Any updates on Dean Wilson?

stackman17
Edited Date/Time 12/17/2019 8:16pm
I did a search and went three pages back, but did not see anything. Are there any updates to his injury and how he is doing? Thanks.
|
mxcrzy
Fantasy
883rd
12/8/2019 3:42pm
i cant even find is Insta
SRG
12/8/2019 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 12/8/2019 4:45pm
mxcrzy wrote:
i cant even find is Insta
People started to make rude comments about him, and Dean at some point wrote that enough is enough. To be honest, it is quite silly to think that it is somehow his decision to get hurt, but most people just don't understand how many sacrifices this sport requires and how much pain it can give to the rider and his loved ones.

Nowadays the Internet is so toxic, that you can frequently read the typical "Thank you, you just messed up my RMFantasySX" after a rider has fallen. Unbelievable...
JM485
12/8/2019 4:55pm
I don’t think people understand just how many chances these guys have to take each and every race. Consider this:

How many times, when you’re racing with an actual gate drop, do you push it just that little bit more? Maybe not a lot, but you know, just that little bit more that brings you outside your comfort zone. Maybe you hit a corner a bit harder, maybe you jump a double a bit farther, but regardless you’re pushing and maybe have a sketchy moment or two.

Now, imagine that you’re raving each and every weekend, with huge pressure and gnarly tracks that require extreme precision at a pace that’s upped each and every year. Think you could make it through the entire year injury free? I doubt it, and it’s amazing to me that so many guys actually do. This sport is dangerous and it only takes a few inches here and there to go from perfection to disaster.
Hoks
12/8/2019 5:04pm
Swap moto live did a podcast with him and he really opened up on where his head is at and his hopes for the 2020 season.

The Shop

tzmike
12/9/2019 5:13am
Loved the grandpa video he did. The kid doesn't deserve to have gotten bashed to the point of no longer posting if in fact he was being beat down. He breaks up the scene by showing you can still have fun. Deano come back !
peltier626
12/9/2019 7:08am Edited Date/Time 12/9/2019 7:11am
JM485 wrote:
I don’t think people understand just how many chances these guys have to take each and every race. Consider this: How many times, when you’re racing...
I don’t think people understand just how many chances these guys have to take each and every race. Consider this:

How many times, when you’re racing with an actual gate drop, do you push it just that little bit more? Maybe not a lot, but you know, just that little bit more that brings you outside your comfort zone. Maybe you hit a corner a bit harder, maybe you jump a double a bit farther, but regardless you’re pushing and maybe have a sketchy moment or two.

Now, imagine that you’re raving each and every weekend, with huge pressure and gnarly tracks that require extreme precision at a pace that’s upped each and every year. Think you could make it through the entire year injury free? I doubt it, and it’s amazing to me that so many guys actually do. This sport is dangerous and it only takes a few inches here and there to go from perfection to disaster.
I agree and brought this up a couple times with massive rebuttle but why do the tracks have to be so "gnarly" and require extreme precision at a pace that increases every year. Does these increasing speeds and technical tracks add to the value and viability of this sport? Do we need ever evolving, faster and more capable bikes? When will the limits be exceeded, I think it already has. We have no roll cages or air bags in this sport and the threshold of the human body has been exceeded. Inertia is a bitch. Dean's a great ambassador and personality for this sport and I wish him well and look forward to his return.
brocster
12/9/2019 7:27am
The whole social dealio is a tough space to play. The never ending amount of people saying negative shit to a person that they, never in a million years, would say to their face is pathetic and will only get worse before it gets better...
motokawi818
12/9/2019 7:27am
peltier626 wrote:
I agree and brought this up a couple times with massive rebuttle but why do the tracks have to be so "gnarly" and require extreme precision...
I agree and brought this up a couple times with massive rebuttle but why do the tracks have to be so "gnarly" and require extreme precision at a pace that increases every year. Does these increasing speeds and technical tracks add to the value and viability of this sport? Do we need ever evolving, faster and more capable bikes? When will the limits be exceeded, I think it already has. We have no roll cages or air bags in this sport and the threshold of the human body has been exceeded. Inertia is a bitch. Dean's a great ambassador and personality for this sport and I wish him well and look forward to his return.
Flat track racers get hurt all the time. Do you think those tracks are too gnarly? Racing causes injuries plain and simple.
mirramaxx
12/9/2019 7:56am
brocster wrote:
The whole social dealio is a tough space to play. The never ending amount of people saying negative shit to a person that they, never in...
The whole social dealio is a tough space to play. The never ending amount of people saying negative shit to a person that they, never in a million years, would say to their face is pathetic and will only get worse before it gets better...
Agree !00%, pretty much all those folks stalking smack would never to do it in person. To me life is short to be so negative to others. I just hope Deano gets well !
tek14
12/9/2019 8:03am
Hoks wrote:
Swap moto live did a podcast with him and he really opened up on where his head is at and his hopes for the 2020 season.
What was said?
peltier626
12/9/2019 8:55am
Flat track racers get hurt all the time. Do you think those tracks are too gnarly? Racing causes injuries plain and simple.
You are correct sir, but I think the severity and frequency of injuries increase proportionally as speeds and technicality increase. Maybe it's just me getting old that has changed my perspective. I don't know.
TeamGreen
12/9/2019 9:09am
peltier626 wrote:
You are correct sir, but I think the severity and frequency of injuries increase proportionally as speeds and technicality increase. Maybe it's just me getting old...
You are correct sir, but I think the severity and frequency of injuries increase proportionally as speeds and technicality increase. Maybe it's just me getting old that has changed my perspective. I don't know.
How fast does a FTer have to go into a turn for you to call what they do “gnarly”?

Those guys are bad asses.
Hoks
12/9/2019 9:26am
Hoks wrote:
tek14 wrote:
What was said?
It’s like a 20 minute interview you can listen to for free. I’m not gonna quote the whole thing.

He did tell his fiancé that he was done tho, but you should listen to it for yourself.
Anton_514
12/9/2019 10:03am
Hoks wrote:
tek14 wrote:
What was said?
Hoks wrote:
It’s like a 20 minute interview you can listen to for free. I’m not gonna quote the whole thing. He did tell his fiancé that he...
It’s like a 20 minute interview you can listen to for free. I’m not gonna quote the whole thing.

He did tell his fiancé that he was done tho, but you should listen to it for yourself.
pbody
Fantasy
347th
12/9/2019 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 12/9/2019 12:33pm
Hoks wrote:
It’s like a 20 minute interview you can listen to for free. I’m not gonna quote the whole thing. He did tell his fiancé that he...

He said he was done right after the accident while his hip was dislocated and on the backboard.....and he stated that he said that while "running off of emotions." "I'm not ready to give up."
aeffertz
12/9/2019 12:25pm
brocster wrote:
The whole social dealio is a tough space to play. The never ending amount of people saying negative shit to a person that they, never in...
mirramaxx wrote:
Agree !00%, pretty much all those folks stalking smack would never to do it in person. To me life is short to be so negative to...
Agree !00%, pretty much all those folks stalking smack would never to do it in person. To me life is short to be so negative to others. I just hope Deano gets well !
And then the same type of people will come on Vital and say similar things and get upset when their comments are deleted.
hyler199
12/9/2019 2:02pm
Some people deserve a world class knuckle sandwich. Dean is a true hero in this sport and fuck anyone who thinks different
Hoks
12/9/2019 2:47pm
pbody wrote:
He said he was done right after the accident while his hip was dislocated and on the backboard.....and he stated that he said that while "running...
He said he was done right after the accident while his hip was dislocated and on the backboard.....and he stated that he said that while "running off of emotions." "I'm not ready to give up."
Right
gt80rider
12/9/2019 2:59pm
I was a big fan of Dean's posts... Positive and motivational.... Hope he crushes when he comes back
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
12/9/2019 3:03pm
brocster wrote:
mirramaxx wrote:
Agree !00%, pretty much all those folks stalking smack would never to do it in person. To me life is short to be so negative to...
aeffertz wrote:
And then the same type of people will come on Vital and say similar things and get upset when their comments are deleted.
Or even get a thumbs down. Cool
12/12/2019 10:37am
Freaking little bitches, anyone that talks smack about a top pro guy getting hurt. The speed these guys are going at 50% makes 99% of us vital people look stupid on a track.

I have always appreciated Deanos character and determination. I hope he does make it back and with some good results.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
12/12/2019 10:59am
gt80rider wrote:
I was a big fan of Dean's posts... Positive and motivational.... Hope he crushes when he comes back
Be positive and motivational is a double-edged knife for the brain.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
12/12/2019 11:44am
Dean is Dean, don't yall worry.
hamncheeze
12/12/2019 12:14pm
Deano will come back to IG. He took a social media timeout last year in the off-season as well. I like it, probably a good reset for him when he comes back on, plus he probably clears out a lot of deadwood followers this way as well.
Beeby
12/16/2019 7:10am
Well, he is back on a bike it seems. Unless they are somehow just trolling people...
4DAIVIPAI2K5
12/16/2019 8:54am
Beeby wrote:
Well, he is back on a bike it seems. Unless they are somehow just trolling people... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/12/16/391849/s1200_338DFE60_F622_4E71_9472_1C506E90D9F2.jpg[/img]
Well, he is back on a bike it seems. Unless they are somehow just trolling people...
Go Deano, Go!
Beeby
12/16/2019 6:00pm
Beeby wrote:
Well, he is back on a bike it seems. Unless they are somehow just trolling people... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/12/16/391849/s1200_338DFE60_F622_4E71_9472_1C506E90D9F2.jpg[/img]
Go Deano, Go!
Im sort of surprised it isn’t bigger news, especially as it’s off season so perhaps it’s not real?
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
12/16/2019 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 12/16/2019 6:50pm
Jason Weigandt and RacerX did a very critical article about Dean being too much of a goof in videos to be a serious racer. Dean was without a ride at the time, but he wasn't moping around, instead he took the time to have some fun and do some completely harmless and fun videos. Weigandt’s typical arrogant reply was to cast a negative vibe on everything DW15 was doing. Dean ended up with a full ride at Husky, but was criticized and tarnished by RacerX for no reason at all.

Post a reply to: Any updates on Dean Wilson?

The Latest