and make racing fun for him. Gotta respect that.

He really has nothing to prove. He's a great racer. He will get on a team that he wants, try to defend his Supercross title and then maybe try and win an Outdoor title is my guess but he does seem like a pretty smart guy and wants to keep racing fun and in his control as much as possible.
ncdirtrider
6/2/2008 1:13pm
Highsider wrote:

Boy, Erin is hot!

Jimi J
You have to be more specific. Normoyle or Bates? Both are true.
ncdirtrider
6/2/2008 1:19pm
I definitely think CR should have raced the outdoors... his best chance at a title in years. If James injured himself, the title would have been his (esp since Townley is riding hurt). Also would have helped the sport to have someone that could run ahead of the pack and potentially challenge the runaway leader. Perhaps the series itself should have sponsored him.

Chad's OK in my book. He's not been perfect, but you can't accuse him of not having heart when he races or of not wanting it. He's 100% competitor out there and road through some serious pain for that title. I for one will miss him if he retires. I think he's great to have around the AMA racing scene.

As far as Ellie, I hope those rumors are false and it'd be better if they weren't spread at least until proven true ... but even then, none of our biz.
-eagle-
6/2/2008 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:09pm
What a pleasant suprise, nobody said:
"He's doing outdoors next year because he knows james is L&M sx only."

I hope he doesn't walk away, but with his sx down under series & car interest I wouldn't blame him.
6/2/2008 1:45pm
breck wrote:
I heard his deal wiht KFC is actually a Taco Bell/KFC side by side chain...

Just what i heard though...
actually i heard it was a Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut trio so you never get tired of the same old food....Cool
6/2/2008 1:45pm
-eagle- wrote:
What a pleasant suprise, nobody said: "He's doing outdoors next year because he knows james is L&M sx only." I hope he doesn't walk away, but...
What a pleasant suprise, nobody said:
"He's doing outdoors next year because he knows james is L&M sx only."

I hope he doesn't walk away, but with his sx down under series & car interest I wouldn't blame him.
you just did....Laughing
6/2/2008 1:47pm
Highsider wrote:

Boy, Erin is hot!

Jimi J
You have to be more specific. Normoyle or Bates? Both are true.
Normoyle is way hotter though and she's a races!Cool
6/2/2008 1:53pm
How many seasons does Chad get spanked in before you realize it's just not there for him against James?

Keep holding out for that "inspired ride"

Currently you've now waited 7 seasons......
6/2/2008 1:59pm
No way Villopoto has 5 factories and a couple energy drink companies "on hold" when you got Bubba and Reed available.

Proven performers on the 450 over 16 rounds, SX past and current champs and #'s 3 and 4 on the all time win list waiting for a guy who didn't win out the 8 round series on the small easy to ride class filled with inexperienced younger competition in his 3rd season. With a wrist injury question mark?

Afuggenamazing....

mxrulez
6/2/2008 7:27pm
i dont think he will be able to do the whole nats next years because, his racing the supercross in australia whichis during the AMA nats, his plan was to do the AMA supercross then come over here and do the Aussie SX, he has a house and stuff that he bought back here now
cody331
6/2/2008 7:40pm
mxrulez wrote:
i dont think he will be able to do the whole nats next years because, his racing the supercross in australia whichis during the AMA nats...
i dont think he will be able to do the whole nats next years because, his racing the supercross in australia whichis during the AMA nats, his plan was to do the AMA supercross then come over here and do the Aussie SX, he has a house and stuff that he bought back here now
i thought the aussie sx doesn't start until october or november?
mxgoon
6/3/2008 4:01am
mxrulez wrote:
i dont think he will be able to do the whole nats next years because, his racing the supercross in australia whichis during the AMA nats...
cody331 wrote:
i thought the aussie sx doesn't start until october or november?
Correct!

If anyone seriously thinks that he will not have a ride on factory equipment then they are seriously mistaken.

He is the current AMA SX champ.! This goes a long way when looking and negotiating for a contract.

He has made all the right moves in the past when dealing with contracts. He was smart enough to go SX only when he was struggling to find the motivation and speed needing to win and look how that turned out for him. Another Championship.

He will make the right decision again this time.
R-acer
6/3/2008 5:28am
I cant wait to see reed with his red number 1 plate next year getting spanked...half a lap behind James and more than likely getting spanked by a couple of lites riders who move up next year..... its gonna be awesome!!! Evil

If he raced mx this year, ..... just like in SX, James would make quick work of him
Preset
6/3/2008 5:42am
Yeh yeh yeh .We get it R-acer ya hate Reed.

Post a reply to: Any word on Reedy?

The Latest