Any word from Chihiro Notsuka?

moto0852
I'm not going to weigh in on how the blame pie gets divvied up between Chihiro and Jason...just wondering if he'd put out an official response or reached out to Jason?
|
Frodad78
9/28/2016 11:38am
If you read Mathes Observations he reported that Chihiro and the Japanese team manager went over to team USA afterwards and apologized.
newmann
9/28/2016 12:02pm
Frodad78 wrote:
If you read Mathes Observations he reported that Chihiro and the Japanese team manager went over to team USA afterwards and apologized.
Good on them, that was an honorable thing to do.

Betting Anderson doesn't roll any more finish line jumps while a race is going on behind him.
moto0852
9/28/2016 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 12:19pm
Frodad78 wrote:
I saw that. Jason wasnt even there at that time and from what I hear no one really was in the mood to talk to him anyway.
I'm more interested if he has a statement out or has reached out to Jason.
63mark
9/28/2016 12:32pm
Frodad78 wrote:
moto0852 wrote:
I saw that. Jason wasnt even there at that time and from what I hear no one really was in the mood to talk to him...
I saw that. Jason wasnt even there at that time and from what I hear no one really was in the mood to talk to him anyway.
I'm more interested if he has a statement out or has reached out to Jason.
Seriously? Chihiro could have seriously got hurt! That, and he was being followed by 2 riders battling for second? And the race ends after you clear the finish jump. I think it was Malin who made a comment that every rider should look ahead and keep in mind that the winner might be celebrating on the finish jump, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! That theory sounded so stupid.... damn.

Jason made a mistake, he was exited and forgot about his surroundings for a moment. It happens to everyone sometimes!

The Shop

Motoxdoc
9/28/2016 1:05pm
That wasn't his fault....and I'm sure he felt awful about it!
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
9/28/2016 1:10pm
Feel like they are going have to do something next year for the MXON. Not only did Jason get landed on but after the 3rd moto, how may spectators almost got hit by just crossing the finish line before the race was over? Where were the track officials to hold off the fans? Shit got to crazy at the finish line.
motomx88
9/28/2016 1:15pm
At the end of the race coverage you can see him go back to check on him. Just a bad incident and he has to feel terrible about. Anyone would no matter who they landed on.
downard254
9/28/2016 1:17pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
^This, X1000
tek14
9/28/2016 1:28pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
This
9/28/2016 1:52pm
Jordan421 wrote:
Feel like they are going have to do something next year for the MXON. Not only did Jason get landed on but after the 3rd moto...
Feel like they are going have to do something next year for the MXON. Not only did Jason get landed on but after the 3rd moto, how may spectators almost got hit by just crossing the finish line before the race was over? Where were the track officials to hold off the fans? Shit got to crazy at the finish line.
At Matterley I don't think the spectators can get that close to the finish line, and the double is pretty sharp I doubt anyone would roll it anyway at the finish.
Unless it's a wet one then the piss heads will be to busy sliding down the hills haha
Mit12
9/28/2016 1:52pm
The fact that he came over and apologized speaks volumes. Yes the team was upset and probably did not care but the fact is it was a bummer for all involved.
tempura
9/28/2016 4:01pm
Notsuka doesn't need to do anymore than he did. He went over to check on Jason, got abused for it. The end...
slipdog
9/28/2016 4:08pm
tempura wrote:
Notsuka doesn't need to do anymore than he did. He went over to check on Jason, got abused for it. The end...
Leaves a bad taste in my mouth to hear he may have been blown off by team USA for being a man about a bad situation. Imagine the shit that would be said if he didn't go over to check on him... Bullshit, IMO.
gerg
9/28/2016 4:28pm
Feel for Notsuka being associated in this incident caused 100% by Anderson then having to put up with the opinions of the clueless few that actually believe he has to shoulder any blame at all.

I listed to those morons on matthes pulpmx allocating him "75% of the blame pie" and just so dismayed people who consider themselves in the know would view it that way.

WTF is wrong with people???

Anderson in future when you cross the line, do it properly and or get out of the way or expect to possibly get injured again as well as others.

If rules need to be implemented to cater for common sense what do people actually think it would be:
* Dont roll a jump after the races ends.
or
* When you think the race might have ended make sure you roll a jump just in case the guy in front has rolled the jump so neither of you are killed or maimed.
gerg
9/28/2016 4:36pm
Doubt it but he can try.
9/28/2016 4:37pm
tempura wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Leaves a bad taste in my mouth to hear he may have been blown off by team USA for being a man about a bad situation...
Leaves a bad taste in my mouth to hear he may have been blown off by team USA for being a man about a bad situation. Imagine the shit that would be said if he didn't go over to check on him... Bullshit, IMO.
Let's not be so fast to suggest that Team USA "blew him off". All we have is a report from Moto0852. I'd like a second source before we convict if you don't mind.

He did the honorable thing by apologizing in person, and I don't think he owes Vital a damn thing.
slipdog
9/28/2016 4:43pm
tempura wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Leaves a bad taste in my mouth to hear he may have been blown off by team USA for being a man about a bad situation...
Let's not be so fast to suggest that Team USA "blew him off". All we have is a report from Moto0852. I'd like a second source...
Let's not be so fast to suggest that Team USA "blew him off". All we have is a report from Moto0852. I'd like a second source before we convict if you don't mind.

He did the honorable thing by apologizing in person, and I don't think he owes Vital a damn thing.
I'm all for having correct information before convicting anyone of anything.

"Leaves a bad taste in my mouth to hear he may have been blown off by team USA for being a man about a bad situation."

Uncle Tony
9/28/2016 4:43pm
When I started racing a very long time ago we didn't have finish line jumps, we did have a finish line straights tho
SKlein
9/28/2016 4:54pm
peelout wrote:
taken from his IG [img]https://i.imgur.com/yjWzMAf.jpg[/img]
taken from his IG

Thanks for the laugh Peel
krypto71
9/28/2016 4:55pm
Its probably been said before but IMO, if you have not yet crossed the finish line, unless you have a flaggie slowing you up, you race to the finish line.
9/28/2016 5:00pm
slipdog wrote:
Let's not be so fast to suggest that Team USA "blew him off". All we have is a report from Moto0852. I'd like a second source...

slipdog wrote:
I'm all for having correct information before convicting anyone of anything. [i]"Leaves a bad taste in my mouth to hear [b]he may have been blown off[/b]...
I'm all for having correct information before convicting anyone of anything.

"Leaves a bad taste in my mouth to hear he may have been blown off by team USA for being a man about a bad situation."

Sorry - I thought the bad taste was already in your mouth. Didn't sound neutral but thanks for the clarification.

The OP also sounded like he's ready to convict the other side.

I feel like we should just put our pitchforks away and get them sharpened again in 2017, but maybe it's just me.
kiwifan
9/28/2016 5:03pm
If YOU were a Pro rider you would know that rolling over a finish line jump to get the conquered flag (after passing lappers) is probably not the best idea ...but then I guess you know better as a non-Pro then eh?

DonM
9/28/2016 5:22pm
kiwifan wrote:
If YOU were a Pro rider you would know that rolling over a finish line jump to get the conquered flag (after passing lappers) is probably...
If YOU were a Pro rider you would know that rolling over a finish line jump to get the conquered flag (after passing lappers) is probably not the best idea ...but then I guess you know better as a non-Pro then eh?

YOU may want to watch a few previous MXDN videos just to see how many Pro riders actually roll the finish...maybe instead of blaming riders we should blame the track...We are just lucky it hasn't happened before.
Why do we have to even have a finish line jump?
Change that and the problem goes away...
gerg
9/28/2016 5:37pm
kiwifan wrote:
If YOU were a Pro rider you would know that rolling over a finish line jump to get the conquered flag (after passing lappers) is probably...

DonM wrote:
YOU may want to watch a few previous MXDN videos just to see how many Pro riders actually roll the finish...maybe instead of blaming riders we...
YOU may want to watch a few previous MXDN videos just to see how many Pro riders actually roll the finish...maybe instead of blaming riders we should blame the track...We are just lucky it hasn't happened before.
Finish line jumps are here to stay the governing bodies just need to legislate for common sense when crossing the line.
nicko-31
9/28/2016 5:37pm
Frodad78 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Good on them, that was an honorable thing to do. Betting Anderson doesn't roll any more finish line jumps while a race is going on behind...
Good on them, that was an honorable thing to do.

Betting Anderson doesn't roll any more finish line jumps while a race is going on behind him.
I just watched the MXGP at Glen Helen that Eli won by quite a few seconds. He rolls the finish line and in the back ground you can see riders letting up because they know that first place lapped them. I'm repeating my self from other posts.It's not a blind jump , Notsuka was just passed by Jason shortly before the finish line, It's hard to believe that he wasen't aware of how close he was. I put most of the blame on Notsuka. It doesn't change anything that happened. I'm really glad Jason is ultimately O.K.
DonM
9/28/2016 5:45pm
kiwifan wrote:

DonM wrote:
YOU may want to watch a few previous MXDN videos just to see how many Pro riders actually roll the finish...maybe instead of blaming riders we...
gerg wrote:
Finish line jumps are here to stay the governing bodies just need to legislate for common sense when crossing the line.
Or not make them blind....
nicko-31
9/28/2016 5:49pm
nicko-31 wrote:
I just watched the MXGP at Glen Helen that Eli won by quite a few seconds. He rolls the finish line and in the back ground...
I just watched the MXGP at Glen Helen that Eli won by quite a few seconds. He rolls the finish line and in the back ground you can see riders letting up because they know that first place lapped them. I'm repeating my self from other posts.It's not a blind jump , Notsuka was just passed by Jason shortly before the finish line, It's hard to believe that he wasen't aware of how close he was. I put most of the blame on Notsuka. It doesn't change anything that happened. I'm really glad Jason is ultimately O.K.
Hopefully we'll all learn something from this.
kiwifan
9/28/2016 6:36pm
DonM wrote:
Look I agree that finish line jumps are naff and it would fix the problem....however regardless as to whether previous riders have done it or not, they should all know bettter ...thats my point

Post a reply to: Any word from Chihiro Notsuka?

The Latest