Any updates on Micky Diamond?

neverwas
Fantasy
740th
Edited Date/Time 12/12/2019 3:58am
Haven't seen anything in awhile and curious.
|
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
12/11/2019 11:16am Edited Date/Time 12/11/2019 11:32am
* Dymond

View this post on Instagram

@xtrema_girl here w/an update! We’ve been here in SoCal all week after spending a nice Thanksgiving at home with friends family ...and kitties. Many folks have reached out asking how Micky is doing and I have to admit it’s been tough to get the time to write an update because we have been so busy. Micky’s therapy schedule is full throttle and to be honest with you some days it’s all we can do to get through the day. Not going to make this post about me, but working full time and being a full time support for Micky has been a huge job. Finding time to have a little sliver of life to do things like ride my bike or actually make dinner is not easy, but it’s critical to have some sense of normalcy or I might spin out, so thank you for your patience with this update. Micky has been making strides. His physical body is healing faster than his brain. He’s been riding the indoor bike trainer, that has made him pretty happy. He’s not allowed to ride outside (or drive yet) so we are pretty stoked he has Zwift. We did get an MRI on his hip and found out that he mostly likely had a fracture which explains his pain and mobility issues. He’s becoming more accepting now of the fact that his brain isn’t coming along as fast as his body. He’s been diligent about doing the cognitive “homework” exercises. He’s also been working on more complex cognitive activities with his physical and speech therapists. I’m always amazed at how they add a new level to challenge him. He can get pretty frustrated at times, but he always tries his best and it’s inspiring to see him put in the work to get better. One thing all of his therapists have stated is that Micky has no problem working hard, but he could be better at having patience and resting. If you know Micky you know thats not exactly part of his DNA but we are working on it! Life sure has thrown us a crazy curveball but all the friends, family, and therapy folks we are connected with are an absolute key ingredient to the healing process. So thank you to all of you for every ounce of encouragement and support you’ve given, whether it be it moral, or financial. Every bit matters and has made a difference. More soon #lovewins #gomicky

A post shared by Micky Dymond (@mickydymond) on Dec 7, 2019 at 12:31pm PST

neverwas
Fantasy
740th
12/11/2019 11:18am
langhammx wrote:
* Dymond

View this post on Instagram

@xtrema_girl here w/an update! We’ve been here in SoCal all week after spending a nice Thanksgiving at home with friends family ...and kitties. Many folks have reached out asking how Micky is doing and I have to admit it’s been tough to get the time to write an update because we have been so busy. Micky’s therapy schedule is full throttle and to be honest with you some days it’s all we can do to get through the day. Not going to make this post about me, but working full time and being a full time support for Micky has been a huge job. Finding time to have a little sliver of life to do things like ride my bike or actually make dinner is not easy, but it’s critical to have some sense of normalcy or I might spin out, so thank you for your patience with this update. Micky has been making strides. His physical body is healing faster than his brain. He’s been riding the indoor bike trainer, that has made him pretty happy. He’s not allowed to ride outside (or drive yet) so we are pretty stoked he has Zwift. We did get an MRI on his hip and found out that he mostly likely had a fracture which explains his pain and mobility issues. He’s becoming more accepting now of the fact that his brain isn’t coming along as fast as his body. He’s been diligent about doing the cognitive “homework” exercises. He’s also been working on more complex cognitive activities with his physical and speech therapists. I’m always amazed at how they add a new level to challenge him. He can get pretty frustrated at times, but he always tries his best and it’s inspiring to see him put in the work to get better. One thing all of his therapists have stated is that Micky has no problem working hard, but he could be better at having patience and resting. If you know Micky you know thats not exactly part of his DNA but we are working on it! Life sure has thrown us a crazy curveball but all the friends, family, and therapy folks we are connected with are an absolute key ingredient to the healing process. So thank you to all of you for every ounce of encouragement and support you’ve given, whether it be it moral, or financial. Every bit matters and has made a difference. More soon #lovewins #gomicky

A post shared by Micky Dymond (@mickydymond) on Dec 7, 2019 at 12:31pm PST

I knew something didn't look right when I spelled his name.
Thanks for the info.

Post a reply to: Any updates on Micky Diamond?

The Latest